Ferry to Hua Hin

fifelad55

Hi guys, 

I v=currently lie in Ban Chang and my wife wants to visit Hua Hin. She has said that there is a car ferry from sattahip but I can find no trace of this on-line. Does anyone know whether such a ferry exists? I know there is a ferry from Pattaya. Does this still run? If so, is it a car ferry or passengers only? If it is passengers only, does it have easy wheelchair access? Due to a stroke, I am confined to a wheelchair. This plus arthritis in my knees makes a journey by road difficult.

Thanks,

Alan

Took the ferry to HH three or four times in the past. I thought it was brill, although there are those who didn't think it was that big of deal. It didn't haul cars and such though.

I can't blame anyone for not wanting to make that drive. If I did I would leave about 3 am to avoid the traffic. 

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Took the ferry to HH three or four times in the past. I thought it was brill, although there are those who didn't think it was that big of deal. It didn't haul cars and such though.

I can't blame anyone for not wanting to make that drive. If I did I would leave about 3 am to avoid the traffic. 

I took it once and it was okay, but I would have liked it a lot more if it had had an open deck one could have gone out on for fresh air...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I took it once and it was okay, but I would have liked it a lot more if it had had an open deck one could have gone out on for fresh air...

I think we may have had this discussion before. 

I was just content with having a nice, safe comfortable mode of transport rather than having to make that drive.

On 1/14/2023 at 5:10 PM, Glasseye said:

Agree used it twice,one time was hell of a bumpy ride,but it was great,probably would have used it a lot more and i know few others would have from this end so its a big shame its not running,the port here has been flattened now so prob never to return.

The drive took me around 5 hours from pattaya to hua hin,but did stop a few times.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Agree used it twice,one time was hell of a bumpy ride,but it was great,probably would have used it a lot more and i know few others would have from this end so its a big shame its not running,the port here has been flattened now so prob never to return.

The drive took me around 5 hours from pattaya to hua hin,but did stop a few times.

Never had the privilege of the ferry so always drove from Hua Hin to Pattaya and return.  My only annoyance was the turn off both ways off Rama 2 on to and off the 9, just always seemed busier than I liked.   Still it was a relatively easy journey as I was used to driving the 9 hours from Hua Hon to Khon Kaen on a regular basis.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, karon steve said:

Just had a quick look at seems to be still running are you confusing Hua Hin with Koh Samui?

I am referring to the ferry from Hua Hin to Pattaya which hasn't run for a fair while now.

Edited by boydeste