Rx Med And Vitamin Sources And Prices

forcebwithu

Since Rx meds and vitamins for many are a major expense each month, thought it might be useful to have a topic on where the best prices can be found.

Fascino has been mentioned as having good prices, so stopped by their Pattaya Nua store to check on their prices. Turns out they’re slightly less expensive than what I was paying when ordering from Bangkok Drugstore. Even more so when you factor in the 90B shipping I was paying on each order.

(Quantity is in parenthesis)
Amlodipine 10 mg: 290B (100)
Valsartan 160 mg: 875B (28)
Exforge (Amlodipine 10mg/Valsartan 160 mg): 900B (28)
Exforge (Amlodipine 5mg/Valsartan 160 mg): 887B (28)
Simvastatin 20 mg: 230B (100)
Folic Acid 5 mg: 90B (100)
Methylcobalamin 500 mcg: 193 (30)
Vitamin B Complex: 650B (60)

image.jpeg

• Great Info 3

22 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just bloody realised..you went to Pattaya Nua not Pattaya Tai..!! Anyways, the prices should be the same, so I'll check it out tomorrow ..

Facsion is a franchise operation so maybe/maybe not.

But let us know what you find out.

17 hours ago, fygjam said:

Facsion is a franchise operation so maybe/maybe not.

But let us know what you find out.

22 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Walk in prices. There is some type of reward card that would probably get you further discounts.

So, here is my feedback from Pattaya Tai:-

My reward card from 2017 was still on their system and they issued me a new flashy plastic one.

- Amlopine was 290 Baht but 280 with discount (Prices elsewhere had drifted to 400/450 Baht!) 

- Mega Nat B Complex 100 tablets was 670 Baht but 657 with discount.(Prices elsewhere were around 1,000 Baht)

- HCTZ was 12 Baht a strip but 11 Baht with discount (Prices elsewhere had drifted to 25 Baht)

- I enquired about Ibuman plus. They had an equivalent at 35 Baht for 10 but were out of stock. Prices elsewhere had drifted to 50/55 Baht.

Notes:

1. I stopped using Fascino because I was able to get the same prices locally but they have since stopped selling at my "special" price.

2. Coincidentally I now have to go to a shop behind Tucom once a month to pay my rent so Fascino is more convenient now.

3. @forcebwithu offered his body, bicycle and bon ami  to the board just at my time of need. Thank You!

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

I find vitamin and mineral supplements to be a bit overpriced here, and the range is limited, so I sometimes order those online from the likes of Piping Rock or iHerb. A case in point was the 1000 mg calcium + vitamin D supplements I take. Checking in the shops and on Lazada and Shopee, I could get 500 mg calcium + vitamin D from Watsons, or else 1000/1200 mg calcium with no vitamin D online. So I went for those and bought vitamin D tablets separately, but it was cheaper to get the real thing from iHerb which was what I did the next time. 

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

45 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

So, here is my feedback from Pattaya Tai:-

My reward card from 2017 was still on their system and they issued me a new flashy plastic one.

- Amlopine was 290 Baht but 280 with discount (Prices elsewhere had drifted to 400/450 Baht!) 

- Mega Nat B Complex 100 tablets was 670 Baht but 657 with discount.(Prices elsewhere were around 1,000 Baht)

- HCTZ was 12 Baht a strip but 11 Baht with discount (Prices elsewhere had drifted to 25 Baht)

- I enquired about Ibuman plus. They had an equivalent at 35 Baht for 10 but were out of stock. Prices elsewhere had drifted to 50/55 Baht.

Notes:

1. I stopped using Fascino because I was able to get the same prices locally but they have since stopped selling at my "special" price.

2. Coincidentally I now have to go to a shop behind Tucom once a month to pay my rent so Fascino is more convenient now.

3. @forcebwithu offered his body, bicycle and bon ami  to the board just at my time of need. Thank You!

Good to know the reward card gives you an immediate discount, and on the Rx meds. I'll have to get one as even though the % discount is small, it'll add up to a few beers over the year.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Since Rx meds and vitamins for many are a major expense each month, thought it might be useful to have a topic on where the best prices can be found.

Fascino has been mentioned as having good prices, so stopped by their Pattaya Nua store to check on their prices. Turns out they’re slightly less expensive than what I was paying when ordering from Bangkok Drugstore. Even more so when you factor in the 90B shipping I was paying on each order.

