Restaurant Recomendations in the Hua Yai area?

ChiFlyer

We are moving.

After 6 years in the Jomtien Beach area (VT2A) the TGF and myself have contracted to buy a pool/villa in the area near the border between Hua Yai and Na Jomtien. Technically according to the contract we are in Hua Yai. The house is located about 10 kms East shortly after Rt 3 and Rt 7 intersect. I do mean the Southern intersection. Perhaps our location could best be described as Dark Side Very Far South.

I have been looking on the web for better restaurants in the area. So far I have found two.

Dusit Terrace very near our house

https://dusit-terrace.business.site/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral

1980 Bistro and Bar
https://www.google.com/search?tbs=lrf:!1m4!1u3!2m2!3m1!1e1!1m4!1u2!2m2!2m1!1e1!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:9&tbm=lcl&q=1980 bistro and bar&rflfq=1&num=10&rldimm=14421195576754120488&rlst=f#rlfi=hd:;si:14421195576754120488;mv:[[13.8353281,100.95597459999999],[12.727630900000001,100.4145405]];tbs:lrf:!1m4!1u3!2m2!3m1!1e1!1m4!1u2!2m2!2m1!1e1!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:9

Any additional suggestions would be appreciated. 

I ran this question over at PA and got several pretty good suggestions. These included:

• Silverlake Wine &Grill
  • Castello Di Bellagio
  • Antonio & Bo

That is a lot of Italian.

Any ideas for French or American Comfort?

Edited by ChiFlyer

• ChiFlyer changed the title to Restaurant Recomendations in the Hua Yai area?
On 12/7/2022 at 11:50 PM, ChiFlyer said:

That is a lot of Italian.

Any ideas for French or American Comfort?

Haven't seen any McD or KFC in Huay Yai.

😄

There was a Mexican a stone throw north of Drifters, not sure if it is still in business, as I can't find it on google maps.

Edited by CampariO
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not a recommendation yet as I have been there only twice: once maybe more than 5 years ago, the second time tonight after a friend recommended it.

The place changed a lot, now has a large pool and some other attractions. Food was nice, though the Gai Pad Med Mamuang had only crispy chicken skin and no meat. Taste of all 3 dishes was nice. The menu offers besides the Thai food pasta, pizza and steaks.

Coke 30 Bt, large Leo 90, the 3 dishes with 2 rice was 520 Baht. Rooms start at 1500 Baht, in case you need a place for the inlaws with their kids.

The Cowboy Farm Resort (not the Cowboy Steakhouse mentioned earlier, I believe).

IMG20230107164723.jpg

IMG20230107164727.jpg

IMG20230107164748.jpg

IMG20230107165558.jpg

IMG20230107170012.jpg

IMG20230107170333.jpg

IMG20230107170733.jpg

Cowboy.jpg

Edited by CampariO
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 4 months later...

This is going to be kind of a mixed bag review of Bacco Beach in Na Jomtien.

https://www.facebook.com/baccobeach/

Bacco is directly across the street from the Na Jomtien Glass House. Bacco has it's own parking. This was a first trip to Bacco, so I did not know that. We parked near the end of the Glass House parking and it was over a 1/2 km hike to the restaurant. I will know better next time.

I would call Bacco moderately priced. Our bill for two was just over 3000 with half of that being a bottle of wine. For that price the wine was not bad at all.  

Lots of things about this place that I like and a couple that I am luke warm on.

Lets start with the good things:

• Congenial atmosphere
  • Nice enough beach view
  • Very good service by the staff. I had read in some earlier Trip Advisor reviews that this was a problem area. They have installed alert buttons on the tables. This is a large place, so one could go unnoticed at times. We never had to use the alert button.
  • The starter bread basket was very good. Decent EVOO on the side.
  • Extensive menu with many options
  • Good wine list

A few minor complaints

• To my knowledge there is no indoor dining with air conditioning. Not a problem on this particular night as there was a very pleasant sea breeze.
  • The food was ok, but not memorable. I will list the whys with the food pics.

