Some random photos from Korat this morning

Yesitisdakid

3 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Come to think of it, these 3 from Simon complex were all from Korat too…..maybe that’s why they got along so well. I love Thai community spirit! 

When they say ''they come from Korat'' most actually mean they come from the surrounding villages circa 100kms away lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

When they say ''they come from Korat'' most actually mean they come from the surrounding villages circa 100kms away lol

Yes, I think they mean they come from Korat Province, not necessarily Korat City.

• Great Info 1

19 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes I have found this to be very true I have contacted many girls Thai friendly and Thai flirting that say they are in Korat. I guess they are but like you say nowhere near the city. Out in the villages. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I know what you mean but the province is Nakhon Ratchasima, there is no such thing as Korat province, only Korat city. 

I think you are wrong on this. Korat is used instead of Nakhon Ratchasima both in relation to the city AND the province.

Go forth and Google if you think that isn't so! 😃

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bazle said:

I think you are wrong on this. Korat is used instead of Nakhon Ratchasima both in relation to the city AND the province.

Sorry to say, but this does sound logical. If a 20 letter name is reduced to a short nickname, why not for both city & province? 

Anyway, let’s just appreciate Larry’s photography and admit whatever the name means……..90% of BM have shared a bed with a lady from there

And the other 10% are liars 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

Ain't so Baz. I have a big house there and when you go anywhere for local government stuff its Nakhon Ractchasima immigration, Tax, Revenue etc. Plus the clincher... I know you're not a football fan but big local team are Nakhon Ratchasima Tigers. Big rival to Buriram and decent team. Korat is the city and the girls always say Korat when asked.

Basically the name of the local city as said most live way outside massive province.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Ain't so Baz. I have a big house there and when you go anywhere for local government stuff its Nakhon Ractchasima immigration, Tax, Revenue etc. Plus the clincher... I know you're not a football fan but big local team are Nakhon Ratchasima Tigers. Big rival to Buriram and decent team. Korat is the city and the girls always say Korat when asked.

Basically the name of the local city as said most live way outside massive province. 

The city is commonly known as Korat, a shortened form of its name. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakhon_Ratchasima

Nakhon Ratchasima (Thai: นครราชสีมา, pronounced [ná(ʔ).kʰɔ̄ːn râːt.t͡ɕʰā.sǐː.māː], often called Khorat (Thai: โคราช, pronounced [kʰōː.râːt])) (alternate spelling Korat) is one of Thailand's seventy-six provinces

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakhon_Ratchasima_province

• Great Info 2

Something that I hadn't thought about before, but all provinces are named by their original main city.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provinces_of_Thailand#Governance

"The provinces are named by their original main city, which is not necessarily still the most populous city within the province today. Also, in several provinces the administration has been moved into a new building outside the city."

700px-Thailand_provinces_en.svg.png

• Great Info 2

23 hours ago, Bazle said:

Well in all my 15 years of living in a Korat City suburb i have never heard anyone refer to Nakhon Ratchasima province as Korat province but hey TIT where confusion reigns supreme lol

I stand corrected 👍

Edited by Pumpuynarak

On 11/10/2022 at 3:27 AM, forcebwithu said:

Something that I hadn't thought about before, but all provinces are named by their original main city.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provinces_of_Thailand#Governance

"The provinces are named by their original main city, which is not necessarily still the most populous city within the province today. Also, in several provinces the administration has been moved into a new building outside the city."

700px-Thailand_provinces_en.svg.png

“Not necessarily” part is actually true I thought…..isn’t Hat Yai the only biggest city that breaks the rule? 74/75 is 100% for me

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well in all my 15 years of living in a Korat City suburb i have never heard anyone refer to Nakhon Ratchasima province as Korat province but hey TIT where confusion reigns supreme lol

I stand corrected 👍

When I lived on Koh Lanta back in '06, one of my Thai lovelies (for more than a ST/LT) was from Korat. She referred to it in conversation as "my country."

She was a bit of a scoundrel, but we had fun. Here she is on the beach at Koh Phi Phi. 

mini-IMG_6010.jpg

Edited by lazarus
@@
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2