Car Show Impact....

Yessongs

I don't know what Mike ( @Yessongs ) thought,  but having visited the show yesterday afternoon, I left feeling a little disappointed.  The overall impact or sparkle of previous shows, just did not seem to be there.  

The models were wearing masks; some were prepared to remove them for photographs, however a number were not.  

It may well be a case of my remembering previous shows through rose coloured sunglasses and/or having higher than reasonable expectations as this was the first motor show I had visited in Thailand since Covid.

I found the range of classic cars the most interesting.

The Fall show is always more subdued compared to the Spring show, but...

Just maybe legions of ogling DOM photogs were detracting from the primary purpose of the show -- selling cars?

This change began prior to Covid. The 'decency police' were out in full force at the shows.

Regardless, great photography practice and some very nice new cars. 😉

. . .

From the time warp machine...

5234912770_ed27d9eace_o.jpg

5567993247_567aa381d8_h.jpg

5592457043_dd7e826c33_o.jpg

8616678012_0b3b50b345_h.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/9/2022 at 5:29 PM, Glasseye said:

Sure do like that Datsun 280 Z. My sister used to have one just like it. 

IMG_1643.JPG.eb2f8ec9d7a51d29f89549e4f58

Glass, my first job right out of San Jose State, was working for a company called "Northern Telecom"  My boss was about 5 years older then me right? He bought a brand new 260Z. We had to go to other offices in a city called "Mt. View"  I was completely blown away when we got on the freeway how "quick" that 260Z was!  I wanted one, never got it. 

23 hours ago, john luke said:

I don't know what Mike ( @Yessongs ) thought,  but having visited the show yesterday afternoon, I left feeling a little disappointed.  The overall impact or sparkle of previous shows, just did not seem to be there.  

The models were wearing masks; some were prepared to remove them for photographs, however a number were not.  

It may well be a case of my remembering previous shows through rose coloured sunglasses and/or having higher than reasonable expectations as this was the first motor show I had visited in Thailand since Covid.

I found the range of classic cars the most interesting.

John, I went on Saturday, it was crowded, I thought the vibe was not as good as it was before, even with all the people there, but I still enjoyed the show none the less.  Had not been to one of these since 2018, so not sure if it is fair to compare you know?  I think with most things "Thailand" I hate to say this but......things were a bit more "lively" years back.  Will see the "Bangkok Auto Salon" show in June with all the "jacked up" Japanese imports these guys bring to show and the girls will be less conservatively dressed I think. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Glass, my first job right out of San Jose State, was working for a company called "Northern Telecom"  My boss was about 5 years older then me right? He bought a brand new 260Z. We had to go to other offices in a city called "Mt. View"  I was completely blown away when we got on the freeway how "quick" that 260Z was!  I wanted one, never got it. 

John, I went on Saturday, it was crowded, I thought the vibe was not as good as it was before, even with all the people there, but I still enjoyed the show none the less.  Had not been to one of these since 2018, so not sure if it is fair to compare you know?  I think with most things "Thailand" I hate to say this but......things were a bit more "lively" years back.  Will see the "Bangkok Auto Salon" show in June with all the "jacked up" Japanese imports these guys bring to show and the girls will be less conservatively dressed I think. 

what an amazing cars videos:)

• Thumbs Up 1