Mobile Sim

Siam Addict

I carry a Samsung "dual-sim". In fact, just yesterday updated it at a Samsung shop in Maya Mall, CM (5,000 baht). Great phone, not expensive, does everything I need, excellent camera....blah, blah, blah.

They transferred the data and sim cards (T.Mobile in U.S., and Tru here in Thailand) without a hitch.

Tru has a main branch in Central Festival (Pattaya) and Maya Mall (CM). They have always taken good care of me whenever needed.

I have heard AIS has better coverage, but who knows.

The only issues I've had with Tru is (was) the ridiculous amount on SMS solicitations they send me in Thai. I finally went into the store and asked that they drop all SMS notifications, which they did. I would recommend that when you have the sim loaded onto your phone that you ask whatever company it is to cancel the unwanted SMS messages. It will save you a LOT of grief.

The carriers have a special number you can enter and "call" that will stop spam SMS's. For True...

How to Stop Spam SMS messages from True (TrueMove H)

Eventually, I got around to looking it up and found that it’s very easy to unsubscribe from the SMS spam sent by True themselves:

Call *137 from the phone you want to unsubscribe (I had to put the SIM from my tablet into a phone to make the call).

Press 9 for English.

Follow the automated instructions (as of 2014, you press 1 to unsubscribe from SMS spam although this may have been changed to pressing 2 in April, 2020.).

• Great Info 1

I got a sim from DAT which gives unlimited calls(within Thailand) & unlimited data for one month.

Cost 200b in Korat the missus says more expensive in Bangkok.

You do get some texts from them(inc your data is about to expire-bullshit) but easy to delete so not a problem.

https://www.ais.th/one-2-call/en/?intcid=getpage-en-header_menu-consumer_menu-prepaid_submenu1

The promotions are changing frequently.

At the moment you can get for example:

Unbenannt.jpg

There a so many options available, depending on:

-speed

-5G or non 5G

-call or data or call and data

-duration

-limited data amount or unlimited.

-prepaid or postpaid.

So confusing. 🤪

Edited by CampariO

14 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

Anyone know what is the best Sim card and where to get it on my next trip to Thailand?

If it's just a one off for your holiday, you can pick a Sim up at the airport and they will set it all up for you. Just make sure your phone isn't locked to a specific network. 

I have been on AIS for many a year now and it works great.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I got a sim from DAT which gives unlimited calls(within Thailand) & unlimited data for one month.

Cost 200b in Korat the missus says more expensive in Bangkok.

You do get some texts from them(inc your data is about to expire-bullshit) but easy to delete so not a problem.

DTAC not DAT

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, boydeste said:

If it's just a one off for your holiday, you can pick a Sim up at the airport and they will set it all up for you. Just make sure your phone isn't locked to a specific network. 

I have been on AIS for many a year now and it works great.

Thanks for all the info, It's a one off Sim for a month, normally I go through the airport at about 100 miles an hour can't wait to get to the hotel and also won't have much Baht with me, is there any place that will set it up for me in Pattaya?

4 minutes ago, Siam Addict said:

Thanks for all the info, It's a one off Sim for a month, normally I go through the airport at about 100 miles an hour can't wait to get to the hotel and also won't have much Baht with me, is there any place that will set it up for me in Pattaya?

Central Festival 

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Siam Addict said:

There is an AIS shop in Central as stated above.

You may need to take your passport in with you to obtain one!

• Thumbs Up 2