What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Not watching the news today......every time I turn on the TV it is wall to wall funeral of George Floyd. I turned the channel and it was on BBC, AL Jazeera and SKY.  I think what took place in Minnesota was so wrong but the culprits have been locked up and will be charged but this woke media reaction is just about making me tear my hair out.  For me there are far more important things than seeing a poster of George Floyd with angel wings and a halo.  What has happened to the world I live in........I suppose there are many here who would be happy for me to be left behind in this new world.

Edited by Horizondave

27 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Not watching the news today......every time I turn on the TV it is wall to wall funeral of George Floyd. I turned the channel and it was on BBC, AL Jazeera and SKY.  I think what took place in Minnesota was so wrong but the culprits have been locked up and will be charged but this woke media reaction is just about making me tear my hair out.  For me there are far more important things than seeing a poster of George Floyd with angel wings and a halo.  What has happened to the world I live in........I suppose there are many here who would be happy for me to be left behind in this new world.

Just about the post the same, every fucking channel. So glad when this funeral's over ffs.

Now watching Springwatch. 

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Indeed, there's currently some amount of anger out there at all this. 

Then you also have that barricades have had to put up around the Cenotaph and Churchill's statue to protect them.

Unbelievable. 

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Then you also have that barricades have had to put up around the Cenotaph and Churchill's statue to protect them.

Unbelievable. 

933BB2AB-2944-455F-8979-602EDBB9223A.png

😉

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Unbelievable. 

they cut shows that show "blackface" but haven't read anything that they have gone after Canadian PM who had "blackface"at a party.when I was in primary school that had us wear black face to sing some songs at the school concert.

bunch of two faced lying hypercritical plicks.do you think they will go after those two black blokes who are playing "white chicks"

regards

grayray

• Like 1

15 hours ago, grayray said:

they cut shows that show "blackface" but haven't read anything that they have gone after Canadian PM who had "blackface"at a party.when I was in primary school that had us wear black face to sing some songs at the school concert.

bunch of two faced lying hypercritical plicks.do you think they will go after those two black blokes who are playing "white chicks"

regards

grayray

So many films feature so many white actors playing Arabs, Chinese, Japanese and SE Asians, I suppose all these movies will have to be removed from the archives now as inappropriate.

Blackface, Yellowface,  it all will be looked at, hope they don't get rid of my beloved El Cid just because Czech born Herbert Lom played Ben Yusef........sad times.

Trying to plan and buy for a small outside socially distanced 4th birthday party for my daughter on the 20th. 

Just be literally outside of where we live, with the neighbours and their kids who she has been playing with each day anyway.

Sa would normally cook satay, sticky rice etc, but i'll just be buying a nice biggish personalised  birthday cake that can be shared with everyone, and some small presealed packs of sweets or crisps, some balloons etc. 

Weather looks okay for it so far, one of the neighbours has table she's going to bring out and we can put things on, get a little music. 

We had planned it to be in Thailand with all her cousins, aunt, uncles etc, but that's not to be!

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Tidying the bedroom, changing bed linen, I have stood the dirty shirts up against the wall for now. It was like a Turkish brothel.😄

Organising my summer clothes which are the same as last summer but two sizes top big for me. 

Don't fancy going to M&S when they open but I desperately need some new clothes.. Down to a 32 inch waist now.

Filling plastic bags up to drop off at a charity shop when they open again

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Tidying the bedroom, changing bed linen, I have stood the dirty shirts up against the wall for now. It was like a Turkish brothel.😄

Organising my summer clothes which are the same as last summer but two sizes top big for me. 

Don't fancy going to M&S when they open but I desperately need some new clothes.. Down to a 32 inch waist now.

well done on the weight loss 👍

Gant  have an online sale in at the moment, shorts polos etc 

https://www.gant.co.uk/online-promotion?ClickID=zMV2wBWbmxyORkgwUx0Mo3ERUki3qU3BiShLzM0&irgwc=1&utm_source=Impact&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=1788018

21 hours ago, Horizondave said:

The BBC edited the version where the Major uses the N word back in 2013  with the approval of Cleese , but Netflix were still showing the original, I guess they will just show the edited version in future 

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Stick them in a super hot wash, soon shrink down for ya. :default_fun:

• Haha 1