2022 Football World Cup

coxyhog

14 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep, me too.

I worked in Argentina for 6 months and met some wonderful people there.

I’m hearing their beef is 2nd to none….never thought I’d travel close to Antarctica, but if I’m in Colombia already , might as well soldier on for a few porterhouses 

34 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I’m hearing their beef is 2nd to none….never thought I’d travel close to Antarctica, but if I’m in Colombia already , might as well soldier on for a few porterhouses 

Oddly enough my favourite local dish was fish!

I lived, ate and drank in the Panama Street area of Buenos Aires and at the bottom of the hill was a restaurant that cooked a fish stew in massive pots. Large fish fillets slow cooked in a garlic cheese white sauce served with mashed spuds and peas. Absolutely superb!

I stumbled across a very small bar in my first week and it became my local. As soon as they heard me speak English they put the rugby on the telly! It was the first time I had witnessed Patagonians speaking Welsh! So many good things to say about the people I met..

Unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't drink their Malbec... and believe me when I say I tried quite a few!!

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

6 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Just want to see Lionel Messi get his first World Cup....always liked this guy and he seems to be a fairly decent human being and gives away alot of his money to Argentina charities....

That must be the guilt for almost getting banged up for tax avoidance.😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't drink their Malbec... and believe me when I say I tried quite a few!!

There are some very good wines from both Argentina & Chile,I used to buy Chilean Perez Cruz by the case from Virgin Wines & it was wonderful.However the prices have risen & I'm no longer working so nowadays I wait for the 25% off 6 or more bottles & stock up.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Best steak I've ever had was Argentinian meat , in a Uruguayan steakhouse, in Amsterdam on my way back home from Brazil .... 555 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

I remember we Brits stopped eating Argentinian corned beef during the Falkland war, think it was banned for a few years after. Caused a bit of a shortage as we all loved corned beef.

• Like 4