Pics of the overall atmosphere

Bacco Beach - A.jpg

Bacco Beach - B.jpg

Appetizer - oysters (These were ok. I am used to having crispy onions served as a topping. They were not included. A bigger problem is that they brought the oysters and the main plates at the same time. Partly my fault I should have instructed them better about the desired arrival times.)

Bacco Beach - C.jpg

Main courses

I ordered Penne Nduja (This is a favorite dish of mine at Gian's in Jomtien. The Bocca version (sorry) does not measure up. It is too bland. I was not offered grated Parm with this pasta dish. This dissatisfaction is probably more about my previously being spoiled).

Bacco Beach - D.jpg

The Mrs. ordered a Thai seafood salad (She said that it was a little too sour. She boxed over half of it up and took that home for proper seasoning. I did not try this dish.)

Bacco Beach - E.jpg

It was my birthday so the Mrs. had them bring a cake to the table (more of a custard really). This was not bad at all. The staff sung Happy Birthday. About 5 minutes later some little kid at an adjacent table was still singing.

Bacco Beach - F.jpg

All in all good restaurant and we will return.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 3

On 1/7/2023 at 6:41 PM, CampariO said:

Not a recommendation yet as I have been there only twice: once maybe more than 5 years ago, the second time tonight after a friend recommended it.

The place changed a lot, now has a large pool and some other attractions. Food was nice, though the Gai Pad Med Mamuang had only crispy chicken skin and no meat. Taste of all 3 dishes was nice. The menu offers besides the Thai food pasta, pizza and steaks.

Coke 30 Bt, large Leo 90, the 3 dishes with 2 rice was 520 Baht. Rooms start at 1500 Baht, in case you need a place for the inlaws with their kids.

The Cowboy Farm Resort (not the Cowboy Steakhouse mentioned earlier, I believe).

Made it over to the "Cowboy Farm" tonight. Unfortunately the restaurant is currently closed. According to the security guard there are no plans to reopen in the near term. That's a shame as those were some appealing food pics. I was dumb not to call ahead.

Anyway, all was not lost as I wanted to try Preecha Seafood, which is about a 20 minute drive. There is another thread that covers that restaurant, so I will post some pics and comments over there. 

We drove Highway 1063 (goes to the golf course I think) back to Rt 3. I was surprised by all the markets etc. on this road. I will have to explore some more over there.

Edited by ChiFlyer

Roikhan on Hwy 1008

I was browsing Google Maps for restaurants near our house and I noticed Roikhan. The reviews were well above average, so the Mrs and I decided to give it a try. She had also heard some good things from some Thai neighbors.

https://www.facebook.com/RoiKhan.Restaurant/

We were wow'd. It is a smaller place, but very pleasant. The food was well beyond good. It was obvious that the attention that was being given to what was being brought to the table was top notch. Service was good without being pesty.

They serve an eclectic combination of Thai and Farang food. We stuck to the Thai side of things for our first visit. They have beer and wine, but wine must be bought by the bottle. We ordered a French Cab blend at about 1100. It was better than drinkable. 

Some pics

Outside seating

Roikhan - A.jpg

Goldfish Pool

Roikhan - B.jpg

Inside Seating

Roikhan - C.jpg

The Mrs ordered a spicy Thai Beef Salad - it was good

Roikhan - D.jpg

I ordered a smoked duck salad - it was great - the Japanese Sesame Dressing (one has a choice of 8 dressings) was very good.

Roikhan - E.jpg

A view of the restaurant as we were leaving

Roikhan - F.jpg

Total bill was 1500 with a large chuck of that being the wine. Definitely a hidden gem.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Roikhan on Hwy 1008

I was browsing Google Maps for restaurants near our house and I noticed Roikhan. The reviews were well above average, so the Mrs and I decided to give it a try. She had also heard some good things from some Thai neighbors.

https://www.facebook.com/RoiKhan.Restaurant/

We were wow'd. It is a smaller place, but very pleasant. The food was well beyond good. It was obvious that the attention that was being given to what was being brought to the table was top notch. Service was good without being pesty.

