Locked Out.

Siam Addict

Ever since the recent upgrade I have not been able to log into Thailand-247 from my home computer, I can access the site as a guest but not able to contribute. It told me my password was wrong, I did try and email the Mods but no reply.

Two days ago I logged onto my laptop to check it is still working and I could access all the sites I would need while in Thailand. I was able to log straight into this site, but still not from my home computer?

So good news I'm now back in Thailand.

A couple of early points from this trip are that I landed at Swampy Saturday at 4pm and the gate was opposite immigration, and nobody queing so it was straight through to baggage. Due to the speed getting there I did have a 15-20 minute wait here. Then straight out and into the waiting Cab.

Two and half hours from touchdown I was at the hotel, the traffic in Pattaya was heavy, otherwise I could have knocked 10-15 minutes of that time.

Early impressions are the the streets are busy, there are a few bars either closed or have no staff. But of the bars open and with a decent number of staff most of them were busy.

I have noticed that there are quite a few empty shops including 7/11's and Family marts.

One plus point was I Rover was busy this morning with quite a few people watching American football and basketball, the full breakfast is still as good as it always has been!

• Like 1
  • Great Info 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

A couple of early points from this trip are that I landed at Swampy Saturday at 4pm and the gate was opposite immigration, and nobody queing so it was straight through to baggage. Due to the speed getting there I did have a 15-20 minute wait here. Then straight out and into the waiting Cab.

Same with me yesterday, maybe the same gate - I was astounded to see Immigration right there in front of me because on all of my previous arrivals, I have had to walk a country mile to get there. Unfortunately, I had to find somewhere to piss and ended up walking quite a ways down the hall before finding somewhere to do so and ended up going through Immigration further down from the main area but it didn't take too long to get through anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

23 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

Ever since the recent upgrade I have not been able to log into Thailand-247 from my home computer, I can access the site as a guest but not able to contribute. It told me my password was wrong, I did try and email the Mods but no reply.

Two days ago I logged onto my laptop to check it is still working and I could access all the sites I would need while in Thailand. I was able to log straight into this site, but still not from my home computer?

So good news I'm now back in Thailand.

Two and half hours from touchdown I was at the hotel, the traffic in Pattaya was heavy, otherwise I could have knocked 10-15 minutes of that time.

Early impressions are the the streets are busy, there are a few bars either closed or have no staff. But of the bars open and with a decent number of staff most of them were busy.

I have noticed that there are quite a few empty shops including 7/11's and Family marts.

One plus point was I Rover was busy this morning with quite a few people watching American football and basketball, the full breakfast is still as good as it always has been!

Could I please check when you were able to access the site but not log on.  If I am correct this would have been at the time that the new upgrade/server transfer had been started but was still in the process of being updated.  During this period I was able to log on as far as being able to view new content but could not log on with either my personal log on details or the forum moderator log on details nor view details of any posts.

If it was during this period when you tried to log in, I think you will find that once you get back to your home computer, it will accept your log in and allow you to log on.

You mention trying to e-mail the mods - what e-mail address did you use?

Thanks.

It started after the update, there was about two days when it was down but then when it came back I re-entered my details and it stated incorrect password, it was at this point I had the option to contact a Mod so I didn't enter an email address. I don't recall exactly the process I used but it was something along Forgotten Password route.

When I return to the UK after Christmas I will recheck and if I still have issues I will use my laptop to contact a Mod, who is the best contact to use?

I had a "blip" the other day with signing in. But, I just wrote it off that it was under update or something. Next day everything was back to normal. I clear my cache frequently so that may have helped. Heck, I don't know....  damn tech shit in general is a constant head scratcher. 

Have to go into two banks tomorrow just to do a change of address and that will be after standing in line at immigration. I'm figuring they will all be busy as well since it will be the day after a holiday. But I know if I don't make it a priority I will end up forgetting about it. Then one day when I am having to make an important transfer or something the fucking bots will kick up and cause me major headaches.