Sometimes they ain't so smart (the device and/or the owner).

fygjam

PTJ Muay Thai trainer’s shock as 15 cops turn up after Apple Watch calls police

A Sydney personal trainer was left in shock after a group of about 15 armed police officers turned up to his gym – and the reason is insane.

A Sydney personal trainer was left in utter shock after around 15 armed police officers
turned up to his gym while he was teaching a client.

Muay Thai fighter and boxing trainer, Jamie Alleyne, 34, who works for PTJ Gladesville
in the Lower North Shore, was wearing his Apple Watch (Series 7) when it activated Siri
and accidentally called Emergency Services.

It was about 7.45am on Tuesday when Jamie said a police officer entered the gym while
he was training his first client for the day.

“I heard someone come in and I looked around and noticed it was a police officer. I said,
‘Hey there mate, can I help you?’” Jamie told news.com.au.

“He walked inside and said they received a call about gun shots.

“I was thinking ‘Oh God’ and I told him I hadn’t heard anything.”

Jamie said the officer then walked around and asked who else was in the gym, to which he
responded two other trainers.

“And then next minute about 15 officers including undercovers showed up, with several
ambulances parked out the front, and that’s when I started bricking myself.

“All of them came in and I was like, ‘What is going on?’ One of them asked who Jamie Avery-or
something was and I said, ‘I am Jamie Alleyne.’

“He told me I was the one who made the call which was impossible because I didn’t even have
my phone on me.”

After an officer told him to check his dialled numbers, to Jamie’s shock he saw one call was
made to 112 – which is an alternate number for emergency services – as well as a voicemail
from NSW Ambulance saying they received his call and ambulance crews and officers have been dispatched.

The trainer said he was wearing his Apple Watch while holding pads for his client and the pressure
of the button against his wrist must have activated Siri.

“I ended up taking off my watch because it was uncomfortable and also Siri kept popping up
and during that time I was yelling out combos.”

Jamie was yelling out the combinations “1-1-2” – while also telling his client “good shot”
– and that’s when he and the officers realised what had possibly happened.

“The button is on the side of the watch and if it is pressed down for long enough, Siri is
activated and in that time I must have yelled out ‘1-1-2’, it called emergency and they heard
the impact of the pads and me saying ‘good shot’ or ‘nice shot’.”

Jamie has now deactivated Siri.

About 15 police officers turned up to PTJ Gladesville in Sydney’s lower North Shore after trainer Jamie Alleyne’s Apple Watch accidentally called Emergency Services. Picture: PTJ Gladesville

https://www.news.com.au/technology/ptj-muay-thai-trainers-shock-as-15-cops-turn-up-after-apple-watch-calls-police/news-story/d6d4ed8cdc372335246815c878b7782c

• Haha 3