Where I won't be, on 1st July............

Painter

• Painter changed the title to Where I won't be, on February 4th at 4pm...

Jean-Paul Sartre is sitting at a French cafe, revising his draft of Being and Nothingness.
He says to the waitress, “I’d like a cup of coffee, please, with no cream.”

The waitress replies, “I’m sorry, Monsieur, but we’re out of cream. How about with no milk?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Painter said:

As opposed to a where was I? thread, somewhere imo to avoid like the plague...

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/01/25/meet-and-greet-with-pattaya-youtubers-at-lepub-on-february-4th-at-4pm-hosted-by-mistermitch/

I suppose if you went in cognito,  wearing 3 masks and a full body suit, you might be safe, although you'd probably be portrayed on YouTube as the village idiot...

O come on.....I bet you would be Star-struck to be in the presence of a You-tubber......You-tubbers are all A-listers.....They are all so great that walking on water is no big deal....Heck they might even let you give them a super-chat donation if acknowledge their greatness...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I don't want to scare you all ... but the article says ... " if you miss it, it will be the first Saturday of each and every single month  "

I am quite astonished that Phil is giving his bar up to these twats one Saturday night every month..

I think the point is that he isn't, 4pm for a couple of hours it's probably fairly quiet. I doubt very much if they will stay much longer than that. They will all be live streaming and preening them selves. Lol

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I think the point is that he isn't, 4pm for a couple of hours it's probably fairly quiet. I doubt very much if they will stay much longer than that. They will all be live streaming and preening them selves. Lol

If you consider the logistics there won't be room for any customers.

Le Pub is quite small, so fitting in " a plethora of other popular YouTubers and influencers  " won't leave much room for them...So I'm guessing they will all be face to camera...Lovely!!

I counted 11 channels mentioned in the text and in the video link....I wish I hadn't looked at it though ....

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Do like Mr Egg the person!! So this doesn't apply to him...

But starting to dawn on my how useful these YouTubers/internet commentators are.

Been in Patts for a few days  on pretty much everything they say for example on Soi 7 bouncing back, Soi Pothole being amazing and Walking Street awful- the exact reverse is true from what I've seen.

I might be there in a few weeks....good to hear your perspective. 

Well done..as a veteran of the scene, good to hear the truth from someone like yourself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I don't want to scare you all ... but the article says ... " if you miss it, it will be the first Saturday of each and every single month  "

I am quite astonished that Phil is giving his bar up to these twats one Saturday night every month..

I'm puzzled as well as to why Phil would being doing this on a weekend evening. He's going to turn off far more customers from entering his place than the few he might gain from the YTuber lovefest.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hope the Youtubing is a fad. My take is that it's reasonable for someone like the Le Pub owner to test the water to see if YT is a net gain for his business, especially for him since he seems to be a Yber himself, but I suspect it's a little like whether a bar owner allows smoking in his place (yeah, I know it's technically not permitted in Thailand). Some will be all for it and others hate it as their reason for being in a bar is seldom to be on camera and the internet. Any way, good luck to him but I'm with the crowd that would avoid these pseudo celebrities fawning all over themselves for no reason.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

54 minutes ago, Trip said:

I hope the Youtubing is a fad. My take is that it's reasonable for someone like the Le Pub owner to test the water to see if YT is a net gain for his business, especially for him since he seems to be a Yber himself, but I suspect it's a little like whether a bar owner allows smoking in his place (yeah, I know it's technically not permitted in Thailand). Some will be all for it and others hate it as their reason for being in a bar is seldom to be on camera and the internet. Any way, good luck to him but I'm with the crowd that would avoid these pseudo celebrities fawning all over themselves for no reason.

Done correctly vloggers can be a useful source for location info and advertisement for a business. Phil is one who I think does it right as he manages to do his shtick without being an obnoxious c**t and recording those that don't want to be on YT.

Unfortunately there are too many vloggers that are narcissistic aholes. Even when asked politely to turn their camera away from you they ignore the request. I know because I've had a couple encounters with them. 

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

It's hard enough to walk without having to hold one of those fucking cameras. Deadly dangerous IMO. 

Would be interesting to know how many of them have taken a header, or got slapped hard on the back of their heads when not paying attention.

To be fair... some of them do a decent job from time to time. But most become ridiculously redundant. Also make predictions or claim things that are very far from being based on facts.

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Done correctly vloggers can be a useful source for location info and advertisement for a business. Phil is one who I think does it right as he manages to do his shtick without being an obnoxious c**t and recording those that don't want to be on YT.

Unfortunately there are too many vloggers that are narcissistic aholes. Even when asked politely to turn their camera away from you they ignore the request. I know because I've had a couple encounters with them. 

Sure there is some useful information to be gleaned from current videos showing the lay of the land at that moment. Likewise interviews with subject matter experts is useful.

But my observations are that the vast majority of YTers are about getting their face on the internet and pretending to be know something.

The most egregious ones to me are the beggers and those that claim that they are doing the Ytubing to help people.

I have never met Phil and certainly don't know him and would never offer him or anyone else on advice about how to run their business but he's going down a slippery slope in encouraging these nonces at the risk of alienating other customers.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Glasseye said:

It's hard enough to walk without having to hold one of those fucking cameras. Deadly dangerous IMO. 

Would be interesting to know how many of them have taken a header, or got slapped hard on the back of their heads when not paying attention.

To be fair... some of them do a decent job from time to time. But most become ridiculously redundant. Also make predictions or claim things that are very far from being based on facts.

It's like the oblivious jerks face down into their phones expecting you to watch out for them. I've bounced into a few that have dropped their phones on contact with a few screaming about how expensive their phones were and how lucky I am that I don't have to pay for repairing any damage.

Really? That just ain't happening bozo.

Ybers flexing those 2 - 3 foot sticks all around in front of them are just that much worse.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AJSP said:

I quite like the name Eat Out Pattaya, although I was thinking that channel maybe slightly more X Rated than the others. 

That one peaked my curiosity also. I checked and it has a whopping 342 Subscribers; Pattaya Influencer and celebrity indeed.

• Haha 1

On a side note, I wonder how many of these Youtubers like each other, are they all mates.  I am sure there is competition between them as they all push for likes and subscribers.

I think it is a strange project to bring these guys together, it is a 'meet and greet' event so seems like a book signing, there is an expectancy for droves of guys (and girls) to walk through Le Pub's doors.

I will admit I wouldn't go, not because I don't like Youtubers', but for me I have never seen the need to look at a YouTube blog. In fact I don't think I have ever looked at a YouTube channel except for those that have been used as links on this forum.

I suppose being older, my experiences have been gained from working in the Far East, traveling extensively with wingmen and using books such as Lonely Planet, Fodors, EyeWitness etc. Today, these Youtubers are preaching to a lot of guys who have never been to the far East and I see there is a need for them but they are not for me.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1