Areas to stay in Hua Hin

Stillearly

I have limited experience of Hua Hin , where do BMs think is the best area to stay for a week or so ?  

Soi 94 , Wonderland and Soi 88 seem to be the busier nightlife areas these days ... Soi Bintabaht looks very quiet ( from a bit of YouTube research ... ) 

any recommendations for mid-ranged GF hotels with decent swimming pools ? 

I am still debating on whether it's worth a visit next trip , I don't do motorbikes , so preferably want things in walking distance or a cheap taxi ride away 

Thanks 

From what ive seen when driving back to apartment[stay at very top of soi 94] this is the busiest soi at the moment,also family oriented aswell with all the restaraunts,but you might want to try hotels around soi 80,theres  3or 4 round that area might be worth checkin out,as that soi is all bars and looks pretty good for girls most nights,ive always got the ting tong on back of bike so only looky looky,but dont stay at goodview hotel[great location] which is on the start of soi 94 ,the new bars are right underneath and ive read about folks complaining about the noise,might not bother you tho if out every night and back late.Soi 94 and soi 80 should be your main spots id say,the new bar complex behind rock zone bar is still very quite.

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Good topic had been thinking of starting something similair.

This place would suit me. 800 baht a night no breakfast. Kiang Haad Beach Hotel, location looks OK from my limited knowledge of HH, I might give this a try for a couple of nights. 

@Stillearly guess you might want something with a better pool?

I suspect they are back to normal rates now. 

Booking have a price of £2300 for 10 nights in Feb.

Screenshot_20221219-185917_Bookingcom.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Surprised 3

I stayed at klang haad last year for a week when i split from the gf,was only 800bht a night as during covid,was no breaky,pool downstairs was closed but upstairs open tho to small ok for a dip,good location tho and rooms ok,easy walk down out back of hotel to beach,right across from market village and can walk to soi94/80 easy,crazy price tho.

• Like 2

Just now, Stillearly said:

That's crazy money for a basic hotel ... i wonder if Booking.com is having a moment... 

It's possible,  I didn't go any further than the screenshot. 

I like HH and will probably spend time there again soon, always good to have cheap decent hotel options. 

7 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

That's crazy money for a basic hotel ... i wonder if Booking.com is having a moment... 

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

Just checked Agoda and showing £200 for same 10 nights.

Booking definitely had a moment, showing better now.

Screenshot_20221219-201930_Bookingcom.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

That's a hell of a taxi ride from Hua Hin ... 😉 

Yeah very true. I seem to have somehow subscribed to SAGA and get loads of magazines on cruises and foreign holidays every week through the post. 

On the bright side, Klang Haad Hotel is only  a 3 minute taxi ride from our beach front home just past the Hilton Hotel going north. 🤗

I spent 10 days there in August and stayed at the Initial Condo on Soi 94. Great location with bars nearby, never noticed the noise, rooms well sound proofed. I paid Baht 9900 for 10 days in a corner room on 7th floor. Got upgraded when a French tosser told my daughter to shut up in Thai as she was standing by the lift not realising that I was coming out of the room door and understood Thai. He did apologise but only after I verbally abused him. I complained and got upgraded to corner suite with a terrace, way too big to be called a balcony. Small pool but location for me perfect. Calypso bar next door great for an early evening drink or to watch a really good band on a Thursday or Sunday. Loads of massage shops nearby as well as 7/11s and BIg C Minis. 

If you want the beach then the bottom of Soi 94 might work at the G which has a great Hi So bar on the roof. For me it had to be top of 94 and near the intersection cut through to 88. I went to Bintibaht once and spent 10 minutes there before heading back to the bars of 94 and the cut through. A great German restaurant on the cut through and after straight out to some great bars, small but with some gems in them. Soi 80 area not for me, but very poor offering even for a shorty. 

I lived there before so wasn't really interested in beach and the tourist areas so had a bike to get around but Bintibaht is a poor resemblance to what it once offered. Of course Centara, Hilton, Marriot will fit the bill for near beach if you want to spend big bucks. Centara, especially is a great location. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Top 16 Most Popular Girl Friendly Hotels In Hua Hin | 2022 (jetbluecheckinforgood.com)

The Smile Hotel is next to the G so may be an option if the G is no good. I know you like to spend a bit (well more than me lol) so maybe the Amari is a good option.

Amari looks fantastic for THB 2.5k a night ... but it seems a bit far out , according to google ( 3.5km to Soi 94 ) , although I suppose with Bolt / Grab not such an issue these days ..

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Amari looks fantastic for THB 2.5k a night ... but it seems a bit far out , according to google ( 3.5km to Soi 94 ) , although I suppose with Bolt / Grab not such an issue these days ..

I got mixed up with Marriott which is nearer to 94 and close to Market Village and right on beach.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I used the Amari to put up overspill members of the family a few times a few years back, mainly because I’d used The Amari Watergate in BKK and Amari Coral reef Phuket many times and liked their hotels. As said before, way too far out from HH and gone downhill a bit since then. 

We have stayed here 4-5 times over the years. We get the room made of Clay, Igloo shaped really cool. It is off the beaten path, no problem at all for "company" as I have seen many guys bringing their lovelies back here. 

About a 20 minute drive to downtown, we are staying here Feb 13th-17th. Great prices and very fair we both have found over the years. Taxis will pick you up no problem here to take you where ever you want to go. 

Very laid back, quite, mellow place to stay. 

https://www.agoda.com/vana-varin-resort-hua-hin/hotel/hua-hin-cha-am-th.html?finalPriceView=1&isShowMobileAppPrice=false&cid=1891451&numberOfBedrooms=&familyMode=false&adults=1&children=0&rooms=1&maxRooms=0&checkIn=2022-12-29&isCalendarCallout=false&childAges=&numberOfGuest=0&missingChildAges=false&travellerType=-1&showReviewSubmissionEntry=false&currencyCode=THB&isFreeOccSearch=false&tag=1761b8d4-ba79-488b-bf38-8716a6c95854&isCityHaveAsq=false&los=1&searchrequestid=d7ffc413-a106-42fb-be22-8ca2ed917767

6 hours ago, Yessongs said:

We have stayed here 4-5 times over the years. We get the room made of Clay, Igloo shaped really cool. It is off the beaten path, no problem at all for "company" as I have seen many guys bringing their lovelies back here. 

About a 20 minute drive to downtown, we are staying here Feb 13th-17th. Great prices and very fair we both have found over the years. Taxis will pick you up no problem here to take you where ever you want to go. 

Very laid back, quite, mellow place to stay. 

https://www.agoda.com/vana-varin-resort-hua-hin/hotel/hua-hin-cha-am-th.html?finalPriceView=1&isShowMobileAppPrice=false&cid=1891451&numberOfBedrooms=&familyMode=false&adults=1&children=0&rooms=1&maxRooms=0&checkIn=2022-12-29&isCalendarCallout=false&childAges=&numberOfGuest=0&missingChildAges=false&travellerType=-1&showReviewSubmissionEntry=false&currencyCode=THB&isFreeOccSearch=false&tag=1761b8d4-ba79-488b-bf38-8716a6c95854&isCityHaveAsq=false&los=1&searchrequestid=d7ffc413-a106-42fb-be22-8ca2ed917767

Been passed there many times as I used to go over the hill from 88 but I would say for the majority, it is really too far out for a single guy. Maybe a family or couple but really is quite a trek for a guy looking for action even if the place is fantastic..