What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

I just helped my daughter send in her final assignment of the school year to her 2nd grade teacher. Due to our city's COVID-19 state of emergency she's been attending school remotely since the middle of March. She adapted quite well and received glowing reports from her teacher during our end-of-year Zoom conference earlier this week.

We had tickets to travel to Thailand next week so she could stay with her grandparents in Sisaket and attend the local school for six weeks (she speak English, Thai & Isaan). That would have given daddy a long break to travel around a bit -- a few nights in Bangkok & Pattaya; a visit with a GF in Yunnan, China; and some fun time (eating drinking, shopping, etc) in Saigon. Not this year.

Now pondering what I will do to keep my little 8-yo busy for the next few months. Our city is slowly "opening up" but the playgrounds are closed awhile longer and the summer camp situation is unclear (and expensive). We may take a road trip to the Grand Canyon later in the summer.

We'll manage...always do.

mini-20200516_111145.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

After trying to maintain decorum on another thread I think it is a good time to go for a walk along the canal and come back refreshed and in good spirits lol

i have just been reading that and having done a touch of modding myself it made me smile. :default_1087:

Going to join you in as much as it's time for me to venture out into this lovely afternoon for a spot of shanks pony too!

• Thumbs Up 1

I was planning to help a friend move a woodstove out of his basement today, but the weather is crap and he messaged me that it is no point doing the job if we can't relax on the patio afterward with cold beer - good thinking, there...lazy day instead. 

• Like 1