What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

On 2/1/2020 at 6:35 AM, Stillearly said:

Just bought myself a new camera to save lugging my DSLR and lens around on holiday 

Sony RX100 vi  ( not the latest version , but not much different and quite a bit cheaper ) 

67944D99-AEE3-47F2-90A6-0730E741856A.jpeg

Hit us up with some pics from that camera, would like to see. 

I had my sensors cleaned yesterday at the local shop on my Canon,  heading out tomorrow to Lake Tahoe for a week, wifey geeked up about her first time in the snow. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Hit us up with some pics from that camera, would like to see. 

I had my sensors cleaned yesterday at the local shop on my Canon,  heading out tomorrow to Lake Tahoe for a week, wifey geeked up about her first time in the snow. 

Amazon Prime , so should be down next week .. 👍

On 2/1/2020 at 2:35 PM, Stillearly said:

Just bought myself a new camera to save lugging my DSLR and lens around on holiday 

Sony RX100 vi  ( not the latest version , but not much different and quite a bit cheaper ) 

A few months back I bought a Cannon Powershot G7x Mk 3 for pretty much the same reason.

For a straightforward photograph with the light source behind the camera it is great and not disimilar to pictures taken on DSLR.  Unfortunately the little built in flash is not particularly powerful and any shot taken about about 8 feet where the background is lighter than the subject is problematic and needs a lot of post processing.  It is of course great for manouverability.F1.8 lens good in low light.

My verdict is good but not a replacement for the DSLR.

On 2/1/2020 at 9:35 PM, Stillearly said:

I think that is the model that Baz had and sung the praises of. 

RIP.

9 minutes ago, boydeste said:

You probably won't get a taxi on the 18th mate. 

18th is fine , 19th is the problem ... I did that pre internet once .... late morning arrival ...two hours to get to Patts , then another four to get to the Diana Inn on second road ... 555

Edited by Stillearly