What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Locking myself down from Krapow and the Lambeg banging Orthodox Stamford Hill cowboys on July 12th.... and basically in despair at the state of the world.

We start to come out of lockdown businesses slowly opening up and its arseholes look at me time. BLM lot trying to demolish statues of people who saved us from Napoleon and Hitler and now Greta's lot are back blaming the pandemic on meat eaters. Trafalgar Square fountains just now .......

_113339144_hi062404939.jpg

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Mid-morning and I am contemplating the day's activities, and wondering how long it will be before the rain starts again; I don't think we've had two sunny days in a row since early June. It starts out nice in the morning and then it's raining by mid or late afternoon - I've seen summers like this before and they are really a piss off as our summers are short enough as it is at this latitude...

If it's any consolation mate, it's been pissing it down here all week too!

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Bad boy pizzas seem to be popular this week mate.

Had one a few weeks ago:... settled on a Indian set for one ... 

popadoms + mint sauce

chikka tikka  & onion bahji 

Garlic chilli chicken ,  vegetable curry , plain naan and pilau rice  ...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

Had one a few weeks ago:... settled on a Indian set for one ... 

popadoms + mint sauce

chikka tikka  & onion bahji 

Garlic chilli chicken ,  vegetable curry , plain naan and pilau rice  ...

That sounds like a nice combo for sure mate!

37 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Nursing a hangover... trying to decide if I want a takeaway... so far looked at Thai , Chinese , Indian and Thai menus 

We all knew that anyway,  always the same, log on in the morning to a load of anti Trump posts, stillearly pissed again the night before :default_biggrin:

• Haha 6

The missus was up & away at 5am to go to Billingsgate,got back around 12 & has been busy in the kitchen since.I offered to help but was refused so I've had a nice day of cricket,football,curry & alcohol.

Perfectamundo!

On 7/11/2020 at 4:58 PM, Krapow said:

It's the 11th night, so me being a good Proddy, i'll be building a mini bonfire, getting drunk as f**k and screaming sectarian abuse at the Kaffolics!

It's all Orthodox Jewish round here, no Kaffolics, but it's the thought that counts!

:tonic:  :crabflute:  :UK:

Why the f**k are you coming out with this racist pish?? Keep that in the 17th century where this shite belongs. Change "kafflicks" for Muslim, jew, blacks or even fuckin jedi and see how far you get. Not in the least bit amusing, but then again there is nothing like a wee bit of bigotry to get the blood pumping, eh? 

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, fatbhoytim said:

Why the f**k are you coming out with this racist pish?? Keep that in the 17th century where this shite belongs. Change "kafflicks" for Muslim, jew, blacks or even fuckin jedi and see how far you get. Not in the least bit amusing, but then again there is nothing like a wee bit of bigotry to get the blood pumping, eh? 

Dry your eyes or get a sense of humour ffs!

Preferably both :default_air_kiss:

I've decided to stop drinking hard liquor,but I've still got some in the cabinet.

So tonight I'm emptying my bottle of JD.The Gordons gin,Jamesons & Black Bush have all gone so I guess it's a straight race to whether I empty the rest before my liver packs up....🥳🥳

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I've decided to stop drinking hard liquor,but I've still got some in the cabinet.

So tonight I'm emptying my bottle of JD.The Gordons gin,Jamesons & Black Bush have all gone so I guess it's a straight race to whether I empty the rest before my liver packs up....🥳🥳

Sunday cocktails?

23 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Sunday cocktails?

Not really,the others I finished in the last couple of weeks.Got a load of rum & some dodgy gin which gives me a hangover left but can't see me drinking them,but you never know....

8 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Not really,the others I finished in the last couple of weeks.Got a load of rum & some dodgy gin which gives me a hangover left but can't see me drinking them,but you never know....

The night's young!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, fatbhoytim said:

I like a laugh and a bit of a wind up, but sorry-- casual bigotry does not make it funny.

It was a joke, a bit of fun.  

Racist? I'm from Northern Ireland, so yea, i'm being racist against myself ffs!

It's part of long running banter on here between some of us, i get called stuff like a Proddy Dog, i get pictures of a screaming Ian Paisley posted to me, i get stuff about lambeg drums, Orange this, Orange that. See, on here we can have a laugh about such things, the way it should be, we don't go out of our way too be offended or upset by such like you seem to be.  

You'll notice Nampla laughed at my post, him being a Catholic and all,  then responded making a joke to me about lambegs and the 12th. And goodness me, don't go onto the Covid thread, there was someone else who made a joke about the 12th to me, to which i responded with a other joke. Again, that's what we do here on this forum, we have fun about such things, joke, laugh. 

If you want to go out of your way to be offended that's your choice, but we'll just continue to have a bit of fun, make jokes and laugh about such things, the way it should be!

