Dynasty Grande

coxyhog

On my recent visit to BKK I had a walk up Soi 6 to see what was happening at the DG.It's my favourite hotel in the big city.

It is open,although the coffee shop outside is closed and the front desk is now repositioned and much smaller.

They did tell me the price of a room & a suite but I can't remember what they were although not expensive.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Nickrock said:

Never tried the place will go check it out in a few days time is that behind Nana plaza

Walk up Soi Nana until you turn left onto Soi 6,then it's up there on the right.

Or walk up Soi 6 from Nana BTS.

Used to stay at the Dynasty Inn on Soi 4 in the very early days. Never checked out the Grande.

Soi 4 got a bit tiring for me over the years. But Dynasty Inn had a nice little place to sit out front. You could eyeball all of the talent going to/from. Nice little relax spot for prime up time. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

I've stayed at both the Dawin and Dynasty Grande - I believe they were, perhaps still are, owned by the same group - and I like the Dynasty Grande more; better rooms IMHO, quieter as on a side street, and a spacious parking lot with good drop off area, unlike the Dawin where you are dropped off/picked up at the curb. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Used to stay at the Dynasty Inn on Soi 4 in the very early days. Never checked out the Grande.

Soi 4 got a bit tiring for me over the years. But Dynasty Inn had a nice little place to sit out front. You could eyeball all of the talent going to/from. Nice little relax spot for prime up time. 

My last time in Thailand, August 2019, I stayed here my last couple of nights before flying back home. Loved the location, maybe 150 feet to the entrance of Nana Plaza, and after about 7 pm, would see all the FLers standing on the sidewalk out front of the lobby just waiting for a customer.

What I liked about it was that off to the left, there is an access lane that goes to the back where the elevator was to take you upstairs to your room, as I had requested a room in the back away from the street noise as much as possible. I took a couple of FLers to my room using that access, no need to go through the lobby and front desk.

Would have booked again for a couple nights in January, but at the time they weren't listed on Agoda, so reserved a hotel just across Sukumvit Rd and up a side soi, but still within a 3-4 minute walk from Nana and all the classic bars in the area.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Stayed in the Dynasty Inn for my first 4 nights ever in Thailand. Was a great spot. Like you grew tired off Soi 4 and would stop further down Sukhumit. in subsequent years.

Also liked the Dynasty Grande, but agree with Namps on the thin walls there.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Used to stay at the Dynasty Inn on Soi 4 in the very early days.

They found Wayne,my old Californian mate from Pattaya in his room there.I believe the Americans pronounce it 'Dienasty'....very true in his case.

13 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

They found Wayne,my old Californian mate from Pattaya in his room there.I believe the Americans pronounce it 'Dienasty'....very true in his case.

Sorry to hear that.

Actually may end up how things will end for many of us. I suppose I can think of worse ways.

I feel sorry for those hotel maids sometimes. Tough enough job as it is. But,  they are usually the ones who make the grizzly discoveries. Something that is not easily forgotten.

On 10/1/2022 at 11:30 AM, nampla69 said:

One time I stayed there walls were a bit thin and Khun Falang and Ms Boom Boom were at it like a noisy pack of Soi Dogs on heat. She was either having a great time or suffering from some unnatural sexual practice ......apart from that great location for sure !!

i was remembering same experience, and some rooms no windows, really a shit hole but then think it was the old dynasty, on the nana soi, and not the new one launched about 11 yrs ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Sorry to hear that.

Actually may end up how things will end for many of us. I suppose I can think of worse ways.

I feel sorry for those hotel maids sometimes. Tough enough job as it is. But,  they are usually the ones who make the grizzly discoveries. Something that is not easily forgotten.

He was found with his hands cuffed behind his back & a plastic bag tied around his neck.

https://www.pattayah3.com/PH3/InMemoriamObit.html?Hash Groupie (7)

Edited by coxyhog
  • Great Info 1

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

He was found with his hands cuffed behind his back & a plastic bag tied around his neck.

https://www.pattayah3.com/PH3/InMemoriamObit.html?Hash Groupie (7)

Well... I suppose a bit different than most. 

Well written, considerate obit. 

I have never heard about this case. Would be seriously interested to learn more about it, particularly since there may have been other similar such incidents during that time period.

There were similar incidents.

Wayne was either on his way to or coming back from a visa run to Penang.

That's all I know.I was told by phone by Colin Dresner,also now sadly not with us,on the way to work at BAe Woodford.I had to stop driving for a while as I was in tears.

BTW when I Googled him the first two links were to posts on here,pics that I put up from the old days.

Edited by coxyhog

13 hours ago, Aqualung said:

How long are you staying in BKK Mike? 

Im over there for 6 weeks beginning December 6th through till January 19th. Maybe we can meet up for dinner and a few drinks in Minburi or wherever is best. 

I will be in country during that time, start dusting that cue off. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1