Jump to content

"Checking link is secure" message


Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Since yesterday, (I think), I get a "checking your link is secure" message pop up for a few seconds when I click on some threads.

What's it all about Alfie ??

I'm there with you too Mr. Dangle....

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a similar thread on addicts. It happens there too.

The response from a mod there is along the lines of there has been a spamming issue since the latest upgrade, and so some settings have been changed to see if this makes a difference...

Presumably the same settings have been changed here to see if this stops our spamming issue.

Let's just hope that when the issue has been solved they remember to change our settings back. Whilst they're at it, they could remove the blue search index is updating banner, and give us the back to the top arrow back....!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Painter said:

There is a similar thread on addicts.

Urgh... I somehow feel dirty now. 

I'm off to cleanse myself in case of cross contamination........

Bwiang Flowbers is a fantaspic engtranpngyer.........

Jesus! It is happening already! ..Quick jump into the anti bullshit bath everybody  !!!

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2023 at 2:29 PM, tommy dee said:

i am away right now but believe its done by the software company not board operators.

BM @ChiFlyer asked me to post he's not been able to get past the checking connection is secure message. Apparently it stalls at that point with the result he can't see posts, nor post on here. He tried connecting through a VPN, but that didn't work either. This has been an ongoing problem since the middle of last week.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2023 at 3:29 PM, tommy dee said:

i am away right now but believe its done by the software company not board operators.

 

39 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

BM @ChiFlyer asked me to post he's not been able to get past the checking connection is secure message. Apparently it stalls at that point with the result he can't see posts, nor post on here. He tried connecting through a VPN, but that didn't work either. This has been an ongoing problem since the middle of last week.

A bit of googling appears to indicate it's a CLOUDFLARE "problem".

A WHOIS check does indicate that thailand-247.com is on the CLOUDFLARENET.

The CLOUDFLARE administrator can remove their site from being checked.

Other people on the internet report getting stuck in a CAPTCHA loop.

It may be cookie based, clearing your browser cache may work.

Using "incognito mode" may work.

Waiting for Tommy Dee to pull the levers may work.

 

  • Like 1
  • Great Info 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pardon for asking on this thread, and apologies if asked and answered elsewhere but I have this highlighted message at the top of my screen when I log into the forum ...

The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

Is it an error I am causing, or just a quirk in the forum software? It doesn't seem to be affecting use of the forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Trip said:

Pardon for asking on this thread, and apologies if asked and answered elsewhere but I have this highlighted message at the top of my screen when I log into the forum ...

The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

Is it an error I am causing, or just a quirk in the forum software? It doesn't seem to be affecting use of the forum.

Several weeks ago they moved the forum to a different server. That banner message then started displaying and has been with us ever since. No doubt the rebuilding of the database indexes has long since finished, but a techie probably forgot to turn off the banner message.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, forcebwithu said:

Several weeks ago they moved the forum to a different server. That banner message then started displaying and has been with us ever since. No doubt the rebuilding of the database indexes has long since finished, but a techie probably forgot to turn off the banner message.

Mr Dee hasn't reached that page in the manual yet.

 

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Several weeks ago they moved the forum to a different server. That banner message then started displaying and has been with us ever since. No doubt the rebuilding of the database indexes has long since finished, but a techie probably forgot to turn off the banner message.

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...