What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

36 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Just bought a set of hair clippers on ebay. 

Can't see an end to this lockdown or at least barbers being allowed to open until well into May anyway.

Mrs K will have fun with them.

Don't do what I did once and shave your bollocks with them, chewed my sack to pieces. 😲

• Haha 3
  • Surprised 1

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Watching paint dry Waiting for Windows Update to finish doing its thing.

image.png

You're only up to 1809?

image.png

There's 1903 and 1909 to do as well, plus any dependencies.

I suppose 2003 is just around the corner.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fygjam said:

You're only up to 1809?

image.png

There's 1903 and 1909 to do as well, plus any dependencies.

I suppose 2003 is just around the corner.

After that last bunch of updates installed I got a warning message about the Win 10 version being out of date. Installing that now.

I only do updates a couple of times of year mainly because I can't be bothered with delays waiting for updates to install. As I'm pretty good about not downloading shit from unknown sources, and don't frequent dodgy websites, so not worried about security risks from using an outdated OS.

image.png

19 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

After that last bunch of updates installed I got a warning message about the Win 10 version being out of date. Installing that now.

I only do updates a couple of times of year mainly because I can't be bothered with delays waiting for updates to install. As I'm pretty good about not downloading shit from unknown sources, and don't frequent dodgy websites, so not worried about security risks from using an outdated OS.

image.png

I just spent an hour loading the updates for 1909.

Keep doing "Check for Updates" until it finally says "You're up to date"

Just in case you aren't aware. MS rolls out hotfixes monthly but as well the xx03 and xx09 twice yearly are feature updates contain new features for Win 10. Whether the new features are desirable is a moot point. These updates can often take several hours, depending on the computer, internet speed etc, and often required several (automatic) reboots. They are best done overnight or you can still use your computer while it's updating, it just runs like a camel in a bog.

• Great Info 1

Just now, Krapow said:

What am I doing?

I'm absolutely delighted to @DodgeThis back logged on!!!

Hope you're well my friend, after your health scare.

Great to see you back, though like the rest of us, your travelling will be curtailed a bit.

@Krapow my man, such a nice welcome, thank you very much 🙂

It has been a rocky path to say the least. At the moment I am in closed locked down in Switzerland. Due to my precondition I have to be careful and I cant see my family and I am bored to death.

I quit my job in February and was fortunate to be able to negotiate a nice farewell package with the company I worked for. Then I started preparation for my round the world trip. I bought my ride (which is sitting now in Austria all alone...) got all my stuff together, even secured sponsors, but now I am stuck and I can tell you, I really hate it.

Freedom means everything to me and I feel imprisoned now, but I dont want to complain, there are many more people out there in a far worse situation.

Health-wise I am doing good feeling much better now. Looking at you painted rock: I am glad you kept your sense of humor mate 🙂

11 minutes ago, DodgeThis said:

@Krapow my man, such a nice welcome, thank you very much 🙂

It has been a rocky path to say the least. At the moment I am in closed locked down in Switzerland. Due to my precondition I have to be careful and I cant see my family and I am bored to death.

I quit my job in February and was fortunate to be able to negotiate a nice farewell package with the company I worked for. Then I started preparation for my round the world trip. I bought my ride (which is sitting now in Austria all alone...) got all my stuff together, even secured sponsors, but now I am stuck and I can tell you, I really hate it.

Freedom means everything to me and I feel imprisoned now, but I dont want to complain, there are many more people out there in a far worse situation.

Health-wise I am doing good feeling much better now. Looking at you painted rock: I am glad you kept your sense of humor mate 🙂

Great to see you back, and I hope nearly as much as you do that you're off traveling again soon, and we can have your posted 'National Geographic' like threads to read in wonder!

Happy you're back to health, and yea, stay safe at the moment.

23 hours ago, Krapow said:

Just bought a set of hair clippers on ebay. 

Can't see an end to this lockdown or at least barbers being allowed to open until well into May anyway.

Mrs K will have fun with them.

I'm on my second set of hair clippers since my addict neice decided to sell my original Babyliss clippers. This time I plumped for the Wahl brand. Solid machine. Still getting to grips with cutting my own hair, especially around me lugoles. Not that I'm bothered about the finish...... I'm stuck at home like the rest of us. 

Was tempted to have a trim downstairs aswell until I read Galenkia's post so I will stick with me old mums bacon scissors and my mach 3.

Edited by Aqualung
Gram
  • Haha 3

Just be catching up with a few mates over Line, WA and messenger, what would we do without the internet these days?

The sun is out so it's time for a walk, I have been extending my distance from 3 miles to 5 a couple of times a week but my calves are suffering.

I may do a short one today.

Delivered 4 loads of shopping earlier. Walk up the path, ring the bell, put the shopping down, and scarper before old Ethel at no 84 tries to engage in a conversation across the door step. Try to have a quick chat at 10 meters, but as shes deaf.... Very difficult if I'm the only other adult she sees in the day... 

Just cut  the grass. Does that count as my 1 hours exercise, or can I go for a walk?

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just got the kitchen sink all plumbed. Garbage disposal is hooked up and ready to go. Thought it was all done till the homeowner came in and asked if it was too late to install a dishwasher? Not a problem I say... just have to modify the cabinet a bit and off we go. 

20200408_103516.jpg

20200408_103541.jpg

20200408_103711.jpg

20200408_153057.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Just got the kitchen sink all plumbed. Garbage disposal is hooked up and ready to go. Thought it was all done till the homeowner came in and asked if it was too late to install a dishwasher? Not a problem I say... just have to modify the cabinet a bit and off we go. 

20200408_103516.jpg

A sink with a bum gun. That's novel.

38 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Pick up the fucking phone like we did for decades 😀

Lol

That's OK for local calls but I been chatting to guys across the other side of the world, would have cost ya a fortune back in the day me thinks!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Lol

That's OK for local calls but I been chatting to guys across the other side of the world, would have cost ya a fortune back in the day me thinks!

Remember the old BT adverts with Maureen Lipman?. 

'She's calling Sydney' 

'Who's Sidney' 

'Sydney Australia' 

Cue choking on tea. 😀

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Remember the old BT adverts with Maureen Lipman?. 

'She's calling Sydney' 

'Who's Sidney' 

'Sydney Australia' 

Cue choking on tea. 😀

I remember when I first had a flat with a mate of mine ( before mobiles )  ... there was a bit of a party one night after the clubs shut ... there was a girl using our phone , I assumed to call a taxi , half an hour later she was still on it ...asked what was going on , she was talking to her Mum ..in Australia ..it was the best time to talk apparently... 

• Haha 2