Cable car?

Painter

1 hour ago, Chang_Paarp said:

Going to clash with the monorail route.

I see it as an enhancement to the Monorail.

This is an end to end sightseeing "adventure" whereas the Monorail is part of the new city wide transportation network with stations at key locations.

I hope it all comes off ... but I doubt if I will see it in my lifetime.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I see it as an enhancement to the Monorail.

This is an end to end sightseeing "adventure" whereas the Monorail is part of the new city wide transportation network with stations at key locations.

I hope it all comes off ... but I doubt if I will see it in my lifetime.

That’s how I see it, too; a sightseeing activity for tourists. But it is being touted as the solution to Pattaya’s traffic problems. The end to end aspect of a cable car is it’s biggest drawback, how will it serve people that don’t need to travel its entire route?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 12/16/2022 at 8:31 AM, forcebwithu said:

Looks good in the pictures, but the reality is it would soon be a rusted out eyesore. After all they couldn't maintain and keep a simple wooden walkway in decent repair, can't imagine how they could manage that with a complicated cable car system.

As I read the article, it wouldn't be "they" who maintain it:
"The technology is best suited for Pattaya City to solve traffic problems and would be designed, implemented, and maintained by BARTHOLET."

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bazle said:

"The technology is best suited for Pattaya City to solve traffic problems and would be designed, implemented, and maintained by BARTHOLET."

Playing devils advocate here, but the "maintained by BARTHOLET" could mean the company would provide the parts needed for maintenance and then leave it to the Thais to replace worn equipment. Skeptic in me says the maintenance would get done on Thai time.

Next time any of you have a chance to drive through the Klang underpass, note how many of the lights are not working. Something as simple as replacing a lightbulb never seems to get done.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Bazle said:

39 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Playing devils advocate here, but the "maintained by BARTHOLET" could mean the company would provide the parts needed for maintenance and then leave it to the Thais to replace worn equipment. Skeptic in me says the maintenance would get done on Thai time.

My first thought was for the poor Maintenance Engineer currently freezing his balls off up some fucking remote mountain in Europe that is gonna have to take up a lucrative semi-permanent expat contract in Pattaya. Poor sod !

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

• 6 months later...

The proposed monorail is back in the news. Good news for those that enjoy the non-stop construction projects along Beach Rd, and for those that will benefit from fat brown envelopes.

Pattaya to construct 4 monorail lines
He said Pattaya plans to build the Green Line first, adding it would give passengers of the future Don Mueang–Suvarnabhumi–U-Tapao high-speed rail route easy access to Pattaya Beach.

With 13 stations, the line will start from the high-speed train station and terminate at Bali Hai pier, where tourists can board boats to Koh Lan.

The development project consists of three phases, Mr Pongtavee said.

The first phase (2021-2026) is the construction period for the Green Line as well as the Yellow Line, which will be a dual-track rail project connecting the city of Chon Buri and Sattahip district in the southern part of the province.

The second phase (2027-2031) will see the construction of the Purple Line, which will run from the Nong Prue municipality to Muang Pattaya 8 School in Bang Lamung district, he said.

The third phase (2032-2036) is for the Red Line, which will run from the Eastern National Sports Training Centre on Chaiyaphruek 2 Road to the dolphin roundabout, he said.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

22 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

The proposed monorail is back in the news. Good news for those that enjoy the non-stop construction projects along Beach Rd, and for those that will benefit from fat brown envelopes.

Pattaya to construct 4 monorail lines
He said Pattaya plans to build the Green Line first, adding it would give passengers of the future Don Mueang–Suvarnabhumi–U-Tapao high-speed rail route easy access to Pattaya Beach.

With 13 stations, the line will start from the high-speed train station and terminate at Bali Hai pier, where tourists can board boats to Koh Lan.

The development project consists of three phases, Mr Pongtavee said.

The first phase (2021-2026) is the construction period for the Green Line as well as the Yellow Line, which will be a dual-track rail project connecting the city of Chon Buri and Sattahip district in the southern part of the province.

The second phase (2027-2031) will see the construction of the Purple Line, which will run from the Nong Prue municipality to Muang Pattaya 8 School in Bang Lamung district, he said.

The third phase (2032-2036) is for the Red Line, which will run from the Eastern National Sports Training Centre on Chaiyaphruek 2 Road to the dolphin roundabout, he said.

image.jpeg

They have already said a number of times....Clearly.....That the Pattaya stop for the high-speed train will be out near Cartoon Network water park.....

Moving the Pattaya station out of town killed all their monorail and tram plans....Dead as a Dodo...

But I guess another study $$$ was needed $$$....These never ending studies $$$ are very profitable........

Without turning one shovel of dirt...

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

YAWN.....

Pattaya monorail project still faces hurdles.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-monorail-project-still-faces-hurdles-434362

Pattaya-monorail-project-still-faces-hur

Rather like the ghosts in A Christmas Carol, the much anticipated Pattaya monorail project continues to haunt the city’s transport plans. A meeting on June 21, chaired by Pattaya deputy mayor Manote Nongyai, announced yet again a detailed plan to link Pattaya rail station to Bali Hai pier 

Everything finished by 2036 when I will be 80 years old...I hope I live that long.

In '96 when I arrived in Bangkok as a Field Engineer, the first BTS line was still under construction. Oh f**k yeh it was total gridlock on the roads at times ... but they did it ... then they kept on doing it to the point where the capital that I knew so well is totally unrecognizable!

I hope that they succeed in Pattaya. I hope that they succeed with no deaths or major injuries. For sure it will be easier and quicker than Bangkok !!

• Like 2