What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

12 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I had mine when I first got a car at age 17, 4 of us mates all put them in so that we could keep in touch and meet up!

Remember the days of people driving about with fucking great ariels on their cars. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Remember the days of people driving about with fucking great ariels on their cars. 😀

That was me, in the early days I used to fit a permanent one, then I graduated to a magmount that you could remove and hide from view.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, boydeste said:

That was me, in the early days I used to fit a permanent one, then I graduated to a magmount that you could remove and hide from view.

We were into 8 track and cassette players that you could also remove and hide in your car .... you had to ... otherwise you would come back to your car with windows broken and your shit gone .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

For early 23 channel CB, a quarter wavelength antenna was about 3 metres long. (Certain multiples and submultiples of the wavelength improved the efficiency of the antenna).

4 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

We were into 8 track and cassette players that you could also remove and hide in your car .... you had to ... otherwise you would come back to your car with windows broken and your shit gone .....

I also had an 8 track player in that first car of mine. I loved the tunes that came out of that unit.

4 hours ago, fygjam said:

For early 23 channel CB, a quarter wavelength antenna was about 3 metres long. (Certain multiples and submultiples of the wavelength improved the efficiency of the antenna).

We had shorter antennas than that, about 1.5 meters I would guess, as long as you adjusted the SWR to match they worked pretty good on a car. I think from memory we had 40 channels on both AM and FM. I must see if I can find my units some time this week now it is warming up.

Edited by boydeste

I used to have a commtron cb radio when I was a kid  555
0DC5D501-5589-4A97-9279-93C6C45B8163.jpeg.b3e1bdb465b2fb0d55ec02d92c8f9135.jpeg

This is the unit I have. Everything is done from the microphone and the small main box gets tucked away behind the dashboard.
Just use it for listening when highway driving or up the beach or out bush.
aba0e398a07a42456559f97d2c6757e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just finished feeding the birds. Back inside for orange juice and a look at Argos' website for some sort of excercise aid. (first time for everything) 

Bugger all available that I'm interested so I've ordered an excercise bike from another site. Reviews state it can be assembled in 1 or 2 hours. So that's all day for me then 😃

• Like 1

13 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Social distancing ... I wonder when they are gonna stop the 2 and 3-up on motorbikes here ... if ever ....

Pretty weird I was thinking about that yesterday or the day before ....

I read they are doing that in the Phils ....

I hope they don't resort to what they're doing in India.

image-20191230142918068.jpg