TM 30

Glasseye

What they are doing now is "better", but still a pain in the ass.

Especially now when all of this recent "crackdowns" are going on related to passport/visa checks, etc.

Recently I changed addresses. Then day of the move the "landlord" agent filed on-line my info. (copy of passport and visa Page). The landlord agent was very efficient in doing this. She then provided a copy of the form that immigration issues following a proper on-line filing. 

I then took the printed form to immigration a few days later for "official" TM 30. That was relatively painless (although still a hassle). The updated system does make it a bit easier but not much. What makes it a bit easier is once I handed the already printed form (that the landlord provided to me) she was able to quickly prepare the TM 30. Of course, this is still done the old fashion way. She handwrote the necessary info on the typical TM so slip of paper and handed it back. This form is then kept in your passport, until the next lovely day when you change you address again.

My issues is.... There still does not seem to be much reliable info. or continuity in regards to temporary travel. Say I go somewhere else in Thailand for a few days, and then somewhere else, hotels, friends home, whatever.....   WTF, are the requirements regarding this ?    How does someone protect themselves from being f***d with because they went on a road trip for a few days (within Thailand) just because they did not get down to immigration the next day after checking into a hotel, or staying at a friends house, etc. ?

18 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

What they are doing now is "better", but still a pain in the ass.

Especially now when all of this recent "crackdowns" are going on related to passport/visa checks, etc.

Recently I changed addresses. Then day of the move the "landlord" agent filed on-line my info. (copy of passport and visa Page). The landlord agent was very efficient in doing this. She then provided a copy of the form that immigration issues following a proper on-line filing. 

I then took the printed form to immigration a few days later for "official" TM 30. That was relatively painless (although still a hassle). The updated system does make it a bit easier but not much. What makes it a bit easier is once I handed the already printed form (that the landlord provided to me) she was able to quickly prepare the TM 30. Of course, this is still done the old fashion way. She handwrote the necessary info on the typical TM so slip of paper and handed it back. This form is then kept in your passport, until the next lovely day when you change you address again.

My issues is.... There still does not seem to be much reliable info. or continuity in regards to temporary travel. Say I go somewhere else in Thailand for a few days, and then somewhere else, hotels, friends home, whatever.....   WTF, are the requirements regarding this ?    How does someone protect themselves from being f***d with because they went on a road trip for a few days (within Thailand) just because they did not get down to immigration the next day after checking into a hotel, or staying at a friends house, etc. ?

So how could they make trouble as long as you filed one TM30? Say you check-in into a hotel. It is the hotels responsibility to file the TM30. 

Visiting a friend it would be the friends responsibility to do so. If he doesn't, what are the consequences? You won't go to immigration near your friend to get any paperwork or so. That is the only time immigration is checking on it. Even then it would not be you who has to pay a fine, though as long as you want something from them, they want to get the fine from you if the landlord doesn't show up.

When moving permanently, file a new TM 30.

When leaving the country and re-enter with a different visa or passport, file a new TM 30.

When leaving the country and re-enter with a re-entry permit, you don't need to do it but file a new TM 30 anyway to be sure. When doing this online with an app, it takes just a few minutes, once you have been registered by your landlord.

If they change their rules once again and you did something wrong, pay the fine. They will not deport you or throw you in jail. If they do so, then it is time to look for another place of residence.

BTW, I believe it is not necessary to get an official paper of the TM 30, when it was done online. At least not that I know of. Anybody?

4 minutes ago, CampariO said:

So how could they make trouble as long as you filed one TM30? Say you check-in into a hotel. It is the hotels responsibility to file the TM30. 

Visiting a friend it would be the friends responsibility to do so. If he doesn't, what are the consequences? You won't go to immigration near your friend to get any paperwork or so. That is the only time immigration is checking on it. Even then it would not be you who has to pay a fine, though as long as you want something from them, they want to get the fine from you if the landlord doesn't show up.

When moving permanently, file a new TM 30.

When leaving the country and re-enter with a different visa or passport, file a new TM 30.

When leaving the country and re-enter with a re-entry permit, you don't need to do it but file a new TM 30 anyway to be sure. When doing this online with an app, it takes just a few minutes, once you have been registered by your landlord.

If they change their rules once again and you did something wrong, pay the fine. They will not deport you or throw you in jail. If they do so, then it is time to look for another place of residence.

BTW, I believe it is not necessary to get an official paper of the TM 30, when it was done online. At least not that I know of. Anybody?

I appreciate what you are saying here. But in regards to filing on-line by the landlord relieving someone from having to go and get the form (slip for passport) was not the way it was explained to me. 

But, that is kind of my point. Does not seem to be any clarity with this. But.... what else is new ?

2 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I appreciate what you are saying here. But in regards to filing on-line by the landlord relieving someone from having to go and get the form (slip for passport) was not the way it was explained to me. 

But, that is kind of my point. Does not seem to be any clarity with this. But.... what else is new ?