They serve an eclectic combination of Thai and Farang food. We stuck to the Thai side of things for our first visit. They have beer and wine, but wine must be bought by the bottle. We ordered a French Cab blend at about 1100. It was better than drinkable. 

Some pics

Outside seating

Roikhan - A.jpg

Goldfish Pool

Roikhan - B.jpg

Inside Seating

Roikhan - C.jpg

The Mrs ordered a spicy Thai Beef Salad - it was good

Roikhan - D.jpg

I ordered a smoked duck salad - it was great - the Japanese Sesame Dressing (one has a choice of 8 dressings) was very good.

Roikhan - E.jpg

A view of the restaurant as we were leaving

Roikhan - F.jpg

Total bill was 1500 with a large chuck of that being the wine. Definitely a hidden gem.

Noted!

We're gonna be staying here - https://www.ravindraresort.com/

6 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Noted!

We're gonna be staying here - https://www.ravindraresort.com/

Cool - you will be about 15 minutes from our house - if you would like send me a PM after you settle in and we can compare schedules for meeting up at one of the restaurants - The Mrs. has some family stuff going on and that may well affect our ability to schedule something.

15 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Cool - you will be about 15 minutes from our house - if you would like send me a PM after you settle in and we can compare schedules for meeting up at one of the restaurants - The Mrs. has some family stuff going on and that may well affect our ability to schedule something.

We'll not be there until start of August. Wife has family living in Sattahip. 

• 2 weeks later...

Silverlake Wine and Grill

This is a little more upscale Italian place in the general area. Evidently they have a vineyard as well as a restaurant.

https://www.facebook.com/SilverlakeFB/

It is about a 15 minute drive from our house. I was overall favorably impressed with the place, not so much with the wine based on my first try. Growing grapes in Thailand?

There are some additional sights to see out this way. Khao Chi Chan Buddha is a must see.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddha_Mountain_(Thailand)

The food was decent enough. The bill was 2000 with 1200 of that being a bottle of wine. Some pics.

Inside Dining

Silverlake - A.jpg

I had Spaghetti AOT, their version of Spaghetti with Garlic and Oil. It was good.

Silverlake - B.jpg

The Mrs. had a fried rice dish. She said they had made it a little too sweet.

Silverlake - C.jpg

Across the road is the ostentatious "Castello di Bellagio". Makes a nice enough pic from the outside, but the Trip Advisor negative reviews have scared me off from ever trying the place.

Silverlake - D.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

not so much with the wine based on my first try. Growing grapes in Thailand?

I'd love to know which wine you tried and .....(please ignore my vulgarity) ... how much it cost ???

What did you dislike about it? The stuff I have tried has been too fruity and tasted as if an alcohol "additive" had been added to it ... (god forbid another Austrian scandal!)

36 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'd love to know which wine you tried and .....(please ignore my vulgarity) ... how much it cost ???

What did you dislike about it? The stuff I have tried has been too fruity and tasted as if an alcohol "additive" had been added to it ... (god forbid another Austrian scandal!)

They have 2 Shiraz types. We went with the Shiraz SLV. It cost about 1200. It was a little too sour, especially for the Mrs. We are used to an Australian Pinot Noir and French Cotes du Rhone. I think they only carry their wines, which do not include the cooler climate ones that we like. Might try their Chardonnay next time.

• Thanks 1

Imoon - another 1008 small restaurant

The Mrs and I were returning from some errands and decided to give this place near our house a try.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Imoon/@12.8057387,100.9297379,15z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x310293d2af905339:0x421c23bb4d5623c6!8m2!3d12.8057387!4d100.9297379!16s%2Fg%2F11lry5lbzm?entry=ttu

This is a smaller Thai place. I noticed that it had positive, but minimal, Google reviews. We decided to give it a try. Mixed bag on this one.

