Trying to setup things for after I am gone (US and Thailand)

ChiFlyer

On 2/3/2023 at 1:09 AM, ChiFlyer said:

Thanks.

You will get an invite. I am not sure what form or location any party might take place at. I have nothing to do, but work on paper work for now.

I have to:

• Make a trip to the US Embassy in Bangkok to get two pieces of paper notarized by the US Embassy. I have made an appointment for February 28th. Basically these forms say that I am single according to Thai law and that I am who I say I am. Thailand will only accept notarization by the US Embassy for these, despite the US Embassy saying that they do not verify that the information is correct. Geez, I wonder if my admin costs are being padded on both sides.
  • Review and approve the prenup.

Get with my future wife and our lawyer to review said documents and schedule a trip to the "Getting Married Office?".

She has to:

• Make a trip up to the Khon Kean area to get certain property agreements in the correct name.
  • Rejoin with me at the lawyer step.

Marriage likely around Songkran me thinks.

We will not be having a large celebration, as this is primarily an administration handling matter on both of our parts. Still a small party to celebrate the recognition of our mutual commitments seems appropriate to me.

After covering my new house upgrade costs, we might be serving day old ramen. 🙂 

I also have to:

• Buy her a ring, so that she knows that I am doing this for more than practical reasons.

that letter signed off by your embassy then has to go off to the ministry for them to approve itoo, after you have paid for a legal translation of it, and your passport.  ministry then sends it back and you are good to go

• Like 1