"Checking link is secure" message

Derek Dangleberries

There is a similar thread on addicts. It happens there too.

The response from a mod there is along the lines of there has been a spamming issue since the latest upgrade, and so some settings have been changed to see if this makes a difference...

Presumably the same settings have been changed here to see if this stops our spamming issue.

Let's just hope that when the issue has been solved they remember to change our settings back. Whilst they're at it, they could remove the blue search index is updating banner, and give us the back to the top arrow back....!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 1/21/2023 at 2:29 PM, tommy dee said:

i am away right now but believe its done by the software company not board operators.

BM @ChiFlyer asked me to post he's not been able to get past the checking connection is secure message. Apparently it stalls at that point with the result he can't see posts, nor post on here. He tried connecting through a VPN, but that didn't work either. This has been an ongoing problem since the middle of last week.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/21/2023 at 3:29 PM, tommy dee said:

i am away right now but believe its done by the software company not board operators.

39 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

BM @ChiFlyer asked me to post he's not been able to get past the checking connection is secure message. Apparently it stalls at that point with the result he can't see posts, nor post on here. He tried connecting through a VPN, but that didn't work either. This has been an ongoing problem since the middle of last week.

A bit of googling appears to indicate it's a CLOUDFLARE "problem".

A WHOIS check does indicate that thailand-247.com is on the CLOUDFLARENET.

The CLOUDFLARE administrator can remove their site from being checked.

Other people on the internet report getting stuck in a CAPTCHA loop.

It may be cookie based, clearing your browser cache may work.

Using "incognito mode" may work.

Waiting for Tommy Dee to pull the levers may work.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 3

Pardon for asking on this thread, and apologies if asked and answered elsewhere but I have this highlighted message at the top of my screen when I log into the forum ...

The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

Is it an error I am causing, or just a quirk in the forum software? It doesn't seem to be affecting use of the forum.

4 minutes ago, Trip said:

Pardon for asking on this thread, and apologies if asked and answered elsewhere but I have this highlighted message at the top of my screen when I log into the forum ...

The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

Is it an error I am causing, or just a quirk in the forum software? It doesn't seem to be affecting use of the forum.

Several weeks ago they moved the forum to a different server. That banner message then started displaying and has been with us ever since. No doubt the rebuilding of the database indexes has long since finished, but a techie probably forgot to turn off the banner message.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, forcebwithu said:

Several weeks ago they moved the forum to a different server. That banner message then started displaying and has been with us ever since. No doubt the rebuilding of the database indexes has long since finished, but a techie probably forgot to turn off the banner message.

Mr Dee hasn't reached that page in the manual yet.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Thanks