• The place is very well maintained. It has a nice feel to it. Fish pools. Well maintained gardens. Indoor and outdoor seating.
  • They do not have an English version of the main menu. There are pics that you can look at and point to. 🙂
  • Thai food only.
  • The food was decent. The accompanying sauces were actually quite good.
  • Not worth going out of your way for, but an affordable place for some pretty decent Thai food, if one is in the area.
  • 700 for the pics below and two cokes. The Mrs also picked out a few things to take home.

Some Green stuff - I think these are Morning Glory stems. The soy based sauce was quite tasty and I should be eating more greens.

Imoon - A.jpg

Crispy Fried Pork - the pork was a little too oily, but again the accompanying sauce was very good.

Imoon - B.jpg

Papaya Salad for the Mrs. I did not try.

Imoon - C.jpg

No direct pic, but their Jasmine Rice is excellent.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Na Jomtien - Sky Vibe Rooftop Bar

https://www.facebook.com/SkyVibeRooftopBar/

In surfing around to identify restaurants to try near our new house I noticed this place. It is a restaurant-bar on top of a condo complex. The menu is pretty basic with Starters, Salads, Pizza, Italian, Thai, and some Western.

I picked a Pinot Noir from the 3 that were on the wine list. None of the 3 were available. Went with a Shiraz that I thought was a little expensive at 1590. Drinkable for sure, but not all that great. 

As the name suggests this place is all about the views. The restaurant-bar covers two floors. The views are more impressive on the 8th floor, but it is hotter up there so we went with the 7th floor for outdoor dining.

The views.

8th floor looking South

Vibe - A.jpg

8th floor looking North

Vibe - B.jpg

7th floor sunset

Vibe - C.jpg

I ordered grilled river prawns, but they were out so I went with a Club Sandwich. Not bad.

Vibe - D.jpg

The Mrs ordered a spicy seafood-noodle dish. I had a taste and it was not bad.

Vibe - E.jpg

I would not drive out here from Pattaya-Jomtien. There are better options closer to home. However, if you are in the area and are looking for a place for a cocktail with a decent sundown view, it might be worth a try. The food is ok, but not remarkable. They seem to be out of the things that are on the menu and one has to go with what is available. Total bill was 2140 with most of that being the wine.

The Mrs. rates it as a "meh".

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Khao Chi Chan - Mum Aroi

https://moomaroi-restaurant.business.site/

The website is in Thai, but you can see some pics and there is a map. Also shows well on Google Maps for directions. The restaurant is about a 40 minute drive South of Jomtien. Still I would recommend that even the most hardened of Central Pats aficionados makes the trip to the area at least once in a lifetime. 

There are four of these places in the overall area (2 in or near Pattaya, one in Sriracha, and this one near Buddha Mountain that I am reporting on). I have never been to any of them before today. I had noticed that the Pattaya ones get some pretty decent reviews.

The Mrs and I try to go out once a week for dinner, just to get out of the house now and then. We are slowly working our way through a list of places I have compiled that seem to be worth a try. Tonight we tried the title restaurant.

I was impressed and actually very much so. As we whittle the list down to a rotation list, Mum Aroi will easily make the final cut. The Mrs. tells me that Mum Aroi roughly translates to tasty. 

This is a Thai seafood place similar to Pupens and Preecha. I would rate the quality of the food as better than both of those. I will give reasons why in the food pics. The others have sea views and Mum Aroi does not, but it is very near Buddha Mountain and that area has some great inland views. 

Views from the restaurant

Mum Aroi - A.jpg

Mum Aroi - B.jpg

Mum Aroi - C.jpg

Food Pics

Fried Rice with Crab - look at the size of those crab chunks. Better than anywhere else that I have seen.

Mum Aroi - D.jpg

Salmon with a Wasabi Soy Sauce. The Mrs ordered this and she said it was good. I did not try. Look at how she mixes the wasabi sauce to understand why I did not share with her. Actually, I like this kind of dish, but not when she is mixing the wasabi. 🙂

Mum Aroi - E.jpg

I ordered my usual Fried Fish in a Sweet and Sour Sauce. It wasn't good, it was great. I order this dish often and it is often served over cooked. This fish was properly prepared and very tender while still maintaining it's crispiness. Best version of this dish I have even had in the overall Pattaya area.

