How much do you pay for your pint locally

john luke

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

£5+ a pint , and if you have anything fancy like Peroni , then it's closer to £7 

No spoons where I live 

Similar to me in Montreal, everything has gone way up and many “watering holes” have disappeared, being replaced by hipster cocktail bars. Outside of happy hours, a good pint of IPA or similar is closer to ~£6, plus another quid or 3 if she flashes nice cleavage

C7A9857C-5819-489F-AD5A-AA4B29E45500.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

Being a sad git, I rarely go to pubs...

But at the sailing club bar it's about £3.80. If I go to a different club where I'm not a member, it's £2.70.... fortunately they give visitors who arrive by sea temporary membership, which my boaty partner and I are happy to abuse! I can only put the price difference down to my club being powsh....

21 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Don't ask!!! 

Sweden. 89 krone for a Guinness. And 65 krone for a bit more than a half pint of shite. 

Summertime by the river averages about £12 for a glass of wine. 

What's that in £ now mate?

Are you living and working in Stockholm now?

1 hour ago, roomark said:

What's that in £ now mate?

Are you living and working in Stockholm now?

Last time I looked it was 12 SEK to the pound. So at that rate, about 7.50 per pint of Guinness. Less value in buying other beers as you get just over half a pint for your money. 

Ive been in Halmstad, southwest coast of Sweden, for just over a couple of years Roo. I don't work as of yet but may consider it as I'm getting a bit bored. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Pingrones said:

Well... about £9-12 at a brown watering hole, £15-17 at an airport... but that would be Norway, so part of the reason why I moved 😁

Shit yeh, it is expensive in Oslo.

Generally speaking I would say drinking a large Porter in Kon Tiki was my favourite place just for a daytime drink when there was no footie on the telly but when there was Live footie on the then Bohema Bar was the place for me!

I easily paid 10 quid or more for a bottle of Peroni in a rooftop hotel bar near Bohema whilst waiting for it to open...Just a bunch of lads with footie scarves on having a laugh...But down in the park there was some protest going on against the rich and they were chanting and shouting up at us to "come on down" .....Unfortunately for them all they could see were our heads...

We accepted their invitation but for some reason they all fell silent when we poured ourselves out the hotel door. No problems though... as we all agreed with them !!

Dont really know. I almost never go out and buy a beer at a pub. Last time i went to football i paid about 9 euros for half a litre. Stadium prices are crazy high compared to elsewhere.

Lots of bars advertise 10 - 15 danish kroner (1.4 - 2 euros) for a standard 33cl ceres, faxe, tuborg or carlsberg bottle.

50-75 cents for a 33cl beer in supermarkets.

Due to the Ukraine war beer prices has gone up as there is a world shortage of various corns such as barley and wheat.

20 hours ago, Pingrones said:

Well... about £9-12 at a brown watering hole, £15-17 at an airport... but that would be Norway, so part of the reason why I moved 😁

Can remember once we couldnt fly back to uk from rig,so we flew to norway instead,1 night in nice hotel,a pint was around £12 that was over 10 years ago😁