What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Our local Builders Merchants seems still to be open.

I am going to send Sai's sister out with her mark 1 Ford Ranger truck (resprayed twice) to buy a few big bags of ready mixed sand and cement so as I can repair the holes in our driveway.

The only other time I did any cementing was when I sold my first house and I agreed to create a proper place to park a car in front of the house. I had no idea how much 3 yards of ready mixed cement was and I had to create about 50 "Tank Traps" of buckets of concrete and the end of the back garden. F@@k knows what the next owner made of that as it certainly wasn't fairies at the end of the garden.

I tried plastering once.

Took out an old fashioned huge fireplace which left a big hole. I bought plasterboard but had to phone my mate Woody ( he was a chippy by trade) and ask him which way round it went. He considered my question and said:

"Get in a plasterer." and put the phone down on me.

First, I couldn't get the plaster to stick on the plasterboard.

I phoned Woody again:

"Woody mate, I cannot get the plaster to stick on the plasterboard."

"Get in a plasterer!"

How the f@@k  was I to know you had wet the plasterboard first. 

When I evenually finished it the surface was so bad I tried making it smooth with a Black & Decker sander and ended up with a room full of plaster dust.

I got in a Plasterer.

He took one look at my effort and said not a word. He just shook his head.

Within an hour he finished, cleaned up and left me with an imaculate plastered ex-fireplace and a bill for 50 notes, cash only.

I will take some photo's of my cementing repairs. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

I hire Mexicans to do all my manual labor in and around my home.. Don't have the patience for that shit anymore. Some guys still enjoy doing work projects around the house. Hey if it's therapeutic for you- chok dee khrap

And where will he find Mexicans here?

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

I hire Mexicans to do all my manual labor in and around my home.. Don't have the patience for that shit anymore. Some guys still enjoy doing work projects around the house. Hey if it's therapeutic for you- chok dee khrap

I am no longer interested in working overtime but can do so whenever I want. If I need to do an unpleasant job at home I will go into work on the weekend and then pay someone to do the work at home with the extra money I made

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

A lot of people think Manuel Labour is a Mexican.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

I am no longer interested in working overtime but can do so whenever I want. If I need to do an unpleasant job at home I will go into work on the weekend and then pay someone to do the work at home with the extra money I made

Work? Now there's a nasty filthy word 🙂

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

I could not have done your line of work in Pattaya.

there you go using that filthy nasty word again attention moderators to this thread please 🤣🤣🤣

And if you listen to some of my ex-employers here in Pattaya even I didn't do my line of work 🙂

Edited by Yesitisdakid
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lunch at the beach with the Miss...

A few other tables around, tourists, locals and expats.

20200405_112613_copy_768x576.jpg

20200405_112636_copy_768x576.jpg

20200405_115930_copy_768x1024.jpg

And the Miss going "I know who your favorite waitress is here, wait, I show you..." And yep, she got it right ! 😁😁😁😁

Live is good.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lying in bed catching up with the forum, taking it easy as back to work tonight.

Worked 12 out of last 14 nights.

Not doing any exercise, got no dumbells or straps or any intention of doing circuits or runs.

Will have Fray Bentos steak pie and chips for lunch.

Might go to the supermarket, get in an orderly queue with 2 meter separation and then when looking at the reduced produce I will probably get 3 people jostling around me pushing me out the way, crazy.

It's a lovely day

• Thumbs Up 1

I am in training to enter Thailand's online "Ex-Pats Got Talent" competition but I cannot chose between singing "Wonderwall" , "Maggie May"  or "Match of the Day" ?

Wotchathink?

Alternatively, maybe I will go for the novelty act.

Possibly, try for a tray of 10 B52"s downed in under 15 seconds. Sweatie did that in Catz one night.

Decisions. decisions. 😀

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I am in training to enter Thailand's online "Ex-Pats Got Talent" competition but I cannot chose between singing "Wonderwall" , "Maggie May"  or "Match of the Day" ?

Wotchathink?

Alternatively, maybe I will go for the novelty act.

Possibly, try for a tray of 10 B52"s downed in under 15 seconds. Sweatie did that in Catz one night.

Decisions. decisions. 😀

or maybe you could sing that country favorite

Lying on my back with tears in my ears over you 🙂 🙂

9 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Just finished installing a CB radio in my Jeep.

Wow, do people still use those?

I have two in my garage here, one is AM and one is FM.

It might be fun to fire them up again to see if anyone still uses them around here.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Wow, do people still use those?

I have two in my garage here, one is AM and one is FM.

It might be fun to fire them up again to see if anyone still uses them around here.

I used to have a commtron cb radio when I was a kid  555

0DC5D501-5589-4A97-9279-93C6C45B8163.jpeg

• Like 1