Ringing the bell in a bar

john luke

5 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

As is so often the way, one shoots themselves in the foot simply through trying to be kind.....

Yes, that's spot on.

I told the bar manager to buy drinks for the staff with my winnings, assuming it would be more than enough. Next morning went down for coffee and it was obvious two of the staff had the hump. I didn't know why, until I asked another staff member, who told me they were leaving off at the time and didn't get a drink.

All smiles again after I said put drinks for them on my coffee tab for them.

Must be the only time I've bought lady drinks at 9 am . . 😂

• Thumbs Up 3

On 11/12/2022 at 5:15 PM, john luke said:

0B0A2616.jpg

Do you or have you ever rung the bell in a Pattaya bar?

never.  it was explained to me when I got here that it was for muppets  ( his words).  Happy to stand my round and buy lady drinks but treat a whole bar.. naaah

• Great Info 1

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I am shocked there was enough drink in the place to cover that bin, must have had staff do a few trips out for more, surely.

You will probably find that quite a bit of that was spent on food too! 

Also lady drinks are often lolly water, plenty more in the tap!

Edited by boydeste
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, biggles said:

His biggest bin was +460,000 baht but there were other nights when they were very high. 

If I remember right, this guy also was seen walking down walking street throwing big wads of money all over the place....

This guy was a Secrets legend....

Edited by fforest

2 hours ago, fforest said:

If I remember right, this guy also was seen walking down walking street throwing big wads of money all over the place....

This guy was a Secrets legend....

The math still seems a bit off. But perhaps some mental illness that treatment could have helped.

This reminds me of a popular bar owner on Sukhumvit Soi4, Bangkok. A regular, and friend of his, laughed that he often got so drunk he fell off his stool and had to be dragged/carried home. I advised laughing guy that we all get drunk, but we don't fall off stools and most likely the bar owner needed medical attention. The bar owner is dead now.

To what extent should we ignore or applaud (even profit from) seemingly crazy behaviour.