How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
Lanzalad

Where to stay in Bangkok

Ok we plan to fly out to Bangkok in March for our holiday but we will have the baby with us.

So we plan to book with Emirates or Qatar airways which would get us into BKK early to late morning, so we are planning on flying on to Udon Thani for around a week then heading down to Pattaya.

So my question is where to stay in Bangkok with a baby for two nights.

We are looking for a place that others maybe a buffet breakfast and a swimming pool.

Landmark is great if you book well in advance can get great deals. Luxury at great prices.

Loads and loads around Lower Sukhumvit would not bother going far away from there.

Bel-Aire Soi 5 same ....... All below Soi Asoke and Soi 0 so many choices it is unreal these days ...... 

• Thumbs Up 1

We stay at Victory Monument, always the same hotel, great with kids, huge bed and cot, up to you if have them in the bed or cot. Lovely buffet breakfast, though no pool, but who goes to Bangkok and sits by the pool, nevermind for only two nights!

Edited by Krapow

Quite like Asoke area, the BTS and MRT both pass through there so it’s very easy to get around. Loads of restaurants and bars on your doorstep including cowboy.....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Landmark is great if you book well in advance can get great deals. Luxury at great prices.

Loads and loads around Lower Sukhumvit would not bother going far away from there.

Bel-Aire Soi 5 same ....... All below Soi Asoke and Soi 0 so many choices it is unreal these days ...... 

I got to say the landmark does look like a very nice place.. 

100% Bangkok is the best hotel value city on the face of the Planet, be it 6 star or flophouse!

With a baby, I would not stay in lower sukhumvit area. 

Might want to look at somewhere like Oakwood Residence on Sukhumvit Soi 24. Just a stone throw from the Emporium shopping district, few minute walk to BTS and 1 stop to Cowboy or 2 stops to Nana if you get the itch. Can usually get a room there for under 2K a night.  Experience Phom Phong....you will love it as a family destination. It is where people "LIVE" not visit and abuse!

• Like 2

continuing with this, i am always loking for suk area..7-13  with balcony!!!!  under 3k. seems bkk hotels either dont have them or lock all the windows.  last time at the ambassador  i asked and they wouldnt open the window, so i bust the lock.  one has to have flesh hair 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

continuing with this, i am always loking for suk area..7-13  with balcony!!!!  under 3k. seems bkk hotels either dont have them or lock all the windows.  last time at the ambassador  i asked and they wouldnt open the window, so i bust the lock.  one has to have flesh hair 😉

Not in BKK mate.. 😬

• Like 1

http://www.phacharasuites.com/rooms-suites/

I've stayed in the biggest 2 bed Suite there it's smart as 

I'm booked in one bed suite in March @Steelers4Life has stayed here too

Phachara Suites got all you need Soi 6 Sukhumvhit (it's pretty quiet even though it's near to soi4 ) near to BTS got a pool, gym and buffet breakfast.

Also:-

https://www.adelphisuites.com/

Adelphi Suites Soi 8  end of the Soi is the BTS

One Bed Suite is nice got everything buffet breakfast and a pool

Edited by roomark
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I tend to stay in serviced apartments now with a few more facilities since the wee one arrived.

I have stayed at GrandCentre Point on Soi 55 (brilliant for my 60th birthday) but probably too far down the Suk now, I was there for the restaurants which are fab. 

Nearer up at Soi 29 is the Legacy Suites which I really enjoyed, that is a great location for Phrom Phong, the Emporium etc.

I have also stayed at Kingston Suites on Soi 15 which was a good location when visiting the Trendy building and close either way to shops and bars.

I will be staying at Bliston Suwan Parkview in December; main reason is that it is close to the British Embassy on Wireless road, the hotel is actually on the opposite side of Suk but close by to the main road and almost equal distance from Phloen Chit and Chit Lom stations.  Has mainly great reviews although there has been renovation going on in the hotel which supposedly finishes on 30 Nov 2018, the day before I arrive.

As SG said Bangkok has so many options and at great prices.  I tend to pay between 2000 and 3000 baht now when in town and for that price you can get very reasonable accommodation.

I used to always stay at the centre point grande at terminal 21 before I got my condo, awesome hotel with a nice pool and decent gym.  The prices used to be pretty decent but its been getting more expensive, its ok if its just staying a few days but a couple of weeks and it adds up to a decent amount of cash.

2 months ago my mum and dad travelled over and visited me in Bangkok while I was there. They stayed in the holiday inn on Soi 22, I think they paid 2500 without breakfast but the room looked really nice and its handy for getting around.