Never did it, just online on the mobile phone and made a print screen of the confirmation message. Printed this out and gave it once to the immigration officer when doing my retirement extension, but he gave it back immediately.

4 hours ago, CampariO said:

Never did it, just online on the mobile phone and made a print screen of the confirmation message. Printed this out and gave it once to the immigration officer when doing my retirement extension, but he gave it back immediately.

Thanks.

Do you happen to know the name of the app. ? I will have a look at it. It may be useful for myself and possibly others in here it the future.

15 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I'm puzzled as to why you had to make the trip Immigration as it is the responsibility of the landlord for handling the preparation and filing of the TM30 as well as going to Immigration to get the official document if the online system doesn't provide one.

That's how my Thai landlord handled it. It was also funny to hear her grumbling about Thai bureaucracy when she got back from immigration and handled me the slip that I keep in my passport.

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm puzzled as to why you had to make the trip Immigration as it is the responsibility of the landlord for handling the preparation and filing of the TM30 as well as going to Immigration to get the official document if the online system doesn't provide one.

That's how my Thai landlord handled it. It was also funny to hear her grumbling about Thai bureaucracy when she got back from immigration and handled me the slip that I keep in my passport.

Possibly misinformation or understanding on her part. One of the reasons I am following up on this topic.

• 2 weeks later...

I lived here happily for 16 years without ever filing a TM30, and nobody ever asked me for one. The first 7 years were renting a condo, and since 2011 I've owned a house in South Pattaya. Then in 2020 I decided I needed a Thai driving licence as I could no longer return to the UK every year to get a new IDP, due to Covid. That was the one and only time when I was told that I had to have done a TM30, which I got an agent to do for me.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I haven't moved or left the country for years, so I haven't had to do another one.  They told me at immigration when I asked that if I stayed somewhere else in the country then returned to that address, I didn't have to do another one with them.

One thing that happened was when they transferred my extension to my new passport, they didn't transfer my TM30 or TM6.  My second extension after that, the officer asked about them.  Fortunately I had my old passport with them in my folder.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...
12 hours ago, CampariO said:

Found on another forum that the correct link is:

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/external/security/register/reg-web

After registration you can log in using the other link.

My wife registered already, when we are back in Thailand we will try to do my TM 30.

I just registered my wife and seemed a simple process.

When I went to register a stay for me I could not enter anything in the address field. Maybe I needed to fill out everything else first. Anyway could you please let us know how you go completing your TM30 when you come back to Thailand.

8 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

I just registered my wife and seemed a simple process.

When I went to register a stay for me I could not enter anything in the address field. Maybe I needed to fill out everything else first. Anyway could you please let us know how you go completing your TM30 when you come back to Thailand.

Just now the web page is under maintenance, so cannot tell you exactly, but I believe after logging in there was was an add- button where the address then must be filled. When filling in, watch out for the correct spelling, there is an auto fill function that makes suggestions, for example type "chon" and it gives the Thai name of Chonburi and the English name and you must select this. The English name is Chon Buried ( two words), if you type "Chonburi" there will be no match and the system will not accept it.

• Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just submitted my TM30.

Not sure if I did everything correct. Best is if you watch the tutorial vid.

First one must register at:

Then one can login to submit the TM30.

The login page is something like https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30api/loginExternal.jsp?

It is redirecting to a similar address.

There are different options: you submit the TM30 for 1 person by clicking "+add" or several at once by "import EXCEL". The Excel file must have been prepared first, of course. Download the example, change the names and other data and save it.

After submitting the information, there seems to be no possibility to print anything, so I made a screen shot with my phone after clicking on the address (I have registered several rental properties together with my house) and "search". At the bottom of the page the status of the TM30 appears (inform status: "informed").

Enjoy!

Edited by CampariO
  • Great Info 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, CampariO said:

Just submitted my TM30.

The login page is something like https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30api/loginExternal.jsp?

There are different options: you submit the TM30 for 1 person by clicking "+add" or several at once by "import EXCEL". The Excel file must have been prepared first, of course. Download the example, change the names and other data and save it.

After submitting the information, there seems to be no possibility to print anything, so I made a screen shot with my phone after clicking on the address (I have registered several rental properties together with my house) and "search". At the bottom of the page the status of the TM30 appears (inform status: "informed").

Enjoy!

Good to know the new system seems to be working.

As a coder I find it odd their coders didn't have the skill set to create an online data entry form for reporting one or more people. The use of an Excel file is a kludge, and a completely unnecessary one at that.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Good to know the new system seems to be working.

As a coder I find it odd their coders didn't have the skill set to create an online data entry form for reporting one or more people. The use of an Excel file is a kludge, and a completely unnecessary one at that.

We should probably be grateful that they've actually heard of Excel and aren't insisting we use Lotus 123, lol.

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2023 at 1:20 AM, CampariO said:

Just submitted my TM30.

Enjoy!

If you don't mind what did you enter for the Accommodation name if it is a private residence?