2022 Football World Cup

coxyhog

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

And that right there is why I have close to zero interest in football. The players that pull that shit, and the officials that allow it, slow down and distract from what would otherwise be a fast paced, engrossing sport.

Agreed, but what can you do? The one that got me yesterday was Japan’s(I think) goalie rolling over like a sleeping baby clutching the ball 3-4 times after a save….just to kill a few additional seconds with the lead. I don’t watch much football, and yes NBA, NHL, NFL every team tries to run out the clock….just found that particular method is in poor taste. But I assume it’s allowed because it was repetitive. Just weird…..

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

And that right there is why I have close to zero interest in football. The players that pull that shit, and the officials that allow it, slow down and distract from what would otherwise be a fast paced, engrossing sport.

29 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Agreed, but what can you do? The one that got me yesterday was Japan’s(I think) goalie rolling over like a sleeping baby clutching the ball 3-4 times after a save….just to kill a few additional seconds with the lead. I don’t watch much football, and yes NBA, NHL, NFL every team tries to run out the clock….just found that particular method is in poor taste. But I assume it’s allowed because it was repetitive. Just weird…..

I once read that somebody suggested 30 minutes each half rather than 45 minutes.... but it is 30 minutes timed when the ball is in play.

SAF would have a fucking heart attack having "Fergie time" removed from the game!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

@Derek Dangleberries Elaborate please, me not understand….SAF

Sir Alex Ferguson.

A truly fantastic manager (I say that as a Leeds Supporter!) that transformed the game but is often maligned for his and his teams' influence on refereeing decisions, especially added time. This is colloquially known as "Fergie time".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Sir Alex Ferguson.

A truly fantastic manager (I say that as a Leeds Supporter!) that transformed the game but is often maligned for his and his teams' influence on refereeing decisions, especially added time. This is colloquially known as "Fergie time".

I’ve heard of Sir Alex……purchased a nice copy Rooney jersey in Chiang Mai back in 2009. For 600 THB the quality was impressive 

54 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I’ve heard of Sir Alex……purchased a nice copy Rooney jersey in Chiang Mai back in 2009. For 600 THB the quality was impressive 

..... So, back to the WC .....

I hope that you are now ABP from now on remembering that conniving cnut Ronaldo purposely winding up Rooney to get him sent off.. Oh My Buddha that smirk and wink just fucking sets me off......It has been a couple of weeks since I kicked The Cat !!

Meow Meow ....

EDIT = For @Golfingboy ABP =Anyone But Portugal ...!!!!!!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

England going well at HT

Yes. Unfortunately after showing 2-3 matches a day all week, FOX didn’t want to alienate its USA fan base & Washington-NYG is being shown. It’s Sunday, it’s normal, but I wanted to see this 

Anyway, France-England in the quarterfinals? It’s like the 16th century all over again…..that will be a great match! 

Edited by Golfingboy