What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

👌I was as fit as a butchers dog in my 30’s but it went downhill fast when I reached my 40’s. Now at 67 and falling apart at the seams, I class a good cough and a fart as exercise. 🤣

Last 5 years or so I have noticed a lot more aches and pains.I'm 52 in a couple of months and hate to think how much worse it will get over the years. 

An hour on my bike and I can barely walk.

9 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

👌I was as fit as a butchers dog in my 30’s but it went downhill fast when I reached my 40’s. Now at 67 and falling apart at the seams, I class a good cough and a fart as exercise. 🤣

OK.....I don’t insult anyone here, not even residents of Paris

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Last 5 years or so I have noticed a lot more aches and pains.I'm 52 in a couple of months and hate to think how much worse it will get over the years. 

Welcome to the club....but I’m sure being off the drink will put off some of the pain for years

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Put the saddle back on .... 😉 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Turn your bike around and cycle home then. 🤣

Seriously, anyone who doesn’t have problems as they get older is bloody lucky IMHO. 

My dad would think nothing of walking 10 miles at 105 years old and regularly walked 5 miles every day, wind or shine. Damn, I wish I’d inherited his healthy genes, but it wasn’t to be. I climbed  the stars late last night in the dead of night and heard my left knee creeking and thought oh ffs not the knees now  ☹️

Edited by KhunDon

2 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Turn your bike around and cycle home then. 🤣

Seriously, anyone who doesn’t have problems as they get older is bloody lucky IMHO. 

My dad would think nothing of walking 10 miles at 105 years old and regularly walked 5 miles every day, wind or shine. Damn, I wish I’d inherited his healthy genes, but it wasn’t to be. ☹️

It's the cramped sports bike riding position, need to get a bike with a more comfortable riding position. 

But it's not easy admitting you are getting old.You think you are Peter Pan. 

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

My dad would think nothing of walking 10 miles at 105 years old and regularly walked 5 miles every day, wind or shine.

That is seriously impressive. I wonder how much it assisted him to live to that ripe old age.

He was born in 1908 one of 9 children and life was different back then living in a small village in Cornwall.  
He never drank much, just the odd half pint of beer, but gave that up in his late 40’s along with smoking. Always ate healthy, home cooked food and always walked everywhere if he could. Different breed back then I suppose. 
Total opposite of how many people live today. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

He was born in 1908 one of 9 children and life was different back then living in a small village in Cornwall.  
He never drank much, just the odd half pint of beer, but gave that up in his late 40’s along with smoking. Always ate healthy, home cooked food and always walked everywhere if he could. Different breed back then I suppose. 
Total opposite of how many people live today. 

both my Grandfather's were both born in 1909 , it just occurred to me ,that your son is still quite young , was he born over 100 years after his Grandfather, did he get to meet him ? 

7 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

both my Grandfather's were both born in 1909 , it just occurred to me ,that your son is still quite young , was he born over 100 years after his Grandfather, did he get to meet him ? 

Yes, our son was born in 2010, so he did get to spend quite a few years with his grandad, as we moved to a house a couple of miles from him when we moved back from Thailand. He also had a lot of great, great, grandchildren, mostly in Australia. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Been watching a 4 hour vid on youtube of carp fishing.

It's a pay per month channel that released this free as a taster to get you to pay.

Very well done but I refuse to pay as there is so much stuff out there for free right now.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Been watching a 4 hour vid on youtube of carp fishing.

It's a pay per month channel that released this free as a taster to get you to pay.

Very well done but I refuse to pay as there is so much stuff out there for free right now.

Did they catch anything ? 😉 555

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 3:40 PM, galenkia said:

Just walked past my local pub and they have turned the car park in to outdoor seating. One way of stopping drink driving. 

@monkey_omelette knows it, The Old Manor. 

Very quiet last couple of days, went past there 4pm yesterday and just now, only 2 tables being used both days and only 2 or 3 people on each one. 

Maybe busier in the evening. 

11 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Waiting for the pub to open in 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went out yesterday with a mate as pubs reopened again in UK so first alcoholic drink for 14 weeks and was nervous. I didn’t struggle though, did a 3pm to 8pm shift and think I hit the 10 pint mark. Bit groggy first thing but still up at 0700 and out for a bike ride so cleared the head. 

i’m not sure if pubs will have the same attraction to me having been off it for such a while and not missed it but it’s early days so we’ll see. 

I think I’ll have another go next Friday after work. 

• Thumbs Up 1