The pinay that gave me crabs - Oh the horror

Lirchenfeld

30 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Looks like a nice picture from Sabang beach? I got Lobster there.

Could be. It is around Puerto Galera, somewhere. I don't remember travelling with her, so she must have been local. It is about 20 years ago and my brain is as holed as a sieve. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Zambo said:

Bit of a disappointment. When i saw the thread i wanted to join in with my favourite crabs story. But now after reading the post my story just doesn't seem appropriate. 

Well that drew the crabs.

draw the crabs

1. MILITARY SLANG•AUSTRALIAN
    attract enemy fire.
    "a lone tank drew the crabs on them"
    • INFORMAL•AUSTRALIAN
      attract unwanted attention.
      "once a complaint is made it has to be investigated, thereby drawing the crabs"

2 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Don't worry. Please share a snip of your story.

My first overseas posting was in West Africa, i was 23 at the time and i was on an 11 month on 1 month off leave cycle. Finally my leave came, but on the flight home and even more so on the train across the Pennines i started to feel itchiness in my pubic area.

I got to my mother's house, which was out in the countryside, and after quick greetings rushed to the toilet to investigate the itch. In those days there was no google, in fact no internet, but it didn't take much to work out there were tiny mites down there and they held on tight. I could use 2 thumbnails to prise out the things - they looked like minature crabs.

I had no idea whether i had to go to a pharmacy or a doctor and it was evening now - nothing i could do.

One of my biggest worries was what type of mishap could possibly cause me to pass the crabs on to my mum.

Later we were watching tv when my stepfather says "oh Sam you're still scratching, got a few fleas left" (Sam's the dog). After a bit of subtle questioning i find out the dog had fleas and there is medicated shampoo in the house.

Late at night i searched the house and found the Bob Martin dog shampoo and sneaked into a shower. 3 showers later i felt great.

It worked. The crabs were gone, the dog just had enough shampoo left to finish his fleas off and mum didn't report any itchiness at all for my whole holiday.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, fygjam said:

4900275659_8a5e6625ea_z.jpg

The crab louse.

I don't recall the body being as long as that, or the eyes as red. But the tiny crustacian features are there. They have a hell of a grip. Wonder how they get there, possibly by leaping up to underwear hanging on the washing line.

4 minutes ago, Zambo said:

I don't recall the body being as long as that, or the eyes as red. But the tiny crustacian features are there. They have a hell of a grip. Wonder how they get there, possibly by leaping up to underwear hanging on the washing line.

Only bishops and admirals can catch them from toilet seats. (Old navy saying).

In Mombasa after an acquaintance I noticed a small black dot in my nether regions & luckily I got it out before it could reproduce.My regret is that I didn't take a pic-I had a brand new Canon A-1 with a variety of lenses with me-then I could've shown everyone my wildlife pictures from Africa.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, karon steve said:

Graffiti on a public toilet wall when I was a lad.
It's no good standing on the seat the crabs in here can jump six feet. 

That was a common one in the RAF,another was Please flush twice,it's a long way to the mess.