Chiang Mai Hotel

john luke

We have previously stayed at the Dusit Princess, which is located within walking distance from the Night Market.  The hotel seems to be in the process of being refurbished and is no longer accepting bookings.

Does anyone have any suggestions; my two criteria are 4 star* or above  and within a short walking distance of the Night Market.

Thanks

Last year I stayed at Duangtawan in Loy Kroh, 3 minutes walk from the night bazar in one direction and 3 minutes walk to the boxing stadium in the opposite direction. The old moat and city wall and everything within is also within walking distance.

Room was big and spacious and the bed was fine. Apparently a 4 star hotel, but I think it could use a bit of refurbishing atleast the carpets on the floors in the hallways (Think Pullman Sukhumvit if you ever been there - for comparable wear and tear).  It is big and touristy and judging from the other guests at the breakfast buffet it caters mostly to asian visitors - not that it bothered me - I sleept fine.

Other options in that area was Le Meridian and Möwenpick. Duangtawan was by far the cheapest at 32 euros per night.

I posted some room pics here: