What Websites Do You Use Nowadays For Flights?

roomark

Hi lads

I was wondering what websites / agents the U.K based lads use nowadays.

Last time I booked direct with Qatar, but with crazy prices I'm stuck to 30/31 March from MAN 

Tried Travel Trolley , but still on £900/1k pp 

Cheers Fellas

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, roomark said:

Hi lads

I was wondering what websites / agents the U.K based lads use nowadays.

Last time I booked direct with Qatar, but with crazy prices I'm stuck to 30/31 March from MAN 

Tried Travel Trolley , but still on £900/1k pp 

Cheers Fellas

I use Skyscanner until I identify a flight and then go to the airline website, either through Skyscanner or directly; I would be reluctant to use most of the on line websites linked to Sky-scanner.  In the past I have used Expedia.co.uk and found no problems.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I find Skyscanner are good , have used them a lot. When you see a price for a flight there is then a choice of booking agents. 

Usually book with Travel Trolley.

Worth noting that before each time logging on to any site that you have used before, to go to your search history and cleat your cache  

Sometimes it's worth moving dates around by a few days . Dunno how that works but it appears that weekend flights are sometimes more expensive

When I looked at flights for mid January 2023 in October, it was showing EVA direct at £675 (economy)

I should have booked then. 

But 3 weeks ago the same flight had shot up to £836.

In the end I shelled out £800 for a Thai Airways flight mid January to mid Feb. 

That was £200 more than I paid for my September flight this year

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

When curious I often just plug in 2 airport codes to Google, and where it says Images, Videos, etc……click Flights. It usually defaults to a 4 day trip later the same week, so then you click on the calendar, go a few months ahead and look for cheap prices in Green.

That being said, when I’ve used Kayak, etc….usually find cheaper rates, Google is not be all-end all. Airfares definitely way up, no argument there

Edit: Don’t have a shock when using Kayak the first few seconds. Was seeing $3,100+, then it dropped to this, much more reasonable but still a milk run one-way

3C45A252-838D-4CBC-883E-6D8A5CDAC09F.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

But why did you post it in the first place? 

I thought you only travelled by Gulfstream…..

Must have been the other guy I was thinking of 

No mate not me..

Will travel by most airlines 

Posted because I know there's a wealth of knowledge usually on here never had a problem with answers and usually learn something useful.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 1:59 PM, john luke said:

I use Skyscanner until I identify a flight and then go to the airline website, either through Skyscanner or directly; I would be reluctant to use most of the on line websites linked to Sky-scanner.  In the past I have used Expedia.co.uk and found no problems.  

Same here,sky scanner then mostly always book direct with airline,got caught out once before when i had to pay a certain travel agent almost the cost of the fllght to change it thanks to a volcanic ash cloud that kept me stuck on a rig for extra 4 days.

Have tried google flights but preffered skyscanner.

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 3

1 hour ago, Phantom51red said:

Same here,sky scanner then mostly always book direct with airline,got caught out once before when i had to pay a certain travel agent almost the cost of the fllght to change it thanks to a volcanic ash cloud that kept me stuck on a rig for extra 4 days.

That ash cloud(if the Icelandic one)got us a weeks full board in the Radisson Bangkok courtesy of Oman Air,very nice.

• Thumbs Up 3

16 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Yes that very one,glad there was a positive outcome for someone on here 😄

There were lots of people sleeping rough at Swampy as most of the national carriers said it was an act of God.Also there were yellow & red shirts getting it on in Bangkok.

But the Arab airlines put people into hotels.

• Thumbs Up 2

I go directly to Eva and Thai air for prices, if the price isn't to my liking,  I will look at options on Skyscanner, but still book directly with the airline.  Whilst you may get a few quid off, if something goes wrong, then booking via an agent can cause you many problems with changes or compensation. My last trip via Qatar was a case in point.  The 2 of us that booked direct got full compensation,  the one via an agent got nothing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Although I am booked for January 2023, I just looked on Skyscanner for July 2023 flights with EVA coming up at around the £650 mark.

I am tempted to book now at that price because you can bet the prices will jump up to the £800 mark by Feb or March 2023. 

If EVA flights are around the 600 mark, I don't bother looking anywhere else.

Get it booked.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, bob lt said:

Don't forget the EVA black friday sale next weekend 

That will largely depend on what the parameters are in terms of flight dates. But well worth taking a look at what they are offering and for how long for. 

Airlines are still trying to.recoup their loses during Covid plus increased fuel costs. 

BA are claiming to.renew flights to BKK in Spring which could result in more completion. But who knows?

I used to fly Emirates, via Dubai, but their flights are dearer than EVA and Thai direct. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I flew Emirates this time.  One of my considerations as I am out here until next spring was that between now and then it is likely that schedules and flight times will change.  Emirates run a number of flights between BKK and Manchester so less chance of being rescheduled onto a flight with bad connection times.

You can contact Emirates, KLM and no doubt other airlines by Facebook messenger which is free and a better option than paying high phone call charges and being on hold on the telephone for hours.

I am sure that a number of people are flying now on vouchers given out during Covid.  Prices may fall once all those vouchers are used up and effectively all passengers are paying ‘new’ money to the airlines for their flights.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Just tried Skyscanner and was surprised to see lower cost flights show up that didn't show on the Google search. Looks like I'll be switching search sites.

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Used Cathay Pacific direct to get here a month ago.....it had been about 4 years since getting to Thailand. They had the best price.....but.....here is a question for you all. I noticed an "unbelievable" fair when looking right? 

Since when did airlines ( maybe just Cathay) start offering fares based on if you have 1 piece of checked in luggage, this is the price, if you have 2 pieces of checked in luggage this is the price? ☹️

• Thumbs Up 2