Ringing the bell in a bar

john luke

Few times years ago,mods bar, obar soi 6,, only me and another guy 5 or 6 girls,once in a bar soi 8 ,it was the other guys fault he rang it first so it was kinda like buying rounds as we each rang it in turn only 3 or 4 of us and few  girls,was a good night,not rang it in a gogobar,not that i can recall.

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

Yeah, but only in bars that are quiet as far as I can remember.

I did that too with disastrous results...

I picked up a beer bar lady and she said she would like to have a drink at a Soi 6 bar where her friend worked. It was late at night and the bar was devoid of customers, only 2 workers, so I rang the bell.....

Immediately, a dozen bar girls from the bars next door ran in and enjoyed a drink on me...

• Haha 5

I've rung the bell once or twice in my day but never when a bar was busy, although as a previous poster has stated, the staff tend to come out of the woodwork when they hear that sound! Ironically, on my biggest bar night ever, to the tune of @30Kb, I never even touched the bell...

Never have, but when I finally make it back I’m not pinching Pennie’s and will probably do it in a smaller venue. Whenever this topic comes up, can’t help but think of my first trip late 2008 in Secrets. One afternoon I was the beneficiary of 2 rounds, as were another 80-100 customers/staff. I believe the guy was an Aussie who received a settlement & just went nuts with his cash and ended up broke…..had a lot of fun though while it lasted

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Never have, but when I finally make it back I’m not pinching Pennie’s and will probably do it in a smaller venue. Whenever this topic comes up, can’t help but think of my first trip late 2008 in Secrets. One afternoon I was the beneficiary of 2 rounds, as were another 80-100 customers/staff. I believe the guy was an Aussie who received a settlement & just went nuts with his cash and ended up broke…..had a lot of fun though while it lasted

Yes, some of us remember this fellow quite well...

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Yes, some of us remember this fellow quite well...

I’m taking it he bought YOU more than 2 rounds? 😂

BTW my friend, I guess it was because I was working crazy hours in 2015 & didn’t have a data plan to connect online 24/7 like today…..had no idea they found that Japanese tourist in Yellowknife so long ago. I heard nothing about it until a YT channel put out a video this week, assumed she was still missing…..oh well RIP, she seemed to have issues poor thing

Actually, I don't remember him buying me any drinks but I and a friend were in Secrets late one afternoon when he came in and started throwing bank notes around and having the staff diving all over chasing them around - we left in disgust, didn't like to see stuff like that. 

As for the Japanese tourist, that only brings back vague memories for me - I live a long way from Yellowknife and after spending a little time there occasionally over the years, I am in no hurry to  go back - no real comparison between Whitehorse and Yellowknife, you couldn't pay me to live in YK. 

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

Actually, I don't remember him buying me any drinks but I and a friend were in Secrets late one afternoon when he came in and started throwing bank notes around and having the staff diving all over chasing them around - we left in disgust, didn't like to see stuff like that. 

As for the Japanese tourist, that only brings back vague memories for me - I live a long way from Yellowknife and after spending a little time there occasionally over the years, I am in no hurry to  go back - no real comparison between Whitehorse and Yellowknife, you couldn't pay me to live in YK. 

So how much are you being paid to live in Whitehorse? 🤣

• Haha 1

Can't remember ever ringing the bell, but have bought all serving staff drinks on quite a few occasions.

Also won a couple of competitions - a killer pool game in Hua Hin and the football sheet they have at the Jomtien Hemingways (pure luck, pick a box on a grid, when full up they draw home and away scores out of a hat for each box). Donated both wins to drinks for the staff. I got a bit of change in Hua Hin but had to add more in Hemingways . . 😂

• Thumbs Up 1