Leather services in Pattaya/BKK

maipenrai

I'm wondering if the former leather repair and retail outfits have come back to life in Pattaya - I've got an old leather coat that needs to be cleaned and re-lined and I'd like to have it done in Thailand; I may also look for a pair of motorcycle road boots as well. I looked up the Leather House on Pattaya Klang Soi 16 on Facebook but their page hasn't been updated since August 2020, I wonder if they are back or still in business again. I recall the shop near the junction of Pattaya Tai and 2nd Rd as well - does anybody have any other ideas or suggestions?

• 2 months later...
56 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

I'm going to give this a bump - it's been a while and the jokes have been told, but surely one of you roving photographers or other men-about-town can provide some kind of idea or answer? 

I'll have look for ya, but from memory there's a  place on Tai near 2nd road that's open (a single shop house place, mainly does repairs??), and I think the big place on 2nd rod by soi 14/15 is open.

Pics later...

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Painter said:

I'll have look for ya, but from memory there's a  place on Tai near 2nd road that's open (a single shop house place, mainly does repairs??), and I think the big place on 2nd rod by soi 14/15 is open.

Pics later...

Thanks from me too BTW...

I'm thinking a nice light 3/4 length leather jacket might be a good idea for May/June next year in UK...

1 hour ago, Painter said:

Pics later...

Thank you, these sound like the places I was talking about; I'll be there next week and will bring the jacket anyway, I'm sure I'll find somewhere that will take care of it for me, even if I have to look around BKK. 

29 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Thank you, these sound like the places I was talking about; I'll be there next week and will bring the jacket anyway, I'm sure I'll find somewhere that will take care of it for me, even if I have to look around BKK. 

Interim results....

Corner of soi 14 and 2nd there is a small place with 2 ladies and sewing machines. They looked blankly at me... but pointed to another place (see later).

This place on 2nd road between soi 14 and 15 I thought was open,  but at 11am was like this

20221129_104547.jpg

The leather shop ight be the one next to it, but it was also shuttered up. I'll try and remember to check next time I visit ws.

Opposite the school on Tai, between the mango and weed places, is this place

20221129_104721.jpg20221129_104742.jpg

One chap. Lots of formers and moulds cluttering up his space. He said he repaired and made stuff

I've got to go to big c later so will try and find the other place you mentioned

Edited by Painter
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Thanks from me too BTW...

I'm thinking a nice light 3/4 length leather jacket might be a good idea for May/June next year in UK...

That should keep you in good condition during your stay, no need for any fancy insurance.

But.... for such a longterm investment you need to consider whether you will wear it when you get back (you will get back) what about going a bit more lightweight James Dean - timeless really.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Zambo said:

That should keep you in good condition during your stay, no need for any fancy insurance.

But.... for such a longterm investment you need to consider whether you will wear it when you get back (you will get back) what about going a bit more lightweight James Dean - timeless really.

When my Mum died I cleared out loads of stuff...including my original Harrington jacket from the 70s...What a damned fool I was ... It looked really bloody good too !!

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

When my Mum died I cleared out loads of stuff...including my original Harrington jacket from the 70s...What a damned fool I was ... It looked really bloody good too !!

Now that's more like it, but unlikely to be found in Thailand. What about a levi denim jacket - somewhat timeless and a nice pair of black chinos would suit you - i think (in fact even better with the Harrington which isn't going to happen)

4 hours ago, Painter said:

Update.  The big place between sois 14 and 15 on 2nd road is open, or was open when i walked past at 21.30 last night

The leather place on klang soi 16 is open and operating

20221130_120833.jpg

20221130_120851.jpg

20221130_120948.jpg

Great  to see, thanks for checking this out; this establishment had a good reputation before covid, if I remember correctly....

• Great Info 1