Non-immigrant ED visa

Just a quick question regarding "non-immigrant ED visa". I am currently on a non-immigrant B visa with a work permit in Thailand, recently just renewed for another year.

The problem with the current visa is the "work" part of it, I do not really fancy working, it take up too much time 😁

So does anyone have any experience with non-immigrant Ed visa?
My understanding is that it can be extended for 3 months from the initial 90-days, up to a total of 6 months. Those wishing to enroll in an additional 200 lesson course can extend up to 12 months in total - so basically 15 months in total?

All I need to do is cancel current visa, get my ass out of Thailand, apply for a non-immigrant ED visa through a school in Thailand, and after paying the fees, it is smooth sailing?

4 hours ago, Pingrones said:

Just a quick question regarding "non-immigrant ED visa". I am currently on a non-immigrant B visa with a work permit in Thailand, recently just renewed for another year.

The problem with the current visa is the "work" part of it, I do not really fancy working, it take up too much time 😁

So does anyone have any experience with non-immigrant Ed visa?
My understanding is that it can be extended for 3 months from the initial 90-days, up to a total of 6 months. Those wishing to enroll in an additional 200 lesson course can extend up to 12 months in total - so basically 15 months in total?

All I need to do is cancel current visa, get my ass out of Thailand, apply for a non-immigrant ED visa through a school in Thailand, and after paying the fees, it is smooth sailing?

Does that work permit require you to work or does it just permit you to work?