What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

17 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Just whacked a load of Aftersun on top of my head ... gorgeous day so walked for a couple of hours , nice breeze so didn't feel too hot ... managed to burn my head and face ... must remember my hat next time 

Pissed down most of the day by me. 

Put the standard exhaust on my bike earlier as it's serviced and MOT day tomorrow. 

Was convinced that the race can was getting louder, sure enough, it was rotting away inside and half the packing was missing. 

No wonder people covered their ears when I went past at 10k upwards revs. 😀

• Haha 3

Put the standard exhaust on my bike earlier as it's serviced and MOT day tomorrow. 

Was convinced that the race can was getting louder, sure enough, it was rotting away inside and half the packing was missing. 

5 minutes ago, galenkia said:

You are lucky you have the knowledge and skills to do that sort of stuff ... give me any tool in hand and I make a complete f**king mess out of everything .. it is like my brain stops working ...

29 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

You are lucky you have the knowledge and skills to do that sort of stuff ... give me any tool in hand and I make a complete f**king mess out of everything .. it is like my brain stops working ...

Spent 15 years as a panel beater doing all the heavily smashed up cars, so am pretty technically minded. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, john1000 said:

Uses to run up there as a kid, not now though.

A few I know run up the zig zags early morning on. Saturday. I just wave as I walk by. Could never run uk there even if fit I’d probably only last the once. These guys do it 6 x

38 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Braved the weather.  Just got set up in the rain.

20200708_194617.jpg

I would leave the house an hour before sunrise and have two rods set up for tench with fishing the margins using grounded mature cheese and shredded tin of spam and sweet corn,

Works a treat and i'll be home by midday with my feet up relaxing and had a good days fishing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

I would leave the house an hour before sunrise and have two rods set up for tench with fishing the margins using grounded mature cheese and shredded tin of spam and sweet corn,

Works a treat and i'll be home by midday with my feet up relaxing and had a good days fishing.

Spam was the "secret" bait they used in Gillams resort in Krabi , one guy brought his own from England ( dozens of tins in his suitcase.. )  because he didn't think the version sold in Thailand was as good  🙂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Spam was the "secret" bait they used in Gillams resort in Krabi , one guy brought his own from England ( dozens of tins in his suitcase.. )  because he didn't think the version sold in Thailand was as good  🙂 

Lots of different versions of spam. Some work better than others. Great chub bait too! 

5 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Spam ... good idea .. I need all the help I can get to just catch 1 fish  ... then I will be happy!

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

12 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

It helps when you don’t drink 8 quarts of Leo beforehand......

• Haha 2

On 6/24/2020 at 5:00 PM, Horizondave said:

Just booked the Dartmouth steam railway and river cruise leaving from Paignton on 09 July. I got 50 pence off as a senior concession. You need to be 65 to get the concession and that date, 09 July, will be my 65th birthday.

Happy Birthday! Have a great day. 🙂

It looks like sunny Devon isn't so sunny today, but a good weekend is ahead.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Spam ... good idea .. I need all the help I can get to just catch 1 fish  ... then I will be happy!

What do you currently use for bait and what fish swim where you are?

Also how do you fish for them? 

Edited by boydeste

Just done my first session with a PT totally knackered. I’ve been kidding myself on during this lockdown and lucky if Ive been out running or on the bike twice a week.  Thought I’d book a couple of sessions each week until the gyms are opened up proper. 

I’ve been eating rubbish as well past few months and not really eating healthy. So got her to knock me up a diet sheet as well

No work, no gym and eating crap the past 3 month I’ve put on just over a stone 😂😂 

• Surprised 1

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

What do you currently use for bait and what fish swim where you are?

Also how do you fish for them? 

Well, I am not being a smart ass by saying this -- but, I think ( I don't really know ) there are all types of fish .... I go out in the sea every time I go fishing ... never to the same spot though .. I figure I didn't catch any fish there - so, I always go some place new

I always use a lure with some stuff ( the stuff is out in the long tail ) the I spray onto the lure that is supposed to smell like fresh bait .. the stuff really stinks

I just throw the line with the lure out into the sea as far as I can throw it  ... then slowly reel it in 

3 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I have a serious hangover,we had my mate from my RAF days & his Chinese wife over yesterday....went from San Mig to Cobra to Polski beer to white wine all in large quantities.

Well, my solution when I am totally knackered the next day is to have for beginners 3 -4 of the old "hair of the dog."   Then decide if I want another 3 - 4 ... then another .....

1 hour ago, JPK said:

Just done my first session with a PT totally knackered. I’ve been kidding myself on during this lockdown and lucky if Ive been out running or on the bike twice a week.  Thought I’d book a couple of sessions each week until the gyms are opened up proper. 

I’ve been eating rubbish as well past few months and not really eating healthy. So got her to knock me up a diet sheet as well

No work, no gym and eating crap the past 3 month I’ve put on just over a stone 😂😂 

Aye, i went and bought scales the other day from Argos, and was delighted i had only put on half a stone. Though up until 3 or 4 weeks ago, i had been doing near an hour and a half 3 or 4 times a week. 

Hard to get motivated now, and have a 11am meet in the park with a PT tomorrow for a 'free taster' session. 

And was delighted to read this earlier -

Government hopes to reopen gyms in mid-July

The government hopes to open gyms in England in mid-July, with beauty salons to follow as soon as possible, Leader of the House of Commons Jacob Rees-Mogg says.

Speaking in Parliament, Rees-Mogg tells MPs: "Our hope is to reopen gyms and leisure facilities in mid-July.

"Other close-contact services, tattoo and nail parlours, will follow as soon as possible.

"The government has been clear that it wants to reopen the economy carefully and gradually and this is why some businesses which involve less sustained contact between people have opened before others."

Meanwhile, Northern Ireland is set to become the first nation in the UK to allow gyms to reopen - with leisure facilities preparing to open their doors on Friday.

Edited by Krapow
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Well, my solution when I am totally knackered the next day is to have for beginners 3 -4 of the old "hair of the dog."   Then decide if I want another 3 - 4 ... then another .....

That's what I'll be doing but a bit early now.

50 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Well, I am not being a smart ass by saying this -- but, I think ( I don't really know ) there are all types of fish .... I go out in the sea every time I go fishing ... never to the same spot though .. I figure I didn't catch any fish there - so, I always go some place new

I always use a lure with some stuff ( the stuff is out in the long tail ) the I spray onto the lure that is supposed to smell like fresh bait .. the stuff really stinks

I just throw the line with the lure out into the sea as far as I can throw it  ... then slowly reel it in 

Lure fishing in the sea, I would use one that is bright and sparkles/flashes. Adding a scent probably won't help you much on a moving bait. Try varying the depth before retrieve and mix up the speed of the retrieve.  Make the lure jerky and erratic. Make it lift and sink by stopping the retrieve a few seconds etc.

Also fishing near structure/sunken boat, depth change will attract fish. 

Good luck.