2022 Football World Cup

coxyhog

13 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Someone explain to me why you add 8 minutes penalty time to a match already 6-0, now 7-0? If it is indeed a judgment call, what is the use other than to humiliate Costa Rica 🇨🇷

It's not penalty time it's extra time which is to make up for time lost for injuries,goals scored and other delays.

It's the rules.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

Someone explain to me why you add 8 minutes penalty time to a match already 6-0, now 7-0? If it is indeed a judgment call, what is the use other than to humiliate Costa Rica 🇨🇷

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

It's not penalty time it's extra time which is to make up for time lost for injuries,goals scored and other delays.

It's the rules.

I reckon that for some teams, qualifying for the knockout stages may depend on Goal Difference or Goals scored so it is important that in every game every minute of injury time is played out ...

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Most exciting World Cup I can remember for many years.

Qatar lose all their matches which should go some way to placating all the hypocrites.

I am unsure if hypocrites is the correct word, mate....Critics maybe.

I have criticized them for the corrupt bidding process. If I were a hypocrite it would mean that I too am corrupt.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Scoreless first half, I shower and run upstairs to cook lunch…..and miss FIVE goals! Anyway it was recording, stop saw it 

Well done Portugal, but Ghana put up a good fight

Portugal goalkeeper very nearly embarrassed, if the Ghanian striker hadn't of slipped it could have been a draw.

• Like 1