Pattaya Dentists - Open over Xmas

Derek Dangleberries

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Can you bloody believe it! I've just been having a morning BBQ with friends and part of my tooth fell off. I was only eating fish !!

I called my usual dentist "Dental Smile" on 3rd road and they are busy until the New Year.

So, any suggestions are welcome!!

Can't help on this, not in town. Last Christmas I had carrot and coriander soup for dinner and supper due to dental treatment, very tasty!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I've used Dental Paragon on Klang in the past. Quite happy with the cap they put on a broken front tooth about a dozen years ago. Still holding up after all those years. 

https://www.dentalparagon.com/

Thanks Mate.

I'm booked in there Tuesday morning...

I tried PIH too but they had nothing until next year...

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Thanks Mate.

I'm booked in there Tuesday morning...

I tried PIH too but they had nothing until next year...

I booked at Modern Smile on Pattaya Klang for tomorrow a couple of days ago. I didn't realise dental appointments are difficult to get.

BTW a couple of years ago i broke a tooth and i was told a bridge was needed and that would take a few days, if not the only suggestion was removal but even for that would have to come back the next day. Went to another nearby dentist and they did a fix with filling material a couple of hours later and its still fine now.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Zambo said:

I booked at Modern Smile on Pattaya Klang for tomorrow a couple of days ago. I didn't realise dental appointments are difficult to get.

BTW a couple of years ago i broke a tooth and i was told a bridge was needed and that would take a few days, if not the only suggestion was removal but even for that would have to come back the next day. Went to another nearby dentist and they did a fix with filling material a couple of hours later and its still fine now.

Paragon could have fitted me in a few days earlier but at 3pm ...What can I say??? ....I can't bloody wait until 3pm..!!

All the others I tried had nothing available this year ...

6 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yes mate, probably already cracked from chewing on mashed potato... I hate getting old !!! 

Lol. I busted one on a jolly rancher a few years back. Luckily no pain involved. Had to get it capped though. 

Ever since I have been very careful chomping on stuff. 

Our bodies are in decay....    sucks

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yes mate, probably already cracked from chewing on mashed potato... I hate getting old !!! 

I broke my tooth drinking ya dong.

Back when Soi 2 off 2nd Rd had beer bars there use to be a ya dong stand next to the bathrooms in the back. Use to do a shot every trip to the bathroom and one night it was one too many trips. On the way back to the bar I tripped on the uneven concrete between bars and fell flat on my face breaking 1/5 of the front tooth off. Got quite a few laughs at my expense when I showed off my new smile on returning to the bar. Fortunately ya dong makes for a great anesthetic so I carried on partying.

• Haha 4

On 12/24/2022 at 6:36 AM, forcebwithu said:

I broke my tooth drinking ya dong.

Back when Soi 2 off 2nd Rd had beer bars there use to be a ya dong stand next to the bathrooms in the back. Use to do a shot every trip to the bathroom and one night it was one too many trips. On the way back to the bar I tripped on the uneven concrete between bars and fell flat on my face breaking 1/5 of the front tooth off. Got quite a few laughs at my expense when I showed off my new smile on returning to the bar. Fortunately ya dong makes for a great anesthetic so I carried on partying.

Never heard of Ya Dong...lol

Any idea on the ingdreadiants ?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Never heard of Ya Dong...lol

Any idea on the ingdreadiants ?

The main ingredient is Lao Khao. It can be either 30 deg or 40 deg depending on the base.

It is left to "marinate" for a few months in large jars with various herbs, bits of wood and animal/reptile parts....

Generally it is used to "hurry along" a girl on her period (along with sour mango and chili powder).

It is also used as an aphrodisiac.

I am unsure which option @forcebwithudrank it for ....

7 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The main ingredient is Lao Khao. It can be either 30 deg or 40 deg depending on the base.

It is left to "marinate" for a few months in large jars with various herbs, bits of wood and animal/reptile parts....

Generally it is used to "hurry along" a girl on her period (along with sour mango and chili powder).

555555555555 !  I will give it a pass. Thank you.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

The one that was supposed to give me power. 💪

The yadong stands used to be a fairly common sight around Thailand. I was going to comment on I haven't seen any for the last couple years in Pattaya, but searching for a yadong stand pic I found this article from 2019 that explains why.

Thailand bans street liquor ‘yadong’ after toad venom deaths

image.jpeg

• Great Info 1

On 12/25/2022 at 1:19 PM, forcebwithu said:

The one that was supposed to give me power. 💪

The yadong stands used to be a fairly common sight around Thailand. I was going to comment on I haven't seen any for the last couple years in Pattaya, but searching for a yadong stand pic I found this article from 2019 that explains why.

Thailand bans street liquor ‘yadong’ after toad venom deaths

image.jpeg

Jesus....

• Haha 1

On 12/23/2022 at 10:49 AM, bob lt said:

Can't help on this, not in town. Last Christmas I had carrot and coriander soup for dinner and supper due to dental treatment, very tasty!

Found a photo of the soup, my host was very understanding, he is a retired dentist.

IMG_20211225_140613.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

So! I ended up waiting until today (6th) to attend my appointment at my "usual" dentist, Dental Smile on 3rd Rd

Now that I've started to receive my Gov Pension, I have decided to allocate half of it to regular dental work in readiness for my trip to UK.

To my delight the immediate problem of the chipped tooth was fixed by a filling rather than the root canal surgery that Paragon suggested. An extra brownie point goes to the dentist for gently massaging my jaw, chin and cheek after giving me the injections...A happy beginning ?????

I have a cleaning appointment for 10 days time after which the dentist will make a plan for all the work that needs to be done.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4