Where I won't be, on 1st July............

Painter

13 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Think he helps out with live chats for a few of them , anyone posts anything negative gets blocked , helps keep the money rolling in ... 555 

You might have that right. It's all sunshine and daisies in the YTubing world. Hopefully the fad like most with die out. It's just annoying coming across them on the crowded walkways in Pattaya. You just want to bitch slap them.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Talk about free advertising......

Phil invites all the Youtubers to LePub....They are all live-streaming saying" hey we're here in LePub" to their subscribers.....The subscribers then think hey if I want to be part of the action I better start going to LePub...........Heck, I might even see one of those celebrity YouTubers...

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 2

I've only watched a couple of them & that was when I found out the condo I rented in Oct was near Soi Boomerang so wanted to find out about it.

Both of them were raving about it being the new Soi 6,how wonderful it was & name dropping a couple of the owners so I went there.

& was totally underwhelmed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • john luke changed the title to Where I won't be, on April 1st at 4pm...
17 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Way too many people on that who think they are someone and think they're  important!

Think it's part of the ever growing number of narcissistic people that define their life and their importance based on the number of likes on social media.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • john luke changed the title to Where I won't be, on May 13th at 4pm...
  • 1 month later...
  • john luke changed the title to Where I won't be, on 1st July............
2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I piss myself laughing because when I see the title of this I know exactly what it's about

Ditto, but for me it's also related to how Phil used to diss internet and that Secrets forum back when he was at Secrets. He told me often that the Secrets forum had much less to do with Secrets's custom than good management. I don't think 10% of people that walked through the doors for the first time at Secrets could have found that place without the forum.

I remind him of that every time I see him Vlogging ... Phil's an ok guy but he's a twat ... maybe a twit now that he's also finally also discovered Twitter.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Trip said:

He told me often that the Secrets forum had much less to do with Secrets's custom than good management.I don't think 10% of people that walked through the doors for the first time at Secrets could have found that place without the forum.

I’ve always said a newbie’s first trip had way more challenges in the “pre-smartphone” era. For me in 2008 it was a typical midnight arrival from Vancouver-Tokyo, first time ever out of North America. After the initial confusion, spent a night on Soi 11 in BKK before heading to Pattaya at lunchtime 

First night after checking in Soi 5, walked to Walking Street(took me a few days to understand the baht bus system). Even though I was a member of the forum the previous 2 years, I had zero idea where the bar was…..until I saw the 4-5 hawkers with the ❤️ signs. “Oh how convenient” I thought to myself…..But there still was lots to learn, and I’m sure more in the future…like how a Soi is only that Soi between Beach-2nd, and 2nd-Buakhao might jump from 6 to 10 or similar…..and that goes for all of Thailand too I assume, odds & evens don’t line up either 

Now you just turn on your data, and unless you’re looking for the tiniest noodle stall, everything should be on Maps and you don’t get lost….Today’s newbies have it SO good

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Trip said:

Ditto, but for me it's also related to how Phil used to diss internet and that Secrets forum back when he was at Secrets. He told me often that the Secrets forum had much less to do with Secrets's custom than good management. I don't think 10% of people that walked through the doors for the first time at Secrets could have found that place without the forum.

I remind him of that every time I see him Vlogging ... Phil's an ok guy but he's a twat ... maybe a twit now that he's also finally also discovered Twitter.

Only reason I discovered Secrets was because of the forum. Googled Thailand forums and found it.

Spent a lot of time in Walking Street but mainly in the discos.

Loved Secrets, great girls and met a load of great forum members.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

I’ve always said a newbie’s first trip had way more challenges in the “pre-smartphone” era. For me in 2008 it was a typical midnight arrival from Vancouver-Tokyo, first time ever out of North America. After the initial confusion, spent a night on Soi 11 in BKK before heading to Pattaya at lunchtime 

First night after checking in Soi 5, walked to Walking Street(took me a few days to understand the baht bus system). Even though I was a member of the forum the previous 2 years, I had zero idea where the bar was…..until I saw the 4-5 hawkers with the ❤️ signs. “Oh how convenient” I thought to myself…..But there still was lots to learn, and I’m sure more in the future…like how a Soi is only that Soi between Beach-2nd, and 2nd-Buakhao might jump from 6 to 10 or similar…..and that goes for all of Thailand too I assume, odds & evens don’t line up either 

Now you just turn on your data, and unless you’re looking for the tiniest noodle stall, everything should be on Maps and you don’t get lost….Today’s newbies have it SO good

I had similar experiences on Soi 11 Bangkok trying to locate Charlie Brown's cantina. Someone took me there and we passed Cheap Charlie's. I then spent most of the next 3 days/nights at CC's LOL.

38 minutes ago, Trip said:

I had similar experiences on Soi 11 Bangkok trying to locate Charlie Brown's cantina. Someone took me there and we passed Cheap Charlie's. I then spent most of the next 3 days/nights at CC's LOL.

Good food I assume?

54 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Good food I assume?

Some say CB's is the best Mexican food in Thailand but it's very subjective. CC's was just a great hangout.

Both are still around. I think CB's is now off a side street of Soi 19 and CC's off in the wilds of east Sukhumvit closer to On Nut BTS.

• Great Info 1

42 minutes ago, Trip said:

CC's was just a great hangout.

Including the blue Portaloo in the days of the Dad running it? It was good that the son took it over when the dad died but by f**k did it stink by the Portaloo !!

I knew girls that preferred to piss outside on the ground rather than go inside !!!

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1