New Years Resolutions...

Stillearly

Have you got any for 2023 ? 

I always do a booze free January, started early this time , haven't had a drink since the 23rd Dec 

Reduce my alcohol intake on holidays , I'm a binge drinker at home  , but on my last two month trip I drank almost every day ... and really felt the effects at times ... 

Lose weight , already down a stone and a half from my peak in 2022 , but need to keep on going  ... walking , swimming , gym 

read more and spend less time on the internet.. I used to read loads , now I find my attention span is too short , going to try and push myself to read an hour a day , by going to bed earlier ..

i know you can do these things at any time , but January always seems like a clean slate and my motivation is higher ...

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

None of my resolutions in the past have ever seen more than a week of progress  so I don't bother anymore. 

You can change your habits any day of the year, without waiting for the new year. 

I would like to be less of a c*nt than  I have been this year, but probably not possible 😁😁

• Haha 3

Not resolutions but things that I have to do to reach my target of taking a long walk with my sons along the Kennet and Avon canal when I get to see them in the summer.

My aim here is to walk a loop from Big C Pattaya Tai, along Suk to Makro Pattaya Nua, back along Buakhao to Pattaya Tai then back down to Big C. 

To achieve that aim I have to cut down on alcohol, lose weight and exercise more. I don't see any problem with any of those things...

• Like 3

Put too much weight on after being made redundant in February. Just sat around eating too much shit like chocolate and cake.

Had a very active job but my current one is sitting down all day working with mobile phones.

Only exercise I get is 10 minutes walk to work and back and a half hour round trip into town a couple of times a week.

So it's to lose weight by eating less and being more active. So easy to get fat and lazy.

• Like 4
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm finding on this long-awaited trip that I just can't carry on like I used to - one night or more on the piss and it just drains me, as well as aggravating my shaky prostate; I'm going to have to slow down whether I feel the need to make resolutions or not. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Go to bed earlier and lose more weight. Down 74 pounds in all from 336-262, but  don’t feel as good as I should unfortunately. I think stopping my walks cold Turkey since winter hit & my last emergency visit led to these random anxiety attacks, the energy must go somewhere. Just tired of self diagnosing because I can’t reach a damn doctor, my 2 ER visits were 17 & 32 hour waits to get 5 minutes of their time……not very encouraging 

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had 5 weeks holiday over nov, xmas, new year. Little exercise, too much beer and bad food choices (steak&kidney pie, fish&chips and the like). Put on 3kg and felt terrible - putting on shoes and tieing laces an effort.

After 2 weeks I've lost 1kg, almost back to my normal gym routine and a reasonable walk to work every day.

If i can lose another 0.3kg i'll have a few beers for chinese new year.

• Like 1