How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
Rompho Ray

What all do you use your smartphone for?

7 minutes ago, Chokdeekap said:

Nope just use the message service, I always find the lines bad ,and I am hard of hearing ....

would be a poor internet connection not a bad line, sorry to hear of you hearing issues.

I still have the old Galaxy S-6. Works just fine for my needs. Decent enough camera. I'll use it for a bit of everything including browsing, Facebook, checking on my fantasy leagues, texting, and the rare phone call. :)  Mostly because of the tiny screen, I prefer my laptop or that ancient thing i believe they call a desktop computer. 

7 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

would be a poor internet connection not a bad line, sorry to hear of you hearing issues.

Yep, agree with both.

40 minutes ago, Kathmandu said:

Mostly because of the tiny screen, I prefer my laptop or that ancient thing i believe they call a desktop computer. 

Definitely agree that the small screen is annoying.  My vision ain't up to doing much with it.

About desktop computers, I haven't used one of those in maybe 10 years.  This laptop is enough, decent performance.  I just bought a monitor, wireless mouse and keyboard.  Same experience, one less computer to keep synched.

1 minute ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Use it for most things above plus when I need a bit bigger screen I use it as a hotspot and connect my tablet to it.

Interestingly, some new Samsung phones come with a desktop-style GUI in them that's activated by plugging them into a docking station, which supports a full-size screen, keyboard and mouse.  Reviews are mixed so far, but Samsung is committed enough to that GUI that they're also selling notebooks with it.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-s9-dex-pad,review-5171.html

1 hour ago, Rompho Ray said:

Interestingly, some new Samsung phones come with a desktop-style GUI in them that's activated by plugging them into a docking station, which supports a full-size screen, keyboard and mouse.  Reviews are mixed so far, but Samsung is committed enough to that GUI that they're also selling notebooks with it.

Can remember a thread on live years ago where I said that mobiles would become so powerful that you'd just have a screen and keyboard at home with a docking station instead of a pc. For most people's needs I'd say that they already are powerful enough to do this.

2 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

Reminds of something Nokia did back in 2014 with something called Continuum.

1 hour ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Can remember a thread on live years ago where I said that mobiles would become so powerful that you'd just have a screen and keyboard at home with a docking station instead of a pc. For most people's needs I'd say that they already are powerful enough to do this.

Getting there.  Reviews are mixed, but if a tablet is powerful enough for someone, this DeX thing would be at least powerful enough.  Of course, it's not portable like a tablet is...

6 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Reminds of something Nokia did back in 2014 with something called Continuum.

Yep.  I'd never heard of it before but it is quite similar.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-continuum-windows-10-mobile-works-lumia-950

I use mine as a phone of course but also FB and internet & email, it also controls my heating, my work shifts, smartdrive at work, CCTV and if no wallet I can pay with it.

🙂

Wow Dave you gone all Hi tech. No I deliberately left it behind (and I am very tech aware) until I had to saw the massive addiction Bangkok around 2005/6. Same in UK and China where i travel a lot. Hated them. Now use it slightly more but prefer MacBooks think they are things of beauty.

Detest Google but wow ......... Google Maps and Google recommendations. Amazing.

As I live in North London in a massive high crime area (moped crime) like to keep my wits about myself.

Sign in to follow this