Funny Nicknames *

Glasseye

* That you personally remember.

There are quite a few of them.

In high school there was this white kid who had a headful of hair like Billy Preston's. We used to call him - "Burr Head".

When I first began travelling to Costa Rica there was a guy who had a deformity. A small hand jutted out from his shoulder area. They called him - "Flipper Eddie"

Anyone care to share ?

Quite a few of my friends have funny nicknames as most of them are in the Hash House Harriers. Here's just a few:

Vietnamese Violator
Mount Me
Sperm Polluter (we named a local reservoir after him - link)
IHOP (he lost a leg in a climbing accident)
No More Cum
AnySex Dot Com
Sip Baht (one of our regular baht bus drivers to run sites)

• Haha 1

There was somebody in the Army that I served with when we were both Sgts called Rick. What an asshole he was .... he never missed an opportunity to drop you in the shit to make himself look good..

He progressed through the ranks but never got further than WOII because finally the promotions board realised why his nickname was "Silent P"

• Haha 4

I have a good mate who we call "Fester" as in Uncle Fester of the Adams Familly  

It was me who started it. Obviously because he is a slap head, but looks vaguely like Fester.  

These names stick after a while . He doesn't seem to mind, though he has little choice in the matter. 

When I moved to Birmingham Just about everyone I socialized with had a Nickname.

Mine was quite simple. From the moment in the pub I was introduced to another "Danny" I was universally known as "DA" and my new best friend instantly and forever after answered to "DH".

In our group was "Mongrel", "Range Rover" and "Length". It was quite apparent "Length" was very proud of his. 😄

It was six months or so before I asked one night why Range Rover? Everyone looked at me as though I was as thick as two planks. The eventually reply was, needless to say, "He works at Range Rover." I said "I just knew you were going to say that!" 😄

I have recently received a new nickname " papie" I got it from a new adult apprentice he's a rarotongan in his 40s and a well know ex production supervisor 

The whole site would hear him call " hey papie come up to the bsb we got fires ( his slang for brakedowns) now many of production call for papie when they want me ( only the two of us on maintenance )

We had an aircraft electrician in Oman called Jim the Beer,for obvious reasons.I remember once one of us heavies had to do a soldering job for him as his hands were shaking so much.

Another guy there was named Brian Day,known to all and sundry as Bidet.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 4

I used to work with some real characters - one was a crazy Czech named Jan, whose well-deserved nickname was "Janimal"; another fellow named Rob underwent such a personality change when he was drunk that we'd call him "Walter" instead, and when he'd show up hungover the next day we'd tease him about Walter being out the night before...

• Thumbs Up 1

Spent a week working at "The Leeds Grand Theatre" doing a "get in" for "Death of a Salesman" starring Warren Mitchell"

The lighting engineer went by the nickname "Half Round"

When I asked him why, he told me his father who was the previous lighting engineer always took the crew over to the Wrens Pub where he would always buy a full round of drinks for them after every "get in"

Had a mate from school who went into the Navy simply known as Jonathan Hunt, following basic training and a few trips on HMS Cardiff he came back as Iasac Hunt.

he was then known as Isaac 

Those military lads do love  a nickname 

Edited by AJSP
  • Haha 1