Mum Aroi - F.jpg

The Mrs ordered a Thai dish. I have no idea what it is called. She said it was very well prepared. I would have tried, but I was warned off with a probably phet mak mak for you. You eat it something like tacos by wrapping the filing up in the green veggie leaves.

Mum Aroi - G.jpg

We order a bottle of Merlot from the limited wine list. It was a little expensive at 1600. Drinkable for sure.

Total bill was around 3000.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Khao Chi Chan - Mum Aroi

https://moomaroi-restaurant.business.site/

The website is in Thai, but you can see some pics and there is a map. Also shows well on Google Maps for directions. The restaurant is about a 40 minute drive South of Jomtien. Still I would recommend that even the most hardened of Central Pats aficionados makes the trip to the area at least once in a lifetime. 

There are four of these places in the overall area (2 in or near Pattaya, one in Sriracha, and this one near Buddha Mountain that I am reporting on). I have never been to any of them before today. I had noticed that the Pattaya ones get some pretty decent reviews.

The Mrs and I try to go out once a week for dinner, just to get out of the house now and then. We are slowly working our way through a list of places I have compiled that seem to be worth a try. Tonight we tried the title restaurant.

I was impressed and actually very much so. As we whittle the list down to a rotation list, Mum Aroi will easily make the final cut. The Mrs. tells me that Mum Aroi roughly translates to tasty. 

This is a Thai seafood place similar to Pupens and Preecha. I would rate the quality of the food as better than both of those. I will give reasons why in the food pics. The others have sea views and Mum Aroi does not, but it is very near Buddha Mountain and that area has some great inland views. 

Views from the restaurant

Mum Aroi - A.jpg

Mum Aroi - B.jpg

Mum Aroi - C.jpg

Food Pics

Fried Rice with Crab - look at the size of those crab chunks. Better than anywhere else that I have seen.

Mum Aroi - D.jpg

Salmon with a Wasabi Soy Sauce. The Mrs ordered this and she said it was good. I did not try. Look at how she mixes the wasabi sauce to understand why I did not share with her. Actually, I like this kind of dish, but not when she is mixing the wasabi. 🙂

Mum Aroi - E.jpg

I ordered my usual Fried Fish in a Sweet and Sour Sauce. It wasn't good, it was great. I order this dish often and it is often served over cooked. This fish was properly prepared and very tender while still maintaining it's crispiness. Best version of this dish I have even had in the overall Pattaya area.

Mum Aroi - F.jpg

The Mrs ordered a Thai dish. I have no idea what it is called. She said it was very well prepared. I would have tried, but I was warned off with a probably phet mak mak for you. You eat it something like tacos by wrapping the filing up in the green veggie leaves.

Mum Aroi - G.jpg

We order a bottle of Merlot from the limited wine list. It was a little expensive at 1600. Drinkable for sure.

Total bill was around 3000.

A few additional comments.

The service was not just good. It was excellent. The sundown flies can get pesty this time of year. Our server actually stayed by our table and waved a menu to help keep them away. The Mrs. asked for one and helped out as well. I did a little shoo away hand stuff.

If one were heading out at this time of year, I would plan for an 18:30 sitting. When the sun goes down the flies go home. We arrived about 17:45 and well as I described.

Additionally, service was prompt and efficient.

Na Jomtien - Selecta

The Mrs. and I continue our weekly "date night" restaurant tour. This week we went to Selecta. In talking with the manager we found out that they only opened about 3 months ago. I noticed them through a few positive net reviews.

https://www.facebook.com/selectabeach

You can find the location and directions via Google Maps. I would recommend that one does use Google Maps for a first visit. The road twists around behind the place and it can be a little confusing, especially after dark. After one arrives there is ample parking. The roads are a little rough back there, so take it slow.

I found the place to be laid back and rather pleasant. Their wine list is quite limited, but the beer list is more formidable. The food is mainly Thai, but they have a Farang page with pasta, pizza, and meat dishes. 

