mobile phone service in UK

tommy dee

am landing soon, next week in UK and not sure any more which is best sim to buy.  any tips welcome.  will need internet and tiny amount of calling but lots of net.  pay as you go obviously

i know can buy at airport but the sellers are scammers so best to know in advance which is good

thanks for any tips

Tommy

• Great Info 1

5 minutes ago, john luke said:

EE not cheapest but best coverage.

If I was heading to the village in Dorset then coverage would be important but I'm gonna be pretty much in or near large towns this time, any idea of the cheapest packages ??

I will be going in May...

EDIT = Internet not required just voice and SMS ....

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee

I appreciate that you are not staying in UK too long, however I would suggest that you have a look at the prices for what they describe as a rolling 28 day contract.  These packages give an amount of calls, texts and internet usage.  

Assuming you use a reasonable amount I think they may work out cheaper than PAYG.

• Like 2

I've lifted this from Which,it's a survey 3,200 members. I've never gone wrong with a Which Best Buy

image.png

Myself I use Giffgaff, and have had no issues. If you know the address you are heading to you can have a SIM posted out to you and get set up in minutes

They have several pay-as-you go monthly plans at value prices( very no frills though, you order the SIM online and they post it out to you. My previous SIM was from ID Mobile(who use the Three network), the reception was dreadul though

https://www.giffgaff.com/sim-only-deals

You are charged monthly and can cancel anytime

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Great Info 1

MANY THANKS for the tips.

I may take them uop when the trip is longer than this one, 10 days.  but this morning found that AIS, the thai contract I have, offers a package with 100 Mins calls and a huge amont of internet  for 3K baht.  its a bolt on to my normal contract.  I will use a lot of net as oftenuse the phone as a hotpsot for work, and many wifi services are slugs there.

I called AIS because the website is crap , couldnt be more helpful, and its a month worth, which I dont need but can use the full net services as and when.

again, many thanks

• Thumbs Up 3