Into the drink....

coxyhog

40 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Any of you guys that go to Africa fly with Precision Air?

One less ATR in their fleet.

https://news.sky.com/story/passenger-plane-crashes-into-lake-victoria-as-it-was-coming-in-to-land-at-tanzania-airport-12739892

I can't remember flying with them specifically when I was Regional Manager covering Uganda and Tanzania but I do remember shocking safety standards on the tarmac flying with some prop planes in the Region....

Sounds like the rescue operation is still in progress. The quote below indicating the pilots are still on board and are communicating with rescuers from the mostly submerged plane would imply they've closed the doors to keep the plane from flooding. Scary situation for those still on the plane.

Passengers rescued after commercial aircraft crashes into Lake Victoria in Tanzania

“We’re trying to pull out the aircraft from the water. We’re trying to check if the wheels hit the ground under water or figure out some other way to push it out of the lake. At this time, there is still communication from the cockpit. The pilots are still in contact with us,” Chalamila said.

Speaking at the site earlier Sunday, Kagera provincial police commander William Mwampaghale said “everything is currently under control.”

“Rescue operations are underway, we have so far rescued several people and eventually we will make sure we have rescued everyone and removed the airplane out of the water,” he said. “Those who have been rescued have been taken to our referral hospital.”

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I can't remember flying with them specifically when I was Regional Manager covering Uganda and Tanzania but I do remember shocking safety standards on the tarmac flying with some prop planes in the Region....

Pretty certain I wouldn't fly with an African airline.

But when I was much younger I flew Ethiopian from the Gulf to Addis & then on to Nairobi.

I'd like to say that I'm older & wiser now but I think it's just the former.

3 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Pretty certain I wouldn't fly with an African airline.

But when I was much younger I flew Ethiopian from the Gulf to Addis & then on to Nairobi.

I'd like to say that I'm older & wiser now but I think it's just the former.

I flew Ethiopian a few times and to this day it had the best business class food I have ever tasted ..... Although it was difficult to put the tray table fully down with a "massive" hard-on...those girls are fucking beautiful!!

Funnily enough, when I mentioned prop planes I recalled our conversation once, regarding KLM UK.... Now that airline was fucking dangerous!!

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I flew Ethiopian a few times and to this day it had the best business class food I have ever tasted ..... Although it was difficult to put the tray table fully down with a "massive" hard-on...those girls are fucking beautiful!!

Funnily enough, when I mentioned prop planes I recalled our conversation once, regarding KLM UK.... Now that airline was fucking dangerous!!

I seem to remember the girls on Ethiopian being rather tasty,was 1985 when i was on them.Unfortunately on the return trip their flight was cancelled & we had to go on Gulf Air via Cairo,with a 5 hour stopover in Cairo where they kept playing reruns of the 1984 FA cup final when Everton beat Watford 2-0.

I was with my best mate who was a rabid Bluenose😂....

• Haha 1

Looks like those still in the plane when it submerged didn't make it. RIP

19 dead after commercial aircraft crashes into Lake Victoria in Tanzania

A Tanzanian commercial flight operated by Precision Air crash-landed in bad weather in Lake Victoria on Sunday, killing 19 people.

The country’s Prime Minister, Kassim Majaliwa, said officials believe all bodies have been recovered from the airplane.

“We’re starting to pull out the luggage and personal items from the aircraft. A team of doctors and security agencies have started the process of identifying the dead and notifying the families,” Majaliwa said.

The airline confirmed the death toll and amended the number of survivors down to 24 in an updated statement on Sunday evening. Earlier, the carrier as well as local officials had said that 26 of the 43 people on board had been rescued.

“Precision Air extends its deepest sympathies to the families and friends of the passenger and crew involved in this tragic incident. The company will strive to provide them with information and whatever assistance they will require in their difficult time,” the airline said.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Looks like those still in the plane when it submerged didn't make it. RIP

How very, very sad.

It always got me bloody angry even on International flights when locals and FAs insisted that it was "free seating" when flights are boarded. I have kicked people out of my seat so many times on boarding insisting that I sat according to my Boarding Pass seat allocation and still the fuckers wouldn't move.

Imagine passengers still strapped in, sitting in the wrong seat, similar in looks,size and stature being mourned and buried by the wrong family...

RIP the 19 ..

• Like 1