You can rant all you want and go and chase ambulances somewhere else ...

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

7 hours ago, Krapow said:

It was a joke, a bit of fun.  

Racist? I'm from Northern Ireland, so yea, i'm being racist against myself ffs!

It's part of long running banter on here between some of us, i get called stuff like a Proddy Dog, i get pictures of a screaming Ian Paisley posted to me, i get stuff about lambeg drums, Orange this, Orange that. See, on here we can have a laugh about such things, the way it should be, we don't go out of our way too be offended or upset by such like you seem to be.  

You'll notice Nampla laughed at my post, him being a Catholic and all,  then responded making a joke to me about lambegs and the 12th. And goodness me, don't go onto the Covid thread, there was someone else who made a joke about the 12th to me, to which i responded with a other joke. Again, that's what we do here on this forum, we have fun about such things, joke, laugh. 

If you want to go out of your way to be offended that's your choice, but we'll just continue to have a bit of fun, make jokes and laugh about such things, the way it should be!

You can rant all you want and go and chase ambulances somewhere else ...

Go and chase ambulances and rant elsewhere--really--  ffs-- Because you chose to belittle my religion I am just supposed to sit here and agree while your cohorts pat you on your back?  Just because you are a prolific poster it does NOT give you the right to slag off my beliefs and pass it off as banter. Call a black man (or a person of colour as I believe they wish to be known as these days) a ni***r  -- and if they get offended say no problem mate, someone called me an orange bast*rd yesterday and everything is cool?   As stated before I have no problem with piss taking or banter or even having my arse handed to me, but casual racism and bigotry dressed up as "banter" is a no no in any language, least of all mine. Keep that shite in the Shankill where it belongs.

It certainly proves you can take the man out of  the north of Ireland, but you can't take the north of Ireland out of the man. If I called you a paedo, you would rightly be most upset, but if I quantified that remark with "its alright mate, mikey called me that yesterday- -great banter, eh?" and that makes it alright?? 

Yes, on this forum we strive to have a bit of fun and have a laugh at each others expense, and I have had my fair share of piss taken, both given and received , as you rightly say-- joke laugh as the way it should be. Keep your bigotry and religion out of this equation and everyone is happy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, fatbhoytim said:

Go and chase ambulances and rant elsewhere--really--  ffs-- Because you chose to belittle my religion I am just supposed to sit here and agree while your cohorts pat you on your back?  Just because you are a prolific poster it does NOT give you the right to slag off my beliefs and pass it off as banter. Call a black man (or a person of colour as I believe they wish to be known as these days) a ni***r  -- and if they get offended say no problem mate, someone called me an orange bast*rd yesterday and everything is cool?   As stated before I have no problem with piss taking or banter or even having my arse handed to me, but casual racism and bigotry dressed up as "banter" is a no no in any language, least of all mine. Keep that shite in the Shankill where it belongs.

It certainly proves you can take the man out of  the north of Ireland, but you can't take the north of Ireland out of the man. If I called you a paedo, you would rightly be most upset, but if I quantified that remark with "its alright mate, mikey called me that yesterday- -great banter, eh?" and that makes it alright?? 

Yes, on this forum we strive to have a bit of fun and have a laugh at each others expense, and I have had my fair share of piss taken, both given and received , as you rightly say-- joke laugh as the way it should be. Keep your bigotry and religion out of this equation and everyone is happy. 

Aye really ...

Belittle your religion lol, f**k sake have a word with yourself and stop playing the victim, there was no bigotry, what there was, was a joke. 

As said, if you want to go out of your way to be offended, that's your choice, no one else is. There's jokes about such things on here quite a bit, back and forth. 

My cohorts on here patting me on the back? They're all Catholics i'm talking about ffs.

You think people are going to stop joking about such things because you're going out of your way to be offended by the jokes? Get over yourself ffs. 

I don't know, maybe you should 'mix' a bit more, i have loads of Catholic friends, we joke about such things all the time, the way it should be, laugh about the absurdity of it all. It's good to laugh and smile, healthy even, you should try it. I've even had jokes with a Celtic fan on here who was at an old firm, i could hear the Celtic fans singing the shall we say 'cultural or sectarian' songs on the TV before kick off and posted such, and he was posting from the game, laughing about it, saying 'ach, it's traditional'. See, fun, banter, a laugh. 

And the irony of you going on about casual racism, you who posted lies trying to belittle a black guy on a different thread the other week. Maybe sort yourself out first, eh!

I'm not even wasting my time saying anymore to you about it. Maybe best you get a sense of humour or join mumsnet, just a thought ...

FB_IMG_1593213112878.jpg

Edited by Krapow
  • Thumbs Up 2