What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

19 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Thanks guys. Greatly appreciated.  It seems like it was just 3 to 6 months ago that I was 22 to 27 years old. Now I'm older than my Dad when he passed away. How the hell does that happen?

Time flies when you're having fun 🙂 

I remember that was a pretty significant moment for my Dad 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Thanks guys. Greatly appreciated.  It seems like it was just 3 to 6 months ago that I was 22 to 27 years old. Now I'm older than my Dad when he passed away. How the hell does that happen?

Belated Happy Birthday wishes Terry. 😀

Enjoy every day as if it is going to be your last is my mantra.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nickrock said:

Hang on I will just get on hot line to the local imman  to start calling up all the faithful on the beach

None of this here in Bali. Well, very, very little I can just hear a faraway mosque in the early morning when sleeping with open door upstairs.

Very bearable level, and even adds to the charm !

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

Off to the ais shop to see why my monthly package didn't activate even though I got a message saying it would!

I went to pay my AIS fibre a couple of days ago using the previous months bill because they are always late.

Handed the bill and 1000 baht enough to cover the 851 baht monthly payment only to be told 1,200 baht ( I have rounded up the actual amounts )

"No that's not right I always pay 851 baht."

" Sorry, no your 25 % discount has now ended!" ( and increase is more than 25% )

When I discovered that having responded a couple of times to suggestions from AIS to increase the speed at modest additional cost (now 300 megawhatits) I gained a discount that only lasted 12 months.

I said to the girl at AIS on the phone to a superior "Please tell the person that you are speaking to that unless they reinstate my previous monthly payment I will cancel the package here and now!"

After a further short discussion on the phone the girl ends the call and writes a note on my bill.

"Sorry, amount you pay is back to 851 baht per month.

"Thank you very much." says I.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

I went to pay my AIS fibre a couple of days ago using the previous months bill because they are always late.

Handed the bill and 1000 baht enough to cover the 851 baht monthly payment only to be told 1,200 baht ( I have rounded up the actual amounts )

"No that's not right I always pay 851 baht."

" Sorry, no your 25 % discount has now ended!" ( and increase is more than 25% )

When I discovered that having responded a couple of times to suggestions from AIS to increase the speed at modest additional cost (now 300 megawhatits) I gained a discount that only lasted 12 months.

I said to the girl at AIS on the phone to a superior "Please tell the person that you are speaking to that unless they reinstate my previous monthly payment I will cancel the package here and now!"

After a further short discussion on the phone the girl ends the call and writes a note on my bill.

"Sorry, amount you pay is back to 851 baht per month.

"Thank you very much." says I.

that's not just a Thai thing , exactly the same with happens with SKY ( and other providers in the UK )  , only when you suggest you will cancel they start applying the discounts ... I've made a diary note for when mine next lapse ..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

that's not just a Thai thing , exactly the same with happens with SKY ( and other providers in the UK )  , only when you suggest you will cancel they start applying the discounts ... I've made a diary note for when mine next lapse ..

I'm on a very satisfactory deal with Sky, which I thought was for one year. That year ended 5 days ago.

I phoned them before that and asked what would happen. I was told it would just continue on the current basis. 

Maybe a bit early to be 100% certain but it appears that that is correct. 

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Sat on the end of a pier watching guys catching fish using throwing nets and small rods. Eating fruit listening to the waves gently crashing on the beach.

AM I chilled out?

Oh yes.

Love sitting by the sea, watching and listening to the waves. 

So relaxing. 

• Like 1