1 minute ago, JPK said:

I used to always stay at the centre point grande at terminal 21 before I got my condo, awesome hotel with a nice pool and decent gym.  The prices used to be pretty decent but its been getting more expensive, its ok if its just staying a few days but a couple of weeks and it adds up to a decent amount of cash.

But no booze if I remeber it right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DodgeThis said:

But no booze if I remeber it right?

Yeah its not got a bar, you can take drink in the room and put in the fridge if you want but I never bothered.

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

Citadines on Soi 11 or Phachara Suites on Soi 6 have smoking rooms with big sliding windows but no balcony, if that’s why you need to be in the open air. Don’t know any with balconies, would be good information if anyone knows any. 

• Like 1

What do people think about Dynasty Grande on Soi 6. I've read that it is convenient if you want to avoid Soi 4 but close enough so you can also wander around there if you choose.

Personally my favourite place in BKK is the majestic grande on sukumvit  soi 2 just behind soi 4 . It’s a nice hotel with the requirements your looking for and it’s pretty Central 

FC0C5A96-43C4-4086-8313-D18F597F5081.thumb.png.84c5062f65e57ddd65df19194d739021.pngF034B620-C953-4345-BAC7-62FF40FBF5C9.thumb.png.3b86285312688ac61bcee27d13b0c7ac.pngD994E59B-E968-48AD-AB7B-23F5E6CBAA00.thumb.png.08ff5810b6027083214be8642f11318f.png74D20F39-081A-45F1-8830-72A4DD897C49.thumb.png.e51608f78f0139f010fdd05cacdf25e7.png54D9E1B4-A113-4831-8A0E-94E76D906C2A.thumb.png.05ca6f2b58ec2715bf4c967da4b6f709.png1AB0A880-664C-40B9-88B5-8639CD682BFB.thumb.png.f28038969fb253a76b187afe2242a83c.png05B85CB2-0314-41BF-9928-D1AA6D5E243F.thumb.png.100a8218d7b101b8346f41f9d9ab3b59.png

Edited by Chokdeekap
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Chokdeekap said:

Personally my favourite place in BKK is the majestic grande on sukumvit  soi 2 just behind soi 4 . It’s a nice hotel with the requirements your looking for and it’s pretty central. 

I did look at that one through a hotel booking site and it seemed about 1000 Baht/day more than Dynasty grande. If you are familiar with both do you think the 1000 permium is worth it?

16 minutes ago, BarryL said:

I did look at that one through a hotel booking site and it seemed about 1000 Baht/day more than Dynasty grande. If you are familiar with both do you think the 1000 permium is worth it?

Having not stayed in the dynasty mate I can not comment. I just know I don’t mind paying a premium for the majestic , for  me it’s worth the money compared to other hotels in the area ....

1 hour ago, Chokdeekap said:

Having not stayed in the dynasty mate I can not comment. I just know I don’t mind paying a premium for the majestic , for  me it’s worth the money compared to other hotels in the area ....

thanks for your reply. makes sense

6 hours ago, BarryL said:

Stayed in both and like chalk and cheese. Majestic Grande is really lovely. Dynasty G is OK but walls are so thin only stayed there twice as second time noise was ahem.

A couple getting their conjugal rights. ..... oh baby baby type of stuff ........ ladyboys hanging around the side Sois too. Majestic G feels classy.

Chok Dee's shout is a good one the old Forest fan 

Edited by nampla69

6 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Stayed in both and like chalk and cheese. Majestic Grande is really lovely. Dynasty G is OK but walls are so thin only stayed there twice as second time noise was ahem.

A couple getting their conjugal rights. ..... oh baby baby type of stuff ........ ladyboys hanging around the side Sois too. Majestic G feels classy.

Chok Dee's shout is a good one the old Forest fan 

Thank you. I get enough Justine Bieber as it is. I will look at Majestic again.

19 hours ago, tommy dee said:

I recall city lodge on soi 19 has balconys 2 minutes walk to sukumvitt 

Not been there in a few years but was under 2k then

3 hours ago, Nickrock said:

I recall city lodge on soi 19 has balconys 2 minutes walk to sukumvitt 

Not been there in a few years but was under 2k then

City Lodge 19 next to Terminal 21 has been closed for a few years now. It is now flagship unit of Elgaucho Steakhouse Chain.

(possible City Lodge Soi 19 opened a newer location further down the Soi but I don't recall ever seeing it!

Sign in to follow this