(Quantity is in parenthesis)
Amlodipine 10 mg: 290B (100)
Valsartan 160 mg: 875B (28)
Exforge (Amlodipine 10mg/Valsartan 160 mg): 900B (28)
Exforge (Amlodipine 5mg/Valsartan 160 mg): 887B (28)
Simvastatin 20 mg: 230B (100)
Folic Acid 5 mg: 90B (100)
Methylcobalamin 500 mcg: 193 (30)
Vitamin B Complex: 650B (60)

image.jpeg

A few suggestions ......Tablet b12 just does not work very well....

Get the real deal here

https://shopee.co.th/บริษัท-อีโคเว็ท-VITAMIN-B12-2000-mcg.-วิตามิน-บี12-2000-(ขวด)-i.252649261.21305317223

Vitamin b3 and b5 are really important and can be bought in bulk on Lazada and shopee

Most as in a whole boat load of health supplements can be found on Lazada and Shopee for good prices.....That is if your not to lazy to dig and dig hard.....

Any thing herbal can be bought for dirt cheap prices compared to Amazon..

Only some of the most cutting edge supplements are unavailable or way over priced... 

31 minutes ago, fforest said:

A few suggestions ......Tablet b12 just does not work very well....

Get the real deal here

https://shopee.co.th/บริษัท-อีโคเว็ท-VITAMIN-B12-2000-mcg.-วิตามิน-บี12-2000-(ขวด)-i.252649261.21305317223

Vitamin b3 and b5 are really important and can be bought in bulk on Lazada and shopee

I would be very leery of ordering an injectable from Shopee, or any online outlet for that matter.

While more expensive, Dr. Oliver offers B12 injections of cyanocobalamin for 800B, but from what I've read methylcobalamin is preferable (link) and I've not found a clinic in the Pattaya area that offers that form.

5 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I would be very leery of ordering an injectable from Shopee, or any online outlet for that matter.

While more expensive, Dr. Oliver offers B12 injections of cyanocobalamin for 800B, but from what I've read methylcobalamin is preferable (link) and I've not found a clinic in the Pattaya area that offers that form.

The better forms of b12 by injection I could not track down in Thailand....

Hey I give myself 1 ml injections this B12 and I am not dead yet....lol

Edited by fforest

8 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Since joining in this thread I have started to receive BP Med Ads/emails in my junk mail....... Don't know why ....

My guess.... and it is only that....

Did you visit the fascino website, and type into their search engine amlodomine, or blood pressure meds? In which case it's your biscuits, or whatever they're called. You need to empty the tin....

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

What can I say... you're a braver man than me. :default_cheers:

A word about any self injection ....With any substance.....

Intramuscular injections are all I do....No veins......

With a 1ml needle you hardly feel anything....Just a tiny prick....

The only ones I ever tried that hurt were some vitamin C injections, they were just too acidic....

10 hours ago, fforest said:

A word about any self injection ....With any substance.....

Intramuscular injections are all I do....No veins......

With a 1ml needle you hardly feel anything....Just a tiny prick....

The only ones I ever tried that hurt were some vitamin C injections, they were just too acidic....

In the UK they now say "just a small scratch" 

On 12/30/2022 at 11:41 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

I thought I'd give feedback now that I have been taking these for a few days.

I definitely have more "get up and go". Not just in the mornings before a walk but all day too.

• 10 months later...

@forcebwithu I've resurrected this thread of yours as need some help please, and this thread seems more approrpriate than the generic health thread.

I was diagnosed with high cholestoral in the UK and prescribed 40 mg of Lipitor, which as I understand in the brand name for Atorvastation.

The price of this in Thailand seems to be around 2K baht for a box of 30!!!! There surely has to be a cheap generic alternative?

If you or any other Thailand based BM knows the generic alternative and can suggest a supplier that would be very much appreaciated

7 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

@forcebwithu I've resurrected this thread of yours as need some help please, and this thread seems more approrpriate than the generic health thread.

I was diagnosed with high cholestoral in the UK and prescribed 40 mg of Lipitor, which as I understand in the brand name for Atorvastation.

The price of this in Thailand seems to be around 2K baht for a box of 30!!!! There surely has to be a cheap generic alternative?

If you or any other Thailand based BM knows the generic alternative and can suggest a supplier that would be very much appreaciated

Bangkok Drugstore is showing out of stock for atorvastatin, but you can get an idea of what they're priced at.

I'll swing by Fascino later this morning on my bike ride and check their price.

image.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

You're in luck, Fascino has what you seek. Price is 420B.

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1