The service was excellent. The food was ok+, but nothing to rave about. Basically this is a pleasant beachfront restaurant with ok food. They do have music.

Some views of the place

Ocean view

Selecta - A.jpg

Stage with the band

Selecta - B.jpg

Sunset

Selecta - C.JPG

I had Cashew Chicken (called stir fried chicken with chew chew nuts on the menu). It was not bad at all.

Selecta - D.jpg

The Mrs had lightly fried cabbage with dried shrimp. I tasted a little and it was decent.

Selecta - E.jpg

The Mrs. also ordered Papaya Salad. She said it was quite good.

Selecta - F.JPG

This place, although we liked it, will probably not make our favorites rotation, at least for this time of year. I think we will like it better when the cooler weather arrives with Loy Krathong.

The bill was 2000 with 1300 of that being for a bottle of wine.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Na Jomtien - Srinuan Seafood

This is another beach front Thai Seafood place.

https://www.facebook.com/Srinuanseafood

I had noticed some favorable comments about the restaurant over at PA. We decided to give it a try for "date night" this week. IMO, not bad at all, but we have more than enough places that we like in this category already. The location is very close to Preecha Seafood. A few pics with comments.

The restaurant and the sea view. It has a large seating capacity. The sea view, while pleasant enough, is not stunning.

Sinuan - A.jpg

Sinuan - B.jpg

I had the Sweet and Sour Grouper. It was excellent. Frequently this type of dish is overcooked. This one was done to perfection.

Sinuan - C.jpg

The Mrs. ordered some kind of ceviche like crab dish. She cautioned me off of it with a phet mak mak comment. I took her word for it.

Sinuan - D.jpg

We also had a side of what I think are Morning Glory stems. The Mrs likes them and tries to get a little more greenery into me. The soy sauce is ok.

Sinuan - E.jpg

They have a wine shop as part of the overall restaurant, so the wine list is a little deeper than most places like this. The bill came to 2000 with half of that being a bottle of wine.

Nice enough place and a good location (for us) with good fresh seafood, but the Mrs is at best luke warm on it. We will get back now and then, but our ratings of the Thai Seafood places in the area are:

1. Mum Aroi Como far and away
  2. Kind of a tie between Preecha and Srinuan. I rate them dead even, but the Mrs. prefers Preecha.
  3. Like I said a tie
  4. Aow Talay on the Bang Saray piers. Others seem to prefer Ruan Talay. I think they are about the same really.
  5. Pupens

Oh - Srinuan has live tanks as do many of the others. On the way out the Mrs. noticed that one of the tanks held young groupers. That is unusual. 

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

• 2 weeks later...

Huay Yai - Antonio and Bo's (aka San Family)

Tried a new place for date night this week. Antonio and Bo's (AB) is a small Italian place out of the way for most, but 15 minutes from our house. There is also Thai food on the menu. AB has pretty decent Google reviews so we decided to give it a try.

For more info one can do a general Google search on the name. They do not have a website and I noticed no Trip Advisor reports. The Google Maps directions are spot on. The sign at the restaurant does not say "Antonio and Bo's" but rather "San Family". We were initially seated by Bo and asked about these things. She and her husband (Antonio the chef/owner) do in fact own/operate the place.

The restaurant is al fresco, so it would not be a good choice on a hot and humid night. They do have some fans in the covered area and we found this to be pleasant enough. I did not care for the house wine, but was told that I could pay a 300 corkage fee for a subsequent visit.

The upside is that the food is good and it is a relaxing place to kick back a little.

There is clearly marked parking across the street. I would advise using this as it has easier access back onto the road.

The bill was 1010 with more than half of that being 3 glasses of wine.

Some pics

From the street

Antonio and Bo's - A.jpg

Inside

Antonio and Bo's - B.jpg

Antonio and Bo's - C.jpg

I ordered Tortellini - It was good.

Antonio and Bo's - D.jpg

The Mrs ordered fried hoi (clams). I tasted some and it was also good. Could have used some lemons though. I guess that is not a Thai thing.

