Typical day in Pattaya

Nightcrawler

On my last couple of trips (post Covid), generally wake up at noon, have breakfast about 2pm, have a walk about, maybe visit a Gentleman's Club, before I know it, it's time for another shower, meal and out for the evening which is generally visiting bars and gogos. I am usually with a friend or friends when I come out. If I were on my own, maybe I would make more effort. Not sure if that's true or not.

It's a routine I intend to break a little on my January trip. I have been far too lazy and each day has generally been a repetition of the day before, and tending not to spray very far from the LK area. 

I don't like too much walking, especially in the heat, not one for photography or visiting historic sites which I have done dozens of times in the past. I don't keep any special lady, and in fact, rarely take a woman back to my hotel room these days. I was recently  looking back at old passports and visa stamps and realise that I have visited Thailand over 42 times in all,over the years.

I just couldn't imagine myself as an Expat.  

So what makes me still visit?

Not sure I know exactly. I think it's mainly because I know my way around, what to expect and maybe because I am too old to change and be adventurous?

Next trip, I want to change my typical day, but, that said, not sure hoe and not sure what and whether it's change for the sake of it. But I do sometimes get bored after a week or  so and that old sparkle and magic seems to have gone. Maybe why I am looking at Bolt taxis this time.

So......what do you guys do on a typical day, whether Expat or repeat  visitor?

Am I missing out on anything? Or have I just lost the enthusiasm or become too cynical ?

I would be interested in reading other member's take on this.

My trips in Pattaya have been very similar to yours ... wake up at the crack of Noon ( or Som , Dow , Nok .. ) , a few hours by the pool , late afternoon short time / massage .. back to room to shower again , then out for the evening around 20:00 ( normally go for a decent meal before hitting the bars and clubs ... ) until stupid o'clock 

Previously I always had to find a LT companion to have a successful evening , but last trip that wasn't so much of a priority, maybe age creeping up on me .... I also slept better alone and was up a bit earlier .. but alcohol still played too big a part on my trip and some days were complete write offs .. 

next time I think I will try to concentrate on late afternoon / early evening ST fun and have a few more evenings in , it's makes more sense ,  both financially and from a health perspective , especially on longer trips ...

I still need a change of scenery though to break things up a bit and I find even a short side trip to Samui , Bangkok , HH or Phuket , makes a big difference 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Stillearly said:

maybe age creeping up on me ....

I think you pretty much sum it up in those few words.

Many of us are now at the age when the primal instincts, albeit are still there, but not with the driving force of our youth and middle years....

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

I normally wake up about 6-6.30am, so I will go up to the hotel pool at 7am and spend 30-40 minutes in the pool and it is cold at that time in the morning! Follow that by a full English breakfast and a couple of hours walking before it gets too hot.

The rest of the day are varied but will normally end up trawling the bars for a few hours. The main question I will ask any girl that wants LT is do they have a bathing suit and how do they fancy a swim in the morning?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I find now that I'm just not so obsessed with the sex anymore - I know I can have it anytime I want so it's not a priority. I love to have some drinks and good talk with people I either know from before or meet along the way and Pattaya is such a fun place for this that I tend to do more flirting than f**ing these days - and at my age I can either drink or f**k but I can't do both, 555...probably best for me to do the afternoon thing and get it over with and then go out and get a good buzz on. Also I am one of those who tends to sleep better alone so I don't encourage LT's anymore unless it is a girl I know well. 

I'm another one that has reached an age where booze and fcking are most times mutually exclusive. Rather than afternoons, if I'm in the mood I'll hit a massage shop in the late morning after a bike ride, that's assuming I'm still in the mood after working up a good sweat on the bike.

When I'm in Pattaya I have a similar late waking, heavy alcohol routine.  I used head to the in-laws for a couple days, then leave the better half and head to Pattaya for several weeks.  She'd catch up to me a few days before our flight back to the US.

Since moving to Thailand I've found I get tired of Pattaya fairly quickly.  I live an hour away but only visit a few times a year and never for as long as a week anymore.

I've always been a bit of a night owl,waking up early afternoon & having a gym session before going bar crawling.Any extramarital activities have always been in ST hotels whether the missus is with me in Pattaya or Bangkok or she's at home in Korat.Our last trip to Pattaya in October was probably the first where I haven't been drinking until sunrise at least once,must be my age.

• Thumbs Up 2