What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just heading out to do yard work. Tomorrow it's back to work as I told the owner that I practice social distancing  when other subcontractors are needed on the job. It's a politically correct way of saying I'm not working if others are around.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JPK said:

Looking at flights for December and wondering if I should go for it and book it.  Already had 2 trips cancelled so far because of all this carry on. Thinking of a couple 1 week trips around Europe somewhere once the airlines are up and running and just leaving Thailand until December.

Qatar are allowing unlimited free changes and tickets valid for two years ... saying that I'll only be booking once travel procedures  become clear 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/20/2020 at 4:12 AM, Jambo said:

My favorite fishing was trotting for barbel on the Dorset Stour and the Royalty on the Avon. Smashed up by some monsters on the Stour near Bistern at a venue that only opened for the month of September.

I am about 7 miles away from Bistern and half a mile from the Stour at the moment 😀

Wish I was back in the village though, this is coming close to the longest period of time I have been away from the family for the last 12 years.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have just got home after a lovely afternoon in the park with my 5 year old grandson and daughter. First time in weeks that we have been together, albeit at short distance. Skype has been OK but not the same as in person 

I wanted to give them hugs so much but we stuck to the guidelines 

A beautiful hot sunny day today, the hottest of the year I think. 

I feel really happy now. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I have just got home after a lovely afternoon in the park with my 5 year old grandson and daughter. First time in weeks that we have been together, albeit at short distance. Skype has been OK but not the same as in person 

I wanted to give them hugs so much but we stuck to the guidelines 

A beautiful hot sunny day today, the hottest of the year I think. 

I feel really happy now. 

Similar for me, I hadn't seen my brother since Xmas, he visited me at my home today, it was great to see and chat to him in person, all be it through a window in my house.

Now I am enjoying a few beers feeling really happy too.

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

Recovering from chasing one of our dogs round and round the Village soi's after the driveway gate was left open.

Three of the dogs use the "over the wall" back exit and can be trusted  to have a good wander and will then return the same way. The wee one "tung ton" ( aka TYSON) has to be walked on a lead twice a day as she will go here, there and everywhere and get totally lost.

Dogs are territorial and generally know not to venture into another dogs domain. Having been first out of the driveway gate she led our three other dogs in a direction they usually avoid which resulted in "Sintoe", our german shepherd looking pack leader, getting into a fight with another male dog before I could catch them up. No real harm done except before I could get the lead on Tung Ton off she went again.

I am absolutely knackered eventually returning with the wee one to find our other three dogs back asleep on their beds .

My two dogs from down south are missing the freedom they enjoyed in Bangsaray. I know how they feel. 🙃

dogs1.jpg

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 2

I have just been violently sick

No idea why. Came in after a long walk, had a slice of apple pie with cream and an expresso. 15 minutes later I chucked the lot up. 

Feel OK now. Must have been the pie as I drink the same coffee every day or the cream perhaps? They have both been chucked in the bin anyway. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Nice walk anyway away from the smoke and had to take a rest in golf course bunker. Then came face to face with what I thought was a bull and turned out be right cow

IMG-20200522-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20200522-WA0017.jpg

Was that a big long invisible selfie stick you used 

You have been in isolation too long your attracting old cows

1 hour ago, Sherlock said:

Winding the f**k out of certain people on Facebook right now!

Wind them up, watch them spin around, and then their heads explode. Its funny as f**k to watch!

I have never understood how one can have fun winding other people up on a fecking social media, F.B. being probably the worst.

But hey, we're all different I guess ? 

8 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Blue Nun? 😀😀

Well that takes me back.

I think the first wine I ever had was Blue Nun followed eventually by Mateus Rose.

I progressed down a long and winding road after that but my favorite is still a good Rioja.

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Well that takes me back.

I think the first wine I ever had was Blue Nun followed eventually by Mateus Rose.

I progressed down a long and winding road after that but my favorite is still a good Rioja.

Blue Nun is most often followed by a hearty chunder.

• Haha 1

Just finished my first batch of home made hand sanitizer.  Watched varied youtube vids and was easy as feeding an extra pepperoni and cheese pizza to Ukguy at 3am. Used 2 parts 190 proof Everclear ( 32 oz..) and 1 part alo vera gel ( 16 oz. ) Mixed together with the help of a paint pattle in an electric drill for 5 to 10 minutes then added a couple drops of an herbal oil to help kill the alcohol smell. Worked great.... absolutely no alcohol smell what so ever.

20200523_141234.jpg

20200523_141420.jpg

• Like 3

Reading about a quarter of the threads, the Tram one being most interesting lol.

I am really thinking with this pandemic presently that forums are having difficulty populating their topics with anything interesting. My own interest span is short as anything coming out of Thailand is limited due to nothing really happening and discussing the pandemic in the Covid threads has me switched off.

Once we can travel again the forum should have me checking in more regularly.

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Reading about a quarter of the threads, the Tram one being most interesting lol.

I am really thinking with this pandemic presently that forums are having difficulty populating their topics with anything interesting. My own interest span is short as anything coming out of Thailand is limited due to nothing really happening and discussing the pandemic in the Covid threads has me switched off.

Once we can travel again the forum should have me checking in more regularly.

I understand exactly how you feel and it's probably the same for all forums. But on the other hand they are a social community as well as just informational.  My concern is that without much traffic, forums like this could dry up during the period of Covid uncertainty and because nothing much is happening in Thailand with regards to tourism. I think it's also difficult for many of us to remain positive during this very uncertain period.

But whether we like it or not, wherever we go, what ever we watch and read, Covid 19 is at the forefront of everything right now. We are in a kind of hiatus where it's hard to make plans for the near future, let alone knowing when we will be allowed to travel abroad and what restrictions there will be.

That said we all have a choice and I hope that you will become more interested when things become more normalised

We might even be able to organise another London drinks meet up again. Take care matey

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I understand exactly how you feel and it's probably the same for all forums. But on the other hand they are a social community as well as just informational.  My concern is that without much traffic, forums like this could dry up during the period of Covid uncertainty and because nothing much is happening in Thailand with regards to tourism. I think it's also difficult for many of us to remain positive during this very uncertain period.

But whether we like it or not, wherever we go, what ever we watch and read, Covid 19 is at the forefront of everything right now. We are in a kind of hiatus where it's hard to make plans for the near future, let alone knowing when we will be allowed to travel abroad and what restrictions there will be.

That said we all have a choice and I hope that you will become more interested when things become more normalised

We might even be able to organise another London drinks meet up again. Take care matey

That would be good and perhaps Autumn time if things move in the right direction 👍

• Like 1