Yahoo settings out of date

Jambo

I have recently started to get messages coming up on my PC telling me that my Yahoo settings are out of date.

When I follow that message it wants me to go through the logging in procedure for Yahoo. It accepts my user name but not my current password which it apparently does not recognize.

Now I have not personally changed any of my Yahoo settings and when I click on Yahoo UK it automatically still loads Yahoo accepting my unchanged stored Yahoo password.

I don't understand this at all and I am wary that I might be subject to some kind of hack.

Any comments?

ps

Yahoo loads OK on my phone. Same password and no messages saying settings are out of date.

Edited by Jambo

36 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I have recently started to get messages coming up on my PC telling me that my Yahoo settings are out of date.

When I follow that message it wants me to go through the logging in procedure for Yahoo. It accepts my user name but not my current password which it apparently does not recognize.

Now I have not personally changed any of my Yahoo settings and when I click on Yahoo UK it automatically still loads Yahoo accepting my unchanged stored Yahoo password.

I don't understand this at all and I am wary that I might be subject to some kind of hack.

Any comments?

ps

Yahoo loads OK on my phone. Same password and no messages saying settings are out of date.

!!!!! Use your phone to IMMEDIATELY change your Yahoo password !!!!!

Best guess is you've been phished. Whatever site you entered your password into is now in possession of both your user name and password.

• Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 1