Antonio and Bo's - E.jpg

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 1

Huay Yai - Baan Na Garden

Well it is date night. We elected to try a new place that I had noticed on the net as having some favorable reviews.

https://www.facebook.com/baannagardenrestaurantandbar/?locale=th_TH

I like this place and it will be part of our permanent rotation. I do not like it well enough to recommend it for a longish ride from Jomtien, but if you live out this way it is worth checking out.

It is the atmosphere, more so than the food, that makes me positive about this place. It is just pleasant. A great jai yen yen place to kick back a little. They have a limited wine list. I ordered a bottle of "Cotes de bourg". It was not bad at 1250, although I was not previously aware that there was such a thing. 🙂

Oh - be aware that Google Maps is a little off with regard to the location. It will get you there fine and dandy, but then says wrongly what side of the street it is on. This might prove too strong of a distraction for some, as the place across the street has bright lights and a small collection of ladies in short skirts sitting on a bench outside. 😏

The restaurant has a lengthy menu of both Farang and Thai food. They have various specials. Sunday is Roast day and Wednesday is Indian Food. One does not have to order those on those particular days. We were there on a Wednesday and no Indian people were dining.

A few pics of the decor

Baan Na Garden - A.jpg

Baan Na Garden - C.jpg

Baan Na Garden - B.jpg

The Mrs ordered a Ceviche like Shrimp dish. I tasted a little. It was quite good, but a little past my phet level for anything going beyond a quick taste.

Baan Na Garden - D.jpg

I ordered Beef Stroganoff. This is listed as one of their recommended Western dishes. It was ok. It was listed on the menu as being served with Fettuccine. As one can see, the pasta looks to be linguine. Not a big deal IMO. I will likely go with a Cheese Burger next time.

Baan Na Garden - E.jpg

The bill was 1750 with about 75% of that being the wine.  

Edited by ChiFlyer

• 1 month later...

Na Jomtien - A la Campagne

A mixed review once again.

https://www.alacampagnepattaya.com/

also

https://www.facebook.com/alacampagnepattaya/

I will not post pics of the place, as the web sites have many.

Overall I like this place, but I like it for the ambience. I was unimpressed with the food we ordered on our first try.

Even though it is jurisdictionally in Na Jomtien, it is a 15 minute at most Bolt ride from Jomtien. The complex has multiple restaurants, but one can not cross order except at the bar.

• Somtom Village - serves mostly Isan Thai food, but has a side Western menu.
  • The Tea Factory - serves mostly Western food.
  • There is also a bar called the Rouge where one can order from either restaurant, but the bar was closed the night we went.

Pluses:

• A pleasant overall decor with well manicured gardens.
  • Good service.
  • Very deep menus. There are well over 100 items on the Thai menu at Somtom Village with 26 of them being variations on Somtom.

Minuses:

• The Mrs rated their vaunted Somtom a "mehh". She is hard to please when it comes to this dish. She took most of it home for proper seasoning.
  • I was unimpressed with most of the food that we ordered. I will give individual reasons why with the pics. 
  • Be aware that they are including a 10% service charge on your bill and adjust any tip accordingly. 

A few pics and comments:

As we are leaving

A la Campagne - A.jpg

We ordered some of their also vaunted Japanese Oysters to start. Despite my instructions to bring these first they arrived after the other dishes. Might have been a Thaiglish communication on my part. Also, I did not like the oysters, as I prefer the smaller French version. These cost 450 for 3.

A la Campagne - B.jpg

A la Campagne - C.jpg

As previously stated the Mrs rated the Somtum she tried as a "mehh". Here is a pic.

A la Campagne - D.jpg

The Mrs also ordered fried pork belly. This was good. Obviously not the healthiest of foods, but it was tasty.

A la Campagne - E.jpg

I ordered Lamb Chops. Not that great.

A la Campagne - F.jpg

All in all, I like the place, but need to reconsider what I am ordering. The pics of their hamburgers look great.

Edited by ChiFlyer