UK TV....

coxyhog

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Nicked this pic from FB because it is so very true....

07f2dbe2-c8c9-407c-a8c7-7279b8a3d129.jpg

I was thinking the same thing the other day. There are times of day when you would think you are in Africa as all the adverts contain only black actors You also notice that nearly all the adverts now with families contain a mixed race family, it has got ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I haven't been watching any UK tv recently so i have no idea how far advertising has veered towards the diversity crowd.

But what I do know is that big brother (or more correctly big sibling) is at play in the advertising world.

Recently (for reasons that i can't even fathom a few weeks later) I did check out "breast implant images" on google and since then i am aggresively targeted by adverts for support bras and such paraphenelia.

I guess if by a slip of the mouse you clicked on a gay bondage asphyxiation image next thing an advert showing a blissful gay couple buying a cottage in the country would pop up on your phone.

Galenkia teased the possibility of half the population being gay. "Who knows?" you might ask. Well the answer is google can, at the very least, identify any gay tendencies. Think about your recent searches or youtube choices. Romantic ballads, tear jerker movies, soft underwear, flowers, tassles? You could be on the list.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/15/2022 at 5:39 PM, Horizondave said:

I was thinking the same thing the other day. There are times of day when you would think you are in Africa as all the adverts contain only black actors You also notice that nearly all the adverts now with families contain a mixed race family, it has got ridiculous.

I'm glad it's not just me. The ads that really piss me off are where it's older people and yet still it's usually mixed race relationships. 

If I ever dated again in the UK is there some new law that states I must date a 'person of colour' or risk the wrath of the woke brigade ?

5 hours ago, Zambo said:

I haven't been watching any UK tv recently so i have no idea how far advertising has veered towards the diversity crowd.

But what I do know is that big brother (or more correctly big sibling) is at play in the advertising world.

Recently (for reasons that i can't even fathom a few weeks later) I did check out "breast implant images" on google and since then i am aggresively targeted by adverts for support bras and such paraphenelia.

I guess if by a slip of the mouse you clicked on a gay bondage asphyxiation image next thing an advert showing a blissful gay couple buying a cottage in the country would pop up on your phone.

Galenkia teased the possibility of half the population being gay. "Who knows?" you might ask. Well the answer is google can, at the very least, identify any gay tendencies. Think about your recent searches or youtube choices. Romantic ballads, tear jerker movies, soft underwear, flowers, tassles? You could be on the list.

There is the most bizarre "Emirates" (?) airline advertisement where everybody featured comes from, to quote your words, "the diversity crowd" unless you discount the pilot who is female. Given the theme of the whole advert we must assume "she" to be a dyke and, God help us, not suffering from per-menstrual tension given the smile on "her" face.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

57 minutes ago, Jambo said:

There is the most bizarre "Emirates" (?) airline advertisement where everybody featured comes from, to quote your words, "the diversity crowd" unless you discount the pilot who is female. Given the theme of the whole advert we must assume "she" to be a dyke and, God help us, not suffering from per-menstrual tension given the smile on "her" face.

I don't dare discount the pilot and certainly hope he/she (him/her) is selected on cock pit skills. I'm generally favourable towards lesbians (especially large breasted, sexy ones), if they can also fly - great.

But i do wonder whether the marketing is a bit off.

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Don't usually watch adverts, but watching some during the cricket.

Almost every one, especially the Xmas one's,are mixed race couple's.

Seems like everyone is trying to be as PC as possible. Not that it actually bothers me.

I think we all  generally learn to simply blank out TV advertising and if they work it is only in the subliminal way of a company name as opposed to the advert contents itself. I suppose maybe that is enough in itself?

I like it when UTube display a questionnaire asking me did I recall seeing any from a list of companies recent advertisements. I always answer "No" in the hope they will give up on me. They never do of course!

Another good day for England, so far, in the cricket. I wonder where one can buy that brand of Tea they keep pushing? 😄

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

I think we all  generally learn to simply blank out TV advertising and if they work it is only in the subliminal way of a company name as opposed to the advert contents itself. I suppose maybe that is enough in itself?

I like it when UTube display a questionnaire asking me did I recall seeing any from a list of companies recent advertisements. I always answer "No" in the hope they will give up on me. They never do of course!

Another good day for England, so far, in the cricket. I wonder where one can buy that brand of Tea they keep pushing? 😄

You wouldn’t buy it if you saw the price of it.😮

£28 for 125 tea bag’s,and that’s reduced with 25 bags free 

• Haha 1
  • Surprised 1