Tiger Balm

Glasseye

I have a few of their nasal inhalators bought from 7-11.

When I fell and broke my shoulder some years ago, a woman also came running "You just need tigar balm, is good for you. Make you ok very fast" and started rubbing the stuff onto my shoulder. - It didn't heal a broken shoulder.

If you can't get Tiger Balm in your country, you can opt for Mentholatum or some copy of it. Tiger Balm and Mentholatum is pretty much the same. 

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep, OK for localized pain but I use Nam Man Muay to rub into my back, hips, calves and thighs if they are twinging a bit before I go walking...

Big fan of a combo of both tiger balm and naman muay

• Thumbs Up 1

The only time I've ever used it was back in 2005 on my first trip from Koh Kong to Snooky in Cambodia. The road was under construction back then, and as it was the rainy season it was taking 20 hours or more to complete the journey, so we went by the scheduled boat service. My Buddha, but that was rough and scary, half the passengers were throwing up their breakfast so one of the crew was bringing along a pot of Tiger Balm to smear under your nose so you wouldn't smell all the vomit sloshing about the place, which would likely make you sick too. Wonderful stuff, it worked, and I didn't lose the banana pancake I'd eaten before we sailed.

The scheduled boat service was discontinued a few years later when the road was finally completed, but on a calm, sunny day it was easily the best way of making the journey, and I did it three times in total over the years. The Koh Kong peninsula was completely virgin territory back then, nothing there at all, though the Chinese have now built a huge hotel complex there. If you never made the trip, which you probably didn't, this is the boat moored at Snooky port.

160) The boat back to Koh Kong.JPG

17 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

I have a few of their nasal inhalators bought from 7-11.

When I fell and broke my shoulder some years ago, a woman also came running "You just need tigar balm, is good for you. Make you ok very fast" and started rubbing the stuff onto my shoulder. - It didn't heal a broken shoulder.

If you can't get Tiger Balm in your country, you can opt for Mentholatum or some copy of it. Tiger Balm and Mentholatum is pretty much the same. 

Used to carry a big tube of that in our evidence kit. I reckon